PDA

View Full Version : F/S: BFG Technologies (NVIDIA) GeForce FX 5900 Ultra

-=sean)=-
November 16th, 2006, 10:14 PM
Used video card, which I've just upgraded. Bottom tier gaming card at this point. Read all about it here: http://www.nvidia.com/page/fx_5700.html. The card supports an AGPx8 slot and requires a free (full 4-pin) power connector. I still have the install booklet and driver disk, but you'll want to download drivers directly from NVidia. I also have a DVI-I connector, if you need it. $65 Send PM, if interested.

scout
November 17th, 2006, 09:31 AM
huh?

-=sean)=-
November 17th, 2006, 11:24 AM
huh?
Don't worry, it's not something you can kill people with, so you wouldn't be interested. :p j/k It's a video card. The thing that draws pictures on a monitor.. In this case, it'll draw pictures at 20481536 @ 85Hz resolution, assuming your monitor can support that.

ZedX
November 17th, 2006, 11:45 AM
...and taken! just need to crack my case to verify slot.

ZedX
December 26th, 2006, 10:24 AM
Back from repair. Replaced with: http://www.bfgtech.com/6800GTOC.html

not too shabby! Highly reconmend BFG's tech support and service.

-=sean)=-
December 26th, 2006, 10:45 AM
Back from repair. Replaced with: http://www.bfgtech.com/6800GTOC.html

not too shabby! Highly reconmend BFG's tech support and service.
Err, wait a minute, the price goes up for that card.. :p

BTW, BFG Technologies caters well to gamers. ;)

ZedX
December 26th, 2006, 10:52 AM

ya... the $8 I spent to ship out the broken card you sold me! :p :D

-=sean)=-
December 26th, 2006, 10:57 AM

Ok, I'll give you an $8 discount off the final price.. :mischief:

ZedX
December 26th, 2006, 11:04 AM

You're a hard man ta bargain with! :cool:

btw- card is working well. Don't see much difference over my old 64meg card, but a big difference over the onboard video. Of cource I'm just watching movies and surfing. Maybe one day I'll play one of those games things...;)

Main thing is my system is ready to install Vista now. Woot!

-=sean)=-
December 26th, 2006, 05:52 PM

You're a hard man ta bargain with! :cool:

btw- card is working well. Don't see much difference over my old 64meg card, but a big difference over the onboard video. Of cource I'm just watching movies and surfing. Maybe one day I'll play one of those games things...;)

Try rendering volumetric lighting, detailed shadow, reflection, or filters with that old 64mb card. ;)

ZedX
December 26th, 2006, 07:01 PM
Try rendering volumetric lighting, detailed shadow, reflection, or filters with that old 64mb card. ;)[/quote]

errrrrr... whatever. Now if I can just figure how to expand my desktop across two monitors w/o actually expanding the desktop (task bar only on one screen).. the old 64mb card did it... :p

143LRSD
December 26th, 2006, 09:47 PM
Try rendering volumetric lighting, detailed shadow, reflection, or filters with that old 64mb card. ;)

errrrrr... whatever. Now if I can just figure how to expand my desktop across two monitors w/o actually expanding the desktop (task bar only on one screen).. the old 64mb card did it... :p[/quote]

You two need to get out more...

Roseknight
December 28th, 2006, 10:34 AM
multiple moniters is so you can get more done at once.. and thus.. get out more..

ZedX
December 28th, 2006, 11:02 AM
multiple moniters is so you can get more done at once.. and thus.. get out more..

not quite... it's so my...errrrrrrrr.... "videos" can play on one screen, while I PW on the other. Just installed some swazzy voice command software. ...no more messy keyboard issues.... oppps... outside voice... :cool:

ZedX
December 28th, 2006, 11:12 AM

and thanks for the bumb... it made me revisit the "problem". Amazing thing that help button is. The answer was just a few clicks away. :cool: