PDA

View Full Version : How about changin' the time for SMR's?

wonderdawg
March 20th, 2002, 11:44 AM
Anyone up for moving the ride times up to 8:00am on Sundays?

Meet between 7:30 and 7:45. Leave 8:00 sharp.

Beat a lot of traffic and get home sooner.

[ March 20, 2002, 11:46 AM: Message edited by: wonderdawg ]

kleblanc
March 20th, 2002, 01:12 PM
The earlier the better. I gots things to do.

wonderdawg
March 20th, 2002, 01:51 PM
It's been so long since we started the rides early, do we usually meet at 7:00am and leave around 7:30am in the summer?

Now I know I'm getting old. ;)

Big Dog
March 20th, 2002, 01:57 PM
Vote me in for the early departure! If it is cold either get electric's or stay home.

Later

Inlaw1
March 20th, 2002, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by wonderdawg:
do we usually meet at 7:00am and leave around 7:30am in the summer?Yes, but that's in the middle of summer. Not this time of year. We still have early morning deer to contend with along with low light and much cooler temps leaving that early at this stage.

Leaving by 0800-0815 should work into May, then the earliest start time. My .02

Todd Hoffmaster
March 20th, 2002, 03:34 PM
I really do like sleeping in, but I also like getting home before dark. 8am sounds good to me, too. That would have been a topic to bring up at the meeting ;)

Maybe we can change to electronic meetings, probably get more participation, ya' think? tongue.gif

JJTX
March 20th, 2002, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Todd H.:

Maybe we can change to electronic meetings, probably get more participation, ya' think? tongue.gif I had suggested an IRC chat server for the group, I have the channel all setup, and ready to go, but nobody expressed any intrest. :rolleyes:

www.mirc.com (http://www.mirc.com)

server: desolate.wasteland.org

Channel: #motorcycles

[ March 20, 2002, 04:17 PM: Message edited by: Joe-R1 ]

Inlaw1
March 20th, 2002, 06:03 PM
probably get more participation, ya' think? tongue.gif No. The weather helped keep folks away last night, it kept me away :( .

James Thomas
March 20th, 2002, 07:07 PM

Maybe we can change to electronic meetings, probably get more participation, ya' think? tongue.gif new baby and a new job.

no meetings, no specht's, no SMR's for a while. :(

wonderdawg
March 20th, 2002, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by James:

new baby and a new job.

no meetings, no specht's, no SMR's for a while. :Smart man! Congratulations on both. smile.gif

kleblanc
March 21st, 2002, 07:56 AM
I DONT KNOW, I SEE IT AS , YOU WILL NEED MUCH BALANCE NOW WITH THE STRESS OF A NEW JOB AND THE STRESS OF A NEW BABY, YOU WILL NEED( now more then ever) SMR AND SPECTS. HECK I THINK YOU SHOULD GO OUT AND BUY YOUSELF A NEW BIKE TO SELABRATE. MAYBE THERE IS A SECRET ABOUT THIS BALANCE THING I DO NOT KNOW ABOUT. USE YOUR HOBBIES AS A STRESS RELIEVER. IT WORKS FOR ME.

needforspeed2
March 21st, 2002, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by kleblanc:
I DONT KNOW, I SEE IT AS , YOU WILL NEED MUCH BALANCE NOW WITH THE STRESS OF A NEW JOB AND THE STRESS OF A NEW BABY, YOU WILL NEED( now more then ever) SMR AND SPECTS. HECK I THINK YOU SHOULD GO OUT AND BUY YOUSELF A NEW BIKE TO SELABRATE. MAYBE THERE IS A SECRET ABOUT THIS BALANCE THING I DO NOT KNOW ABOUT. USE YOUR HOBBIES AS A STRESS RELIEVER. IT WORKS FOR ME.I agree with Mr. Lleblanc, you will need the smr's now more than ever. smile.gif Having been through a major accident and having a new set of twins come home the day after I did from the hospital. Believe me when i say I can't f@$%&g wait until I can ride again. :D A new bike sounds good too smile.gif

bobby robbins
March 22nd, 2002, 03:46 PM
Con Grats!!! To you and the wife! Take your time. We want to stay in good favor with the wife.
We'll see you when you get back.