PDA

View Full Version : smr sunday 10/14

wonderdawg
October 10th, 2001, 10:21 PM
Anyone interested in heading to Utopia for breakfast this Sunday?

Meet in Helotes. Try to have kickstands up by 7:45am.

Tentative route - West on HWY16 - West on PR37 - North on 1283 - West on HWY16 - West on RR337 - North on RR187 - West on RR337 - South on US83 - East on RR1120 - South on RR2748 - East on RR1050 - North on RR187 to Utopia.

Stop and eat at Lost Maples Cafe.

North on RR187 - East on RR470 - East on HWY16 - home. :D

JJTX
October 11th, 2001, 05:08 AM
Wish I could........Bout how long does this take to do? Sounds like a nice run solo for me.

James Thomas
October 11th, 2001, 05:40 AM
I'm there :D

Barron
October 11th, 2001, 06:36 AM
:( I'm gonna cry !!

James Thomas
October 11th, 2001, 07:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Barron Haake:
:( I'm gonna cry !!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm might just cry as well. Last Thursday, pre-IBI my ******* stripped my oil drain plug (overtightened). Picked it up yesterday from the shop. Go riding last night out to Specht's, no oil leaking. Woohoo. I look this am, a few drops of oil on the ground and oil on the plug.

PHUGGIN SHIIIT. Oh well, back to the shop. I sure as hell hope they get it done right this time, and before sunday or I'm gonna...................

:rolleyes: :mad: :eek: :mad:

Inlaw1
October 11th, 2001, 08:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Barron Haake:
:( I'm gonna cry !!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
In due time Barron, in due time! We miss you too!!

Inlaw1
October 11th, 2001, 08:38 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SAT KAT:
Go riding last night out to Specht's,<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I was going to go but thought it was going to rain. Looked like it outside and on radar. How was turnout? Wuz da cops there? Any rain?
no oil leaking. Woohoo. I look this am, a few drops of oil on the ground and oil on the plug.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
You may have to teflon tape the new drain plug. (?)

James Thomas
October 11th, 2001, 09:53 AM
Specht's sucked. I have never seen any less bikes!! Both combination of last weeks arrest and weather (and Sheriff's patrol) kept the gathering light. Although it did not actually rain.

You know, I was thinking of doing the teflon tape. But unsure how it would hold up to heat, this sucker gets hot!! :confused: But seeing I paid $50 bucks to have an oversized plug put in, I'm taking it back to let them deal with it. Looks like he is gonna do a thread insert. He can phuggin weld it in there for all I care....I'm jonesing for a ride! :D

Inlaw1
October 11th, 2001, 11:43 AM
Specht's sucked. I have never seen any less bikes!! Both combination of last weeks arrest and weather (and Sheriff's patrol) kept the gathering light.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm sure most of it was weather. Was there an acutal LEO presence last night?
You know, I was thinking of doing the teflon tape. But unsure how it would hold up to heat, this sucker gets hot!! :confused:<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yea, you gots a point. Not sure how that would work, or not work.
But seeing I paid $50 bucks to have an oversized plug put in, I'm taking it back to let them deal with it. Looks like he is gonna do a thread insert.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's what I'd do, sounds like a plan. If the oversize plug didn't work, then you'll probably have to do the insert.
He can phuggin weld it in there for all I care....I'm jonesing for a ride! :D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Down boy! Easy there! :D You'll get to ride! smile.gif

James Thomas
October 11th, 2001, 01:06 PM
Specht's- Sheriff's Deputy made a pass up and down the road. When Jim and I pulled off Blanco onto Specht's Road he actually had a cage pulled over. :eek: (When I saw the lights flashing I thought O'boy, checkpoint)

needforspeed2
October 11th, 2001, 05:09 PM
I'm looking forward to a ride Sunday. The Bike is out of the shop and should be good to go. smile.gif :D

Inlaw1
October 12th, 2001, 09:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mike benson:
Meet in Helotes. Try to have kickstands up by 7:45am.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Ride sounds like fun. But we pushed the official depart time back Mike. Meet at 0800, leave by 08 whatever time. Might effect turnout. (?)

James Thomas
October 12th, 2001, 10:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gary Stoops:
Ride sounds like fun. But we pushed the official depart time back Mike. Meet at 0800, leave by 08 whatever time. Might effect turnout. (?)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

:confused: No one changed the Events Calendar time and subsequent email blast notification that stands at 730 departure.

None-the-less Mike, I will be there by 715-730. More coffee isn't a bad thing if you decide to wait till 8 to leave?! ;)

Inlaw1
October 12th, 2001, 10:42 AM
No one changed the Events Calendar time and subsequent email blast notification that stands at 730 departure.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Ok, you got me there. smile.gif I believe we discussed it at the last meeting. And if I remember, reminders went around at one of the last SMR's. (?)

I'm not in charge of telling those in charge of whatever what to do anymore. :confused: I guess communication broke down, or we really have not changed the start times. Just ignore me. I have no idea what is going on.

James Thomas
October 12th, 2001, 04:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bill via:

Isn't that one of them biblical signs or summin'?...;)&gt;
bill<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hell freezing over?? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Inlaw1
October 12th, 2001, 05:06 PM
Hell freezing over??<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>No....that would be the day I don't give you my opinion. LOL! smile.gif

Todd Hoffmaster
October 12th, 2001, 07:00 PM
Alas, I have Air Force Reserves again. So I will not be able to ride with you guys this weekend. Have fun :(

Last I heard(meeting and last SMR) the SMR's were moved back to 8am. But hey, I'll be up at 0545 to go to save the world :D