PDA

View Full Version : SMR Report

needforspeed2
October 21st, 2001, 08:42 PM
What a Ride, like Gary (R1) said-Kinda like the twilight zone!!. After waiting for the contingent from 1604/Bulverde road to show (missed you Mike !) and a short discussion about the route, we left about 8:15 am.
Gary on the 929RRE,
Gary on the R1,
James on the Katana,
Tommy the Tiller,
Rick on the 'busa,
Todd on the SV,
Jan on the super cool R-1,
Bobby on that persistent Buell
Lance on the XX
and another Gentleman on a ZX12
We cruised around Park Road 37 and up to Pipe Creek, then turned left on 16 and blasted into Bandera.We lost Jan and Gary somewhere in Bandera and some of us stopped on the turn onto 470 to wait. James went retrieve them and came back wth Gary -no Jan.
We hauled-### into vanderpool enjoying the scenery as it blurrrrred by and met the others coming the other way-apparently coming back to look for us ! Some of stopped at the store at 337/470 and again, some of us didn't. On the way over the mountain we met the others coming back, so we waited at the turn around for them. As we waited, Jan buzzed by-from the other direction ! Never saw her again- like we said-twilight zone . No one ever came back so went rode back to the store and FOUND THE GROUP- whew. We took a break and then decided to call it a day. The ride home along 470 was a moderate paced game of dodge the bicyclist as we encountered small groups (cells ?) of riders appaerntly oblivious to the fact that
riding three abreast along a winding country road full of blind corners and frequently traveled by sportbikes could be unsafe. Arrived home at 12:45 not a minute too soon.

Let's do it again ! :D

Inlaw1
October 22nd, 2001, 09:09 AM
LOL!! The Twilight Zone! That's a good one Lance. It was like the Twilight Zone! People disappearing only to be seen again briefly and then disappearing. It was a strange day / ride.

I think folks need to remember that there is a ride leader and they need to follow his lead on where we go / when we stop. If you need to stop for something, whatever it is then it's up to you to let someone know you are pulling over and either let them know you will catch up, or you need assistance.

If a rider in the group just pulls off without any indication of what's up then the group gets held up looking for someone up that may have just decided to go home. Not fair to the group folks.

And that's John Covington on the ZX-12, and Kerry on the Busa. It was a good ride today! Wish I had more time to spend out there, but I might of sold the car finally. There were a bunch of riders out, that's for sure. We kept running into more bikes heading out as we were heading home. It was definetly a day for riding! smile.gif

James Thomas
October 22nd, 2001, 09:25 AM
I was sweep in that section when we turned in Vanderpool and tried hand signalling you leads to pull off, to no avail. I pulled off with lance, thomas, gary r1 cuz we all had to **** something awful.

We definately need to work on pit stops. And lead/sweep commo.

Other than that it was a great ride. Great weather.

Till next time.

Hasta,
JT

needforspeed2
October 22nd, 2001, 12:49 PM
Sorry John and Kerry, I still need to work on putting names with Bike !!! :rolleyes:

Todd Hoffmaster
October 22nd, 2001, 08:51 PM
If you all would get chatterboxes then I could talk to you and we would all know what each other is doing :D

It was a weird day of riding, but fun none the less. I have to work on my ride leader skills - pulling over for one and going slower for another. smile.gif

Inlaw1
October 22nd, 2001, 11:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Todd H.:
If you all would get chatterboxes then I could talk to you and we would all know what each other is doing<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>That's all I need is you hooligans phuggin wit me over the chatterbox while entering a corner! :D

Actually having one or two of the regular leader / route guys with communication gear may not be a bad idea.

jan haning
October 26th, 2001, 06:22 AM
I had to PEE, so I finally stopped in Bandera and GARY (R1) said the group was going one way, which is where I headed and oops he was WRONG. No problem, I had a blast and ran into some blue R1s after Leakey ... I saw ya'll stopped at the market, but I had to get back to town, so ... did anyone else notice there was alot of small, smelley road kill obstacles? See ya next time.

Inlaw1
October 26th, 2001, 10:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jan haning:
I had to PEE, so I finally stopped in Bandera <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Hey, if ya gotta go, ya gotta go! smile.gif The only thing we ask riders in our group do is signal they are stopping and if they can, why. If someone just disappears then we *have* to go back and look in case it was trouble. If you pull up to the guy in front of you and wave bye bye, then we know you don't need assistance, which I'm sure you didn't tongue.gif. Although there might have been someone willing..... ;)
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jan haning:
and GARY (R1) said the group was going one way, which is where I headed and oops he was WRONG.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well, not exactly. He sat at the intersection of FM 470 and Hwy 16 waiting for you to come out of town. We watched you drive by us and keep going on Hwy 16.