PDA

View Full Version : bun burner 500

R1John03
September 21st, 2006, 09:45 PM
It has been thrown around that some of the guys want to take a 500 mile ride. I guess if anyone wants to throw in some dates that we can go.

Brad Felmey
September 21st, 2006, 10:55 PM
I think the rest of the state could do one of those and still not make it all the way down to RGV-land. :D

StexFJR
September 23rd, 2006, 08:59 AM
Rode from Pensacola to McAllen yesterday, my buns are burning. Had a great time in the Smokies. Ride report forthcoming soon. My Dad crashed on the Cherahola Skyway. 3 broken ribs and his Wing trashed on the left side, however it was good enough to ride to his home in Pensacola.

Inlaw1
September 23rd, 2006, 10:10 AM
Ouch! Sorry to hear that Dewayne. Hope he heals up quickly. Ribs are a pain in the... well, ribs!

Looking forward to a ride report and hopefully pics!

R1John03
September 25th, 2006, 08:02 PM
I think the rest of the state could do one of those and still not make it all the way down to RGV-land. :D

Very true, I think San Antonio would only be able to make it down and then back up, I'm pretty sure we will go over the whole 500 miles. We were just trying to come up for a reason to get out of the valley to hit some curvier roads. Probably up to Leakey again.

Sorry to hear that Dewayne I hope your dad is doing better.

edyama
September 26th, 2006, 10:30 PM
ya that's a bum deal about your dad Dewayne. I hope he's doing better.
on a other note I finally put a two brothers can on the bike. sounds loud but grate performance. :happyrider:

R1John03
September 30th, 2006, 12:15 AM
Date set for the bun burner, Oct 8, we plan on leaving early. just get with me if you need info.

edyama
September 30th, 2006, 12:43 AM
have u decided where what wrought are we going?

alfredoconde
September 30th, 2006, 07:44 AM
thats a good day john.. my bike should be 100 percent by that day, parts, licence, insurance, etc... i say we go to victoria route and stop at nanny's fot kolaches and some soup.. what do you think guys?

Carl K.
October 1st, 2006, 12:59 PM
Are y'all going to make it up to Leakey? If so, some of the SA group may want to link up.

R1John03
October 2nd, 2006, 12:27 AM
Not sure need to run it by the guys, I will let you guys know. If we did we probably wouldn't be there till a little later.

edyama
October 2nd, 2006, 09:04 PM
Iam not sure what John has instore for us. thats where i wanted to go but he's the prez. soooo follow the leader. :D :p

BigRoach
October 3rd, 2006, 08:51 AM
Are you guys actually gonna do a documented, Iron Butt sanctioned ride, following all the rules, and what not? I always wanted to do that just so I could say I did. Most of the time when I'm riding long distances though, I like to take my zweet azz time.

mtr6
October 4th, 2006, 11:36 AM
hey guys sorry i haven't been here too much but i've been working a little too much than what i usually like to work, anyways well what time are we planning to take off on sunday?? and can other riders go too or is it members only?? :happyrider:

R1John03
October 4th, 2006, 07:46 PM
OK we are meeting at 6:30, and leaving at 7:00 sharp. Location corner of Monte Christo and Business 281 (Closner) at the new Chevron. Gas is at $1.99.

edyama
October 4th, 2006, 08:10 PM
Well john i think going to Victoria will be a awesome ride. So, the term to (grandmother's house we go)would be proper? I can't wait to eat some good home cooked food..Lets ride..:happyrider:

edyama
October 4th, 2006, 08:26 PM
Marcos i don't think that would be a problem.

mtr6
October 5th, 2006, 02:29 PM
hey guys i was checking up on the weather for sunday and it seems like we got some t-storms starting from sat. all the way thru monday. we might start thinking about doing it some other day??:(

edyama
October 5th, 2006, 10:00 PM
I think we are going to play it by ear. and the weather is going to be good in Victoria. But, hay no worries i don't think a little water will hurt..

mtr6
October 6th, 2006, 12:54 PM
hey eddie i dont think it's only a little water, it's more like " i need my waverunner to get outta my hood" kinda water. I'm ok by taking off if its there is no rain and it catches us on the road but im not ok if its raining by the time we plan to leave and i think john is with me on that one, right me fearless leader??

alfredoconde
October 6th, 2006, 06:19 PM
i agree with marco.. but im also doubting im going to try to get the insurance tomorrow, my plate and inspection are expired also.. maybe is good if we postpone, that will giveme more time to put blinkers on the bike also.. letme know if possible .. laters..

R1John03
October 6th, 2006, 10:34 PM
I'm with you Marcos, but I was thinking that if it is a slight drizzle I will take off, Because I hate to leave my grandmother cooking for us and we not show up, she is making Kolaches for us. The weather there is suppose to be good so I say we go anyway unless we have lgithning and everything else, but I won't be able to make any other trips until after December.

mtr6
October 7th, 2006, 10:05 AM
i guess we can do that, i would hate to leave your gma hanging waiting for us. well anyways let me know what the deal is please.

R1John03
October 8th, 2006, 07:00 PM
Well it was a fun trip, we had Eddie, Alfredo, Marco, and myself. We left at 7:30 a little later than planned. I showed the guys my neck of the woods. A little more curves up in that area than down here. I guess we need to try and go up again, but I think we should trailor them up and then ride around for the day over there.

mtr6
October 10th, 2006, 10:50 AM
i have to give you the props, for that ride john. i really enjoyed the country roads and curves, it was one hell of a ride but i can still feel it on my neck, shoulders and palms. weekend seemed i little shorter too since i spend all day laying on my bed all day sunday.. :applause:

R1John03
October 10th, 2006, 09:24 PM
i have to give you the props, for that ride john. i really enjoyed the country roads and curves, it was one hell of a ride but i can still feel it on my neck, shoulders and palms. weekend seemed i little shorter too since i spend all day laying on my bed all day sunday.. :applause:

Imagine if you would have done the 1,000 mile ride. I feel good right now except the allergy attack I had today.

edyama
October 10th, 2006, 10:59 PM
Hay John , I guess the question is when are we going to have another ride like that? The weather and the ride was awesome not to mention your grandmother's cooking. Iam looking foward for the next one and I hope the other guys can make it next time. :happyrider:

BigRoach
October 11th, 2006, 04:48 PM
Are you guys actually gonna do a documented, Iron Butt sanctioned ride, following all the rules, and what not? I always wanted to do that just so I could say I did. Most of the time when I'm riding long distances though, I like to take my zweet azz time.

Ok, nevermind guys.:(