PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning out the closet....

NathanH
February 11th, 2007, 08:47 PM
Working at MotoLiberty has the obvious perk of sampling the gear collection. So, I have a few things in my closet that I really should clear out.

Joe Rocket Phoenix Pants - Black, size XL (tag says 36-38 and that should be pretty spot on). These are the mesh pants (no liner) with reinforced knees and seat, dual density armor in the knees, and foam pads in the hips. Have two zippered front pockets, and 2/3 length zippers that zip open to almost mid-thigh, and the 8" jacket attachment zipper. They are NOT marked tall, but I often require tall sized stuff and these worked for me. So, I would say average to tall will fit well, but short inseams won't. Condition is very good and I just washed them, so they are ready for a new owner. Price: $35
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/nathanvf1000f/JRPhoenixPantsFront.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/nathanvf1000f/JRPhoenixPantsBack.jpg

Joe Rocket Phoenix Jacket - Silver and black, size XL. This was an early model (first or 2.0, don't recall which) that didn't have a liner. Dual density armor in shoulders, elbows, and back, with extra sewn in padding in the critical areas. Fits a little bigger than the current crop of JR stuff has been fitting, so XL will fit about a 46-48 chest (maybe 190-230lbs?). This jacket was somewhat heavily worn, but I was shocked how nice it turned out after washing. Aside from being slightly dingy around the collar, it could almost pass for new. Price $30.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/nathanvf1000f/JRPhoenixJacketFront.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/nathanvf1000f/JRPhoenixJacketBack.jpg

AGV Sport Leather jacket - Gunmetal/black, size 60 Euro/50 US. This was my go-to jacket for several seasons, so it is well broken in. But, it never went down. Has a couple of scuffs on the rolled seams from normal use and in/out of the closet. Leather is well worn, though that just makes it nice and soft (and makes it look like you ride a lot...um...maybe I need to keep it :D ). Has a removeable, lightly quilted, windstop vest liner, and decent perforation through the torso (and breathable stretch kevlar panels down the arms). Decent dual density armor in the shoulders and elbows, but only a light back pad. Fit is like a pure sport jacket should be, precurved sleeves, and fitted through the torso. Size is probably between a 60/50 and a 58/48. It, um, USED to be a little big on me through the middle (dangit), so should accomodate about 210-245lbs. Good jacket, but started to get a little dated, so $45 should cover it.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/nathanvf1000f/AGVJacketFront.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/nathanvf1000f/AGVJacketBack.jpg

Lastly, I have a BIG box of all my nineties and early 2000s motorcycle magazines. Seriously, it's a heavy beotch. This covers about probably six+ years worth of Cycle World, Sport Rider and some misc Euro and American mags. I really planned on keeping these until "someday", but well, those that know my wife will understand why they are going. These I will give free to anyone who will truly appreciate them. It's a helluva collection.

windsor
February 11th, 2007, 10:35 PM
I'll take the britches off of your hands. You going to be at the meeting on the 13th?

KevLar
February 12th, 2007, 12:01 AM
AGV Sport Leather jacket - Gunmetal/black, size 60 Euro/50 US. This was my go-to jacket for several seasons, so it is well broken in. But, it never went down. Has a couple of scuffs on the rolled seams from normal use and in/out of the closet. Leather is well worn, though that just makes it nice and soft (and makes it look like you ride a lot...um...maybe I need to keep it :D ). Has a removeable, lightly quilted, windstop vest liner, and decent perforation through the torso (and breathable stretch kevlar panels down the arms). Decent dual density armor in the shoulders and elbows, but only a light back pad. Fit is like a pure sport jacket should be, precurved sleeves, and fitted through the torso. Size is probably between a 60/50 and a 58/48. It, um, USED to be a little big on me through the middle (dangit), so should accomodate about 210-245lbs. Good jacket, but started to get a little dated, so $45 should cover it.

I'll take it if you can ship it to me. I pay just send me a total via PayPal if you like or I can send a check. PM me.

NathanH
February 12th, 2007, 12:11 AM
Sure, Rob, I can drop it off at the meeting.

No problem shipping Kevin. I'll shoot you a PM.

Roseknight
February 13th, 2007, 11:56 AM
I'd be intrested in the mags... Probably get myself in trouble saving you from trouble but....

ZedX
February 13th, 2007, 12:19 PM
I really planned on keeping these until "someday", but well, those that know my wife will understand why they are going.

Thank you sir. This quote is going in my log for reference anytime I start to get the itch to not be single. :p

Roseknight
February 13th, 2007, 04:25 PM
I really planned on keeping these until "someday", but well, those that know my wife will understand why they are going.

Thank you sir. This quote is going in my log for reference anytime I start to get the itch to not be single. :p
the wife has enough sense to not let you be a packrat?

Hood Ornament
February 13th, 2007, 05:50 PM
Well, since you've cleaned out closet space, can i store some stuff there? :D

NathanH
February 13th, 2007, 06:46 PM
OK, Mitch, the magazines are yours. I'll bring them up to the shop on Thursday and you can pick them up whenever you want.

Michael, she made me clean out the magazines, but she talked me into buying my dream Ducati, too. And she looks good doing either. Besides, she doesn't comment on most of my junk. It's just that 50lbs worth of old magazines (that she correctly realizes I'll probably never go back and read) are not what I need to hang onto now. It's a decent tradeoff.

Albie, I've told you a dozen times. I want nothing to do with disposing of those dead bodies for you.

That leaves just the Phoenix Jacket. Anybody?

Weezie
February 23rd, 2007, 06:12 PM
Interested in your jacket. Still available. I'm in San Antonio. Email me at aguirrl1019@yahoo.com

Thanks, Luis