PDA

View Full Version : Michelin 190/50ZR17 for sale

KOCook
April 1st, 2007, 11:12 PM
I have a Michelin Pilot Power 190/50ZR for sale. It is new, unused. Cycle Gear lists for $159.95, asking $135. Bought it, then switched to PP2CT. Can bring it to TWS on 04/07/07 or 04/13/07.

F1
April 2nd, 2007, 01:17 AM
If I were you I'd use it. The 2CT's are good for the first few heat cycles then go fast whereas the regulars wear and grip more predictable.

bjhughes
April 2nd, 2007, 07:41 AM
+1 Faisal...I tried the CT's on my ZX10...hate'em. Going back to regular Pilot Powers. After the first few heat cycles, they are just too slippery.

Travis H
April 2nd, 2007, 09:01 AM
+1 Faisal...I tried the CT's on my ZX10...hate'em. Going back to regular Pilot Powers. After the first few heat cycles, they are just too slippery.
love em'

bjhughes
April 2nd, 2007, 09:14 AM
Travis...I stand corrected...they are just fine at low speed :na-na:

Dial it up on some AR roads and you'll change your mind.

Travis H
April 2nd, 2007, 09:56 AM
Travis...I stand corrected...they are just fine at low speed :na-na:

Dial it up on some AR roads and you'll change your mind.
Seriously, you guys are way to fast for me,I've already made a very thought out decision not to be trying to keep up with you's guys up there on roads that I have never ridden, however, I will be taking note on the 2tc's at the track. I have not noticed and slidding yet, but it may become apparent at the track, and I do trust you guys opinions more than you think.I guess, in the name of saving a few bucks, I tried them trying to get a little more mileage out of them. That seems to be working since I commute on both of my bikes(slower riding) but I don't know if it is getting my that much more mileage really.Anyway, still much better than the Qualifiers that came on the bike.

2WheelTiger
April 2nd, 2007, 02:15 PM
Somebody call Ben Crain. (Kidding, totally.)

KOCook
April 2nd, 2007, 11:20 PM
I attributed that to my biggest threat--a squared-off rear tire since it is about an hour of interstate just to hook up with everyone for a ride and I no longer track my street bike. Will be a bit more observant with this one. They are supposed to be exactly the same tire as the PP except for the extreme edges.

Did you notice a similar issue with the front? Any sliding there, I attributed to being just a tad aggressive with the throttle on exit.

bjhughes
April 3rd, 2007, 06:22 AM
Kent: I noticed extra slip on both front and rear after a few rides. In my opinion the CT's got more slippery as they wore. I'm not a track guy, so they may be good there when new, but I do not like them on the street. The rear also seemed to wear faster (in the middle) on the street.

I don't trust them, so I'm going back to Pilot Powers. I'm much more comfortable with them.

CarlT
April 3rd, 2007, 11:12 AM
I just spooned on a set of the 2ct's last week in preparation for the track day this weekend. After a scrub in ride, they seemed to feel real good right out of the gate.

My plan is to take them off and save them for the Spring IBI. That should pretty much wear them out but I'll have to wait and see how they handle then.