PDA

View Full Version : Late Sunday Ride

gary dunham
January 27th, 2002, 06:47 PM
Joe P. & I weasled out of the weekly sportbikecicleathon and met @ a civilized (read WARMER) time of 1pm to partake of the glories that are south Tejas in January.
THIS is why I live in south Texas!! :D
Met a youngster (when you're my age, almost everyone is a youngster) on a Kawi ZRex1100 at the end of PR37. Towed him around to 46 to 474 to 473 to Old#9 to Grapetown to Crabapple and back to Blanco. GREAT ride except for the exploding cow dung thrown up by an outrageously quick 70+ yearold on an 1800 GoldWing TOWING A TRAILER :eek:
Saw 95+ following this older gent. THIS is who I want to be when I grow up :cool:
Anyhoo, gave Master Jeffrey our web address and encouraged him to meet us in Helotes (when the weather isn't conducive to icicles hanging from rider/machine) tongue.gif
Hope the Mike-led SMR was equally entertaining. ;)

James Thomas
January 27th, 2002, 07:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gary dunham:
..sportbikecicleathon and met @ a civilized (read WARMER) time of 1pm to partake of the glories that are south Tejas in January.
.(when the weather isn't conducive to icicles hanging from rider/machine) tongue.gif
Hope the Mike-led SMR was equally entertaining. ;)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Icicles, schmisicles...ya wimp. tongue.gif Most were shedding cold weather gear by the time we rolled out of Helotes at 920-ish.

I put 285 on the odo, and only used the lectric's for a small bit of the ride. It was a great day. :D

[ January 27, 2002: Message edited by: James ]

wardsweb
January 27th, 2002, 07:40 PM
Today was a great "do your own thing" day. I had honey-do's, so headed out alone around 2:30. Spent a couple hours just meandering around. I love winter in San Antonio. What a FANTASTIC day! :D Even if I managed to crack the right side plastic just below the seat where the allen bolt holds it on. :( No clue how it happened, just that it happened while I was out. Oh well, time to do a little repair work.

JJTX
January 27th, 2002, 08:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gary dunham:
a youngster (when you're my age, almost everyone is a youngster) on a Kawi ZRex1100
by an outrageously quick 70+ yearold on an 1800 GoldWing TOWING A TRAILER :eek:
Saw 95+ following this older gent. THIS is who I want to be when I grow up :cool:
Anyhoo, gave Master Jeffrey our web address and encouraged him to meet us in Helotes (when the weather isn't conducive to icicles hanging from rider/machine) tongue.gif
Hope the Mike-led SMR was equally entertaining. ;)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Guys I wish You all could have seen this from my perspective. Think of hitting a big pile of horse **** laying in the middle of the road, and having it spew in every direction, and a guy on a nice shiney clean R1 behind him...... :D :eek: I allmost went off the road laughing so hard.. Still cant believe this guy hit it square with his front tire at 80mph.

I think we'll be seeing Jeff again. Someone needs to setup his suspension for him, thats for sure.

Great ride, couldnt ask for better riding weather, and traffic was only an issue like twice.

[ January 27, 2002: Message edited by: Joe P. ]