PDA

View Full Version : Austin Movie Day

CarlT
January 30th, 2007, 11:31 AM
Hola John & gang. If you guys would like to try and make the Austin Chapter's movie day on February 24th, we could help you out on Friday night with some arrangements. I talked with Ivan and we both have garages for your bikes and I have an extra bedroom and a couch available. You could make it back home late that night or stay over until Sunday (I leave for work on Sunday around 8:00 am though). It would make the trip more economical for ya'll.

As far as riding goes, it won't be anything like the Hill Country but you'll get a chance to meet some other members and watch a good movie. Of course, you could also stay over and make a SMR with the SA folks and really have a great weekend.

Just tossing out an offer....

janielee
January 30th, 2007, 02:22 PM
Thanks Carl, I will bring it up to John and see what we can all do about getting up there if everyone schedule allows. Thanks for the offer.
Janie

Inlaw1
January 30th, 2007, 02:42 PM
If you guys stay over till Sunday we could always take you out for some Hill Country riding before you head south for home. :)

R1John03
January 31st, 2007, 09:36 AM
That sounds great, let me see if I can take off work Saturday. Not sure though, but in case I can't make it, thanks for the offer, it sounds very fun. Plus it would be a chance to meet up with some of the other members.

Chirpy
February 1st, 2007, 04:11 PM
$2 drink and popcorn special that day. Compared to regular prices, that's enough to pay for the trip! ;-)

R1John03
February 1st, 2007, 07:55 PM
I found out that I have a wedding out of town, but we are also having an early birthday for my grandmother. It seems things just seem to pop up, but I would really like to make it to one of the IBI probably San Antonio, but if you guys find out soon when you will have it I can put it down on my calendar quick, for me I have to give at least 6 months notice. Sometimes even more depending on the season.

jamesgranberry
February 13th, 2007, 01:14 AM
Hi John and Janie, sorry to hear you wont be making it up. Are there others in your group that will be coming? I'm just trying to get a seat count.

Chirpy
February 13th, 2007, 08:55 AM
Horsefeathers, you don't want a seat count, you just want Janie to come up because the Austin Treasurer is so ugly!

jamesgranberry
February 13th, 2007, 11:10 AM
Aaahhhhh... it would be nice.. but I'd really like to see all of the group. ;)

I know how those pop-up events happen too. I feel yah John.

Daryl, I haven't noticed you are ugly, I try not to look at you that much. :p

R1John03
February 14th, 2007, 09:24 AM
I don't think any of the guys are going to be able to make it up there. I think they all had previous engagements. Some had to work as well.

jamesgranberry
February 14th, 2007, 01:36 PM
Sorry to hear that but I know this thing about having to work. I had to plan this one day off 1 & 1/2 months ahead of time just to make sure I had it off.

Hope we all can hook up sometime this summer.

R1John03
February 15th, 2007, 01:10 PM
Hope we all can hook up sometime this summer.

Sounds like a plan, I guess we will see how the weeks follow.