PDA

View Full Version : Easter Ride



Ed Torrez
April 1st, 2002, 12:33 AM
Awesome day out in the hill country.I clocked about 300 miles today. I ran the twisties on 337 to leakey 4 times and I got to meet DPS Officer Sanchez (a$$) he gives no breaks not even on EASTER. Also ran into 3 BUELLS from AUSTIN on the 337 twisties, one of the riders wipied out on 337 we pulled the bike off the road and called him a ride back home BTW he was alright can't say the same for the BUELL. All in all it was an awesome day, lots of good practice.. :D :cool: :D ;)

JJTX
April 1st, 2002, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by rc50one:
Awesome day out in the hill country.I clocked about 300 miles today. I ran the twisties on 337 to leakey 4 times and I got to meet DPS Officer Sanchez (a$$) he gives no breaks not even on EASTER. Also ran into 3 BUELLS from AUSTIN on the 337 twisties, one of the riders wipied out on 337 we pulled the bike off the road and called him a ride back home BTW he was alright can't say the same for the BUELL. All in all it was an awesome day, lots of good practice.. :D :cool: :D ;) Haha ****, You know what... We need TSBA stickers or something for our helmets.. I was there, the guy with the blue R1 :D I was .5sec behind that guy when he went down. Went in WAY to hot on that corner, rocks or not! Previously, they wizzed by me at 100mph, and I was cookin along good at 80, caught back up with them at the 2nd leg of 337, and, well 'crunch', lucky he didnt hit that guardrail. Somehow the guys back wheel got locked, and it was in 'N', so me and the other guy had to hop the bike over to the side of the road...**** those things are heavy!! smile.gif Messed it up real good, was leaking oil, and the rear rim was bent. Luckly he had descent riding gear on, messed up his jacket and helmet good. I rode on to leaky noticing the DPS guy you mentioned heading up the hill( THANKS!!! ), and snagged a pepsi and brought it back for the guy... DPS was making out the report. BS'ed a few, and then went on my way. Cell reception really sucks out there! My phone didnt have signal at all.

I knew you looked familiar, but couldn't place you at the time... I've seen those two guys out before. I normally run out that-a-way at around 11:30ish on sunday, since I cant make the SMRs, if you wanna ride out together sometime, let me know.

[ April 01, 2002, 02:58 AM: Message edited by: Joe-R1 ]

Ed Torrez
April 1st, 2002, 03:21 AM
Sounds good to me go to my profile and email next time you go riding. :cool:

Todd Hoffmaster
April 1st, 2002, 11:53 AM
I guess that leaving from Helotes at 9am wasn't a good time for you.
I sat there for about 20 minutes. I didn't see any sportbikes until later on in the day. But I didn't go to Leakey by myself.
I saw a blue R1 later in the day on 16 heading out to Bandera. Did anyone get caught by the DPS truck on 16? He also went over to 211 to catch speeders, the V1 saved me 3 times from that guy.

I really wanted to go for a long ride but didn't feel like heading up to Leakey alone.

So I quit..... Find another President, I'm selling the bike and getting back into 4 wheeling. I'm moving away from San Antonio, too.

JJTX
April 1st, 2002, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Todd H.:
I guess that leaving from Helotes at 9am wasn't a good time for you.
I sat there for about 20 minutes. I didn't see any sportbikes until later on in the day. But I didn't go to Leakey by myself.
I saw a blue R1 later in the day on 16 heading out to Bandera. Did anyone get caught by the DPS truck on 16? He also went over to 211 to catch speeders, the V1 saved me 3 times from that guy.

I really wanted to go for a long ride but didn't feel like heading up to Leakey alone.

So I quit..... Find another President, I'm selling the bike and getting back into 4 wheeling. I'm moving away from San Antonio, too.Heh you aint quitting anything, ya lyin sac'.

That was me on the R1, I saw you, and waived! smile.gif I was hoping you would turn around, i Knew it was you. For some reason, I dont see many sv650s. I didnt see any policea untill 337 after the buelcrash, and that was a car.

JJTX
April 1st, 2002, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by rc50one:
Sounds good to me go to my profile and email next time you go riding. :cool: Will do, most of the time, its sunday, I head out at around 11 or 11:30. I need to put my tires on this weekend though, if possible, so I'll prolly go for a ride later next sun and scuff them in a bit.

Todd Hoffmaster
April 1st, 2002, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Joe-R1:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Todd H.:
Heh you aint quitting anything, ya lyin sac'.

That was me on the R1, I saw you, and waived! smile.gif I was hoping you would turn around, i Knew it was you. For some reason, I dont see many sv650s. I didnt see any policea untill 337 after the buelcrash, and that was a car.</font>[/QUOTE]Ok, fine I'll stay. Yep, April Fools....

