PDA

View Full Version : Austin guys coming for a Sunday Morning Ride down there......

RUNNINHORN
January 18th, 2002, 02:48 AM
Some of us guys from the UT sport bike club are gonna be heading down to the 337-Leakey area to do some riding Sunday morning---any of you SA guys gonna be there? Just thought we might could meet up and ride or BS if yall were gonna be down there on sunday morning......

Inlaw1
January 18th, 2002, 10:03 AM
Yea, it looks like we are going to be out in that area, just don't know what time yet. Not sure when we are shoving off or if we are stopping for B'fast somewhere.

James Thomas
January 18th, 2002, 01:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gary Stoops:
Yea, it looks like we are going to be out in that area, just don't know what time yet. Not sure when we are shoving off or if we are stopping for B'fast somewhere.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Food good, Utopia, mmm-mmm :D

wonderdawg
January 18th, 2002, 06:17 PM
I propose for those who want to go do the 100 mile loop, let's ride first and eat later.

For those more interested in riding than eating, if we leave Helotes around 9:15, we should be in Leakey no later than 10:30.

100 mile loop takes around 2 hours including breaks.

That puts you back in Utopia eatin lunch about 1:00pm.

James Thomas
January 18th, 2002, 06:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mike benson:
I propose for those who want to go do the 100 mile loop, let's ride first and eat later.

For those more interested in riding than eating, if we leave Helotes around 9:15, we should be in Leakey no later than 10:30.

100 mile loop takes around 2 hours including breaks.

That puts you back in Utopia eatin lunch about 1:00pm.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Does that loop include 55??

I need to be home 2ish. Feasible??

wonderdawg
January 18th, 2002, 07:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by James:
Does that loop include 55??
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope. I was thinking north on 336 to 41. west on 41 ro 335. south on 335 to 337. east on 337 back to Leakey.

Save 55 for a day of it's own. ;)

If you don't stop for lunch you can make it easy.

Inlaw1
January 18th, 2002, 07:54 PM
C'mon guys. It's going to be in the mid to lower 30's Sunday morning. If that's the case it'll still be in the 30's when you leave Helotes and colder in the Hill Country.

Sounds like we may need to work something out for more than one group. You two sound like you want / need to get done early yet have chosen to ride the loop even though that can be a majority day ride. And you've picked a cold morning to start it on.

I don't mind the early start if we stop to eat and let it warm up. Then head out to the loop and make a good day ride out of it.

Someone else weigh in on the matter.

James Thomas
January 18th, 2002, 08:57 PM
Accuweather is calling for a low of 40 in San Antonio, and 31 in Leakey. So Leakey outta be mid 40's by 1030. But I'm not a weatherman. WTFDIK

Majority rules I suppose. I'll start making my way home at noon from whereever everyone decides to go. tongue.gif

Inlaw1
January 18th, 2002, 10:35 PM
I don't know about accuweather. Don't use it. I go by the local stations meteorologist's and / or the weather channel. They are all saying 32-34 degrees for a Sunday low. Of course, what do weathermen know about Texas Weather?? smile.gif

RUNNINHORN
January 19th, 2002, 12:45 AM
Well, I was all for heading out early to meet up with you guys, but the majority of my group says that dont want to get up any earlier and still want to live austin at 9am. So with that in mind, id still like to meet up with yall some time if possible? Is that possible? Anyway, if we could meet up and ride or just have lunch that would be cool, but either way is cool.......we should have a group of about 5-7 guys.........IF you guys see a group led by a Blue/White Gixxer 1000 with a guy in full leathers, wave us down............thats me :D

kleblanc
January 19th, 2002, 08:54 AM
Why dont we have bfeast and then meet them austinlits at 11:30 or 12 at Vanderpool. Then everyone can make up there minds on what to do next. Oh yea and James your a smart man

RUNNINHORN
January 19th, 2002, 09:38 AM
That sounds good to me. So is anyone up for meeting us between 1130-12 in Vanderpool?

Inlaw1
January 19th, 2002, 11:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RUNNINHORN:
That sounds good to me. So is anyone up for meeting us between 1130-12 in Vanderpool?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Well, we can try. We might be able to make that. No guarantee though.

RUNNINHORN
January 19th, 2002, 11:44 AM
Thats cool, no prob if yall dont, we just thought it would be cool to ride with people that knew that area really well and that were good riders.....

Todd Hoffmaster
January 19th, 2002, 12:01 PM
A ride to breakfast sounds good to me. Then we will shoot for Vanderpool and meet up with Austin riders soon afterward. It's been a couple of weeks since we have been over the mountain.
Personally, I'd like to eat breakfast and do the mountain a couple of times and then zoom to Campwood and then head back home.
James, it's 1.5 hours to your home from Vanderpool on a good day.

RUNNINHORN
January 20th, 2002, 04:44 AM
We will be shooting to be in Vanderpool between 1130-12 today......we will look for yall there.....