PDA

View Full Version : SMR 8-19 Yes to Austin!

Inlaw1
August 16th, 2001, 12:05 PM
We will be going up to Austin this Sunday. The ride will depart from the Diamond Shamrock at Bulverde Rd. and Loop 1604 at 0730.

the game plan is to go up and meet the Outlaws at the usual spot south of Wimberley. We will then go up through Oak Hill and out to Bee Creek Rd. (little Laguna). We will have to double back on that road to hwy 71 and then across 620 and out to Lime Creek and out 1431 through the good stuff to a point about half way to Marble Falls.

We can then head back the way we came, or head out to Marble Falls and drone home down 281. We can play that by ear.

Please make sure to either remind you fellow SA members to visit this board for info, or pass it along to those you feel may not be getting this info.

Thanks.

Todd Hoffmaster
August 16th, 2001, 04:40 PM
You all have fun on your ride. :D I will be working the TWS races. I will try to videotape the stunt ride on Sunday.

Brett
August 19th, 2001, 10:52 AM
All you squids make it back home OK? How about Rick and Rene (sp?). I wrote up a little ride report on the Austin board if anyone is interested.

Brett

James Thomas
August 19th, 2001, 11:39 AM
This squid is back. Wet and wild ride back. I was sliding all over the place :eek: :( :D :confused:

Here is a wet squid pack:
http://home.satx.rr.com/satkat/oakhill1.jpg
http://home.satx.rr.com/satkat/oakhill2.jpg

[ August 19, 2001: Message edited by: James_Thomas ]

Inlaw1
August 19th, 2001, 12:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by James_Thomas:
This squid is back. Wet and wild ride back. I was sliding all over the place :eek: :( :D :confused:
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I didn't have any real problems, except for one corner on Bulverde in which I pushed across the lane. Shortly after that Mike B comes around me, rooster tail of water off the tires, and checks out! Gone!

There was a five car pile up on 1604 at Green mountain so no sooner was I on the loop from Bulverde that traffic comes to a stop. I went to the shoulder, I'm not sitting in the rain. Then when I got off the loop for 35S the bike let loose front and back! :eek: I was wiggling all over that lane! I HATE it when that happens! smile.gif

I've got a call into Rick and Rene to see what happened to them.

For a ride report from Brett and one from me please see the Austin board folks