PDA

View Full Version : Don't Mess With Texas...Sport Bike Association!

Inlaw1
March 9th, 2002, 12:48 PM
Thanks to everyone that came out and helped clean up our little stretch of road today! We had about 16 people come and pitch in today. It took less than 2 hours to cover the two miles we needed to clean and considering it had never been cleaned that's not bad! smile.gif

The next time should be a breeze since we already have the road clean. Remember, next month is the official Clean up Texas day and we need to be out there again. This time we will try and take bikes out as they will be coming around to take pictures. Since the road is cleaned now there shouldn't be much to get next month.

Thanks again to all who showed up! http://www.plauder-smilies.de/happy/bigok.gif

arpad
March 9th, 2002, 01:55 PM
Hey Gary!

What, exactly, does the sign say? I mean, does it say "TSBA-San Antonio" or some abbreviated version?

Arpad

P.S. I am comin' out next week (SMR) with the "954" or a Hayabusa, not sure yet.

Brad Orvis
March 9th, 2002, 02:04 PM
For those that want to know what the sign says...just come out next time and you'll be able to read it!!! smile.gif

Brad
01R1

Inlaw1
March 9th, 2002, 03:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brad Orvis:
just come out next time and you'll be able to read it!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>LOL!That's tellin em Brad!

Arpod: The Houston guys are coming out for a Sat. ride this next weekend. Since they are coming the Austin guys decided to join us, and the Killeen guys decided to join them! DFW decided to go to Ark. smile.gif, oh well.

Anyway, we have a mini IBI planned for Sat. Not sure if there will be much riding on Sun., so if you can be here Sat. morning it would be great! I'm pretty sure you have to work though :(. And is this 954 / Busa going to be your own personal bike? Or they actually letting you take another one! http://www.plauder-smilies.de/happy/bigok.gif

Inlaw1
March 9th, 2002, 03:53 PM
Oh yea, the sign say's

Texas Sport
Bike Association
SA-Chapter

zman
March 9th, 2002, 06:27 PM
It was a blast cleaning.

Found golf balls,wire mesh for our raditor covers,plenty of straws for those cold margs,enough tire tread to make some new tires.

I think we must have filled close to 20 bags of junk!!!!!

You tellem BIG BAD BRAD!!!!!!

houstonsportbikeriders
March 9th, 2002, 07:25 PM
Hats off to the San Antonio Chapter for providing an opportunity for your members to participate in such a good deed! Any pics?

Todd Hoffmaster
March 9th, 2002, 09:19 PM
I wanted to thank everyone for coming out to clean up the highway. We had a pretty good turn out, too. In all, we picked up 45 bags of trash. The best item found had to be Oscar's - he found a $100.00 check that was never cashed. Too bad it was since 1970.
Thanks again everyone :D

JJTX
March 10th, 2002, 05:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Todd H.:
In all, we picked up 45 bags of trash. The best item found had to be Oscar's - he found a $100.00 check that was never cashed. Too bad it was since 1970.
Thanks again everyone :D<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

......Man, talk about having a messed up checkbook eh? "****IT wheres that +100 coming from!!!"

Inlaw1
March 10th, 2002, 10:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HSR Dude:
Any pics?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Nope. No one brought a camera. :( Next month is the official Clean Up Texas day and we will get some pics on that day.

Big Dog
March 11th, 2002, 07:23 AM
Hey Guys,

Sorry I could not make it, I had my aunt and uncle visiting from Canada. I will make sure to make the next one.

Later

wardsweb
March 11th, 2002, 08:09 AM
http://www.tsba.org/san_antonio/images/155.jpg

BarryW
March 11th, 2002, 10:10 AM
Is anyone else's back sore from Saturday? I feel like I bent over 8 million times, must be gettin' old.

Inlaw1
March 11th, 2002, 10:38 AM
LOL!! Luther! That pic is the best!! http://www.plauder-smilies.de/happy/bigok.gif

Barry: Your not the only one getting old! I think we all felt some back pain. You know...when your 'talking' about doing the clean up, two miles doesn't sound like much! smile.gif

Todd Hoffmaster
March 11th, 2002, 11:21 AM
Miriam took the picture, but Luther doctored it up to what it should look like. Too bad my bike only does 20 under the speed limit :(

My back was sore, too.

Scott Farmer
March 11th, 2002, 11:39 AM
So did you get to pick your road or did they assign one to you? I think it would be pretty cool to do this in Houston if we could pick one of the roads we frequent.

arpad
March 11th, 2002, 12:33 PM
Gary:

Yes, he agreed to let me bring another one! VERY COOL, HUH?
The 954 is what I want, but I am in the process of selling my SV650 first, then permission from wife to include in budget, or no sex for two years, whichever comes first.
The "Busa" will be here tomorrow in-trade for my red "954" (which is due in tomorrow), so I could bring it (2000 model with M4 exhaust system, 5,000 miles on odometer) without stressing out owner of dealership. I will flip the proverbial "coin" on that one.

SATURDAY?

I still have'nt got that cleared. Sunday for sure. YOU KNOW I WANT TO PARTICIPATE IN SATURDAYS RIDE!

Arpad

JJTX
March 11th, 2002, 03:20 PM
Heh Thats pretty good pic. Wish we knew someone at DOT that could MAKE that sign smile.gif

Inlaw1
March 11th, 2002, 06:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Scott Farmer:
So did you get to pick your road or did they assign one to you?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>We didn't get to just pick what road and where we wanted to do it. Todd knows more as he's the one who headed it up.

We put in for the volunteer clean up and they ask a specific region / area. Once that is established TXDOT gave us three or four choices. This was the best one for us in our riding area, even though we rarely go down this stretch of road on our riding.

Todd could give you more details.