PDA

View Full Version : Darn dogs

R1John03
March 30th, 2007, 12:11 PM
We went out last night to get some tacos. On my way back home put some gas in the bike. I was about 4 blocks from my house and a dog shot out in front of me and I hit head on. Busted a brake line and put a hole in the side of my faring. Hopefully my paint won't start pealing I washed off before I put it up. I was a mix between german shepard and something else probably husky, but not as big, butbig enough to sit me on the tank. I think it did a flip because I have scratches on my tail section.

Brad Felmey
March 30th, 2007, 12:21 PM
That's a source of frustration to me. Folks who let their dogs wander about, causing damage to others' vehicles and possibly leading to their injury.

The last time I hit a dog with my car, the owner came running out of his house twirling a baseball bat. If the dog meant that much to him, why was it not restrained? Naturally, I got to eat the repair costs. :rolleyes:

KevLar
March 30th, 2007, 02:06 PM
Just craziness. I remember my first ride in Texas, dang dog tried to bite my leg.

-=sean)=-
March 30th, 2007, 02:37 PM
The last time I hit a dog with my car, the owner came running out of his house twirling a baseball bat.
Did you shoot him in the knee caps, then take his baseball bat and "tenderize" him with it? (I'm assuming it's a he, since women would have more sense. :rolleyes:) :) Wasn't Mitch saying something about take people's weapons and using them against said people? :mischief:

John, glad to hear you weren't hurt. If the dog had tags, track down the owner and make him pay for the damages.

MaseK12rs
March 30th, 2007, 02:41 PM
Sorry to hear about your incident John. But just in case if you dont know, the Yamaha dealer has a red 2007 R1 on the show floor with a blue and red R6 as well. My bike too has its problems. It is in the shop and problalbly wont be ready till next week or more. Hope to see your bike back in action soon.

scout
March 30th, 2007, 04:42 PM
[quote=Brad Felmey]The last time I hit a dog with my car, the owner came running out of his house twirling a baseball bat.
Did you shoot him in the knee caps, then take his baseball bat and "tenderize" him with it? (I'm assuming it's a he, since women would have more sense. :rolleyes:) :wtf: Sean you get two mintues to print a retraction or you will never get your Man card back

-=sean)=-
March 30th, 2007, 07:52 PM
Sean you get two mintues to print a retraction or you will never get your Man card back
I meant pound the crap out of him with the bat. Not what you were thinking.. :rolleyes:

Wenkster
March 30th, 2007, 08:47 PM
Dogs...that brings back some memories. I was driving to work back in Wisconsin one night and hit a huge black lab. The dog took out the front of my 1980 Monte Carlo. Long story short, the owner of the dog had to pay for the damage to my car. My friend, who is a lawyer, sent the dog owner's homeowners insurance company a letter and they forked over the cash... felt sorry for the dog. But like someone said, if they really cared about the dog they should take care of it. FYI - The owner's homeowners insurance will cover the cost of repairs to your bike.

R1John03
April 1st, 2007, 11:55 PM
I went back to the dog it didn't have any tags, so I guess I am out of luck in fact the dog had been picked up early in the morning so who knows who's dog it was.

scout
April 2nd, 2007, 01:59 AM
Sean you get two mintues to print a retraction or you will never get your Man card back
I meant pound the crap out of him with the bat. Not what you were thinking.. :rolleyes:

I ment the "woman have more sense than men" comment are you crazy even if there was a chance of it being correct (which it isnt) you never ever say it out loud...geesh....

I was suprised all the deferent things a homeowners policy covered

-=sean)=-
April 2nd, 2007, 12:13 PM
I ment the "woman have more sense than men" comment are you crazy even if there was a chance of it being correct (which it isnt) you never ever say it out loud...geesh....
OOoooooh..

BTW, sorry John about the thread-jack. :o

Dmpc_TT
April 2nd, 2007, 04:42 PM
I went back to the dog it didn't have any tags, so I guess I am out of luck in fact the dog had been picked up early in the morning so who knows who's dog it was.

**** the luck

R1John03
April 3rd, 2007, 12:44 AM
OOoooooh..

BTW, sorry John about the thread-jack. :o

Don't worry about it.