I thought about turning around but, that was my 2nd time out looking for people to play with.

You probably passed the DPS and didn't even know that it was a real cop car/truck. It was a 1/2 ton Dodge extended cab truck. I don't know if any of the bikes would stop for him if he did hit the lights.

Todd Hoffmaster
April 1st, 2002, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by rc50one:
I ran the twisties on 337 to leakey 4 times and I got to meet DPS Officer Sanchez (a$$) he gives no breaks not even on EASTER. ;) Get real, Sanchez doesn't give anyone a break. Not even his old babysitter from when he was little. She told me that he even gave her daughters a ticket, too. Leakey doesn't like him very much.
PS. don't fight it. You will lose to him and the card table courtroom judge. I know :eek: :mad:

Ed Torrez
April 1st, 2002, 01:02 PM
Todd I was hoping to run into you out there, I didn't get to helotes till about 10:30 I didn't see any sportbikes at the station so I left.. BTW sure you're quiting, riding is to much in your blood to give up two wheel freedom for the rolling cages... :( :D ;)

Ed Torrez
April 1st, 2002, 01:06 PM
Todd I am going to give it to a lawyer friend of mine and see what he can do with it... ;)

Inlaw1
April 1st, 2002, 01:54 PM
Three TSBAer's got ticket's leaving Leaky on that big group ride we did a couple weeks ago. It wasn't from Sanchez, but another DPS or County LEO. He got the local JP to give him Defensive driving. Might be worth a try if your eligible.

mgtx73
April 1st, 2002, 04:44 PM
Question about Sanchez and the rest of the DPS dudes out there. Does he always sit in the same spot right outside of Leakey just east of the town? Or does he sit at the tops of the hills too where you have room to pullover (like maybe the rest areas)? Just curious. Might need to get me a V1 if he's sneaky. I'll be going out that way on Saturday morning to Garner for the weekend.

Mike

[ April 01, 2002, 04:45 PM: Message edited by: Mike Goodman ]

Ed Torrez
April 1st, 2002, 04:56 PM
Thanks Gary, that might a less expensive route friends or not lawyers aren't free or cheap.. :D

JJTX
April 1st, 2002, 07:45 PM
QUOTE]Ok, fine I'll stay. Yep, April Fools....

I thought about turning around but, that was my 2nd time out looking for people to play with.

You probably passed the DPS and didn't even know that it was a real cop car/truck. It was a 1/2 ton Dodge extended cab truck. I don't know if any of the bikes would stop for him if he did hit the lights.[/QB][/QUOTE]

I didnt see him then. I saw plenty of trucks. I didnt really slow down untill RC said something about the DPS guy down near leaky, so I prolly wizzed on by and didnt notice the truck. I need a radar detector setup, if they are going to be patrolling that road.. I cant afford any speeding tickets that I cant get adjudicated. My INS rates are high enough.

Todd Hoffmaster
April 1st, 2002, 09:43 PM
The DPS officer usually sits at the bottom of the second mountain under a tree on the left hand side of the road. Sometimes you will catch him between Leakey and Campwood. I have also passed him at the Texaroma factory coming into town. There is a DPS truck that will occasionally cruise over the mountain passes and then circle on over to Utopia and then back to Leakey. The locals are real helpful at telling you if they are out. They (3 separate vehicles)told us about the roadblock the day the 3 riders got pulled over, when we were fueling up at the Exxon station. Radar detectors or speed limit - your choice.

Inlaw1
April 1st, 2002, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Mike Goodman:
Does he always sit in the same spot right outside of Leakey just east of the town?He likes to sit on FM 337 in the valley between the two hills in between Vanderpool and Leaky. On your way from Vanderpool to Leaky he would be on the left under a tree looking right at you as you come around the last right hand sweeper into the valley. Perfect spot as he can hear you coming from way up the hill and a perfect shot of you as you exit what is a fairly high speed corner, compared to most of the curves up there. But can also be found elsewhere like Todd outlined.

Niether one of the guys that were writing tickets the day of the big chapter ride were Sanchez.

JJTX
April 3rd, 2002, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by Gary Stoops:
[QUOTE]
Niether one of the guys that were writing tickets the day of the big chapter ride were Sanchez.I might be looking into a cheap radar detector for the bike. Maybe it will save me a ticket or two, I know i cant afford any tickets. I've been backing off on the speed lately, except for a few of the good corners. Just humming up 16 at 15-20 over all the time is going to catch up with ya!

[ April 03, 2002, 02:49 PM: Message edited by: Joe-R1 ]