PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Looking for a street (track?) bike ~$2500

Mike N
March 6th, 2007, 09:08 PM
Friend of mine is looking for something streetable... could be a track bike if he could convert it back to street through some work. Budget is limited to around $2500.

Lemme know if you have anything or know of anything... Thanks!

BlackWidow
March 7th, 2007, 02:36 AM
My SV650R should be up for sale soon..

but converting it back to street would be a major PITA..

I'll let you know more..

tiller
March 7th, 2007, 01:00 PM
My SV650R should be up for sale soon..

but converting it back to street would be a major PITA..

I'll let you know more..

HMMMMMMMMMM...looking to be back in Texas in early June.
Will be looking for a track bike in the $2,500/$3000.

I am going to sell my DRZ-S and use that $$$ to buy a track bike.

Laters
Nutt

cuda_06
March 7th, 2007, 03:46 PM
How about a 98 TL1000S? It is pretty highly customized right now and with all the extras the selling price is 4240 but returned completely to stock it will go for 2800. A guy I know up in gruver is selling it. It even comes with a monster car can!

http://www.photoartclub.net/tlforsale/tl1.JPG

Jus10
March 7th, 2007, 03:54 PM
thats pretty wild cuda!

Mike N
March 7th, 2007, 04:10 PM
How about a 98 TL1000S? It is pretty highly customized right now and with all the extras the selling price is 4240 but returned completely to stock it will go for 2800. A guy I know up in gruver is selling it. It even comes with a monster car can!

So what constitutes the $1200+ price difference? What is the condition of it with stock parts, and how many miles are on it?

cuda_06
March 7th, 2007, 05:42 PM
This is what I know.

27,000 miles

Single side swingarm kit with Sachs shock (Ducati SB Ohlins/Showa/aftermarket/etc are direct bolt-ons)
Woodcraft R rearsets
Ohlins Steering Damper
Stainless lines front and back
Brembo rear caliper (currently being rebuilt)
LP keyless tank cap
6-pots and a 5/8 master
TL1000R velocity stacks
TRE
K&N filter
TL1000R Forks
New RK gold 520 chain
New 16t front sprocket (2000 miles on real steel)

...there's more, I know, but I can't remember everything at the moment. I'll update later.

Issues:

New paint but I didn't get the prep and work time in the shop I needed and there are a number of blemishes. I will have more time to do this work in the fall/winter so if sold I will be willing to repaint everything free of charge.

Left fork seal is leaking. Not badly, but noticeable. New seals included

Valve covers leak. New gaskets included.

Mismatched tires. Front bridgestone had some life left but the rear was wearing...picked up a Michelin macadam for cheap so that's what's on it.

The bike runs hard and fast. She handles great. She's exactly what I wanted her to be, but it'd be better to let her go if I can get the right dollar amount.

I WILL SHIP THIS BIKE

As far as what constitues returning it to stock and what condition those parts are in...I don't know. I have never seen the bike with the stock parts on it. Off the top of my head I would say that the single sided swingarm would be first to go but I can't really answer for him. I will try to find out though.

cuda_06
March 7th, 2007, 06:45 PM
Ok, it seems that he is sort of wavering on the whole returning to stock for 2800 thing now. I'm not sure really what he wants to do there. However he did just put it up on ebay with as is. Here is a link to more pics and such from another forum.

http://gstwins.com/gsboard/index.php?topic=33624.0

Dmpc_TT
March 10th, 2007, 11:50 AM
Friend of mine is looking for something streetable... could be a track bike if he could convert it back to street through some work. Budget is limited to around $2500.

Lemme know if you have anything or know of anything... Thanks!

I have gone the salvage route 2 times. Never had any issues that were not caused by someone else after the sale. This bike looks like a decent deal and a definite SLED supreme. If I was still shopping I would be taking a look at this ole beast. Low miles and an easy fix. Left fairing and rear sub fairining and looks like you would be ready to take on the IBI of your choice. The guy seems like he is willing to help get it back on the road too.

http://dallas.craigslist.org/mcy/291583387.html