PDA

View Full Version : Leaving for IBI in one week - Need an SV650 Caliper!!

Tyrell
May 9th, 2007, 07:39 PM
I'm leaving Austin early (5/18) for the IBI b/c I'm going to CO with the g/f the week before. I was feeling productive last night and decided to install the SS brake lines on my '05 SV650 that have been holding down my workbench for the past few weeks. Everything was going smoothly until wouldn't you know it, I got all ham-fisted and snapped off a speed bleeder while installing it! I've tried an Easy-Out but no luck there. My caliper is hosed. EXPLITIVE!!!

So, long story short, I'm in desperate need of a left 03+ SV650 front brake caliper, ASAP!!! An AR IBI on only one front brake disc is no way to go!

Thanks so much!!

NathanH
May 9th, 2007, 11:16 PM
Is it a Tokico 4-pot? Calipers usually fit multiple bikes, and that's especially true with Suzukis. Any chance the spare set of TLS calipers I have lying around would fit?

ZedX
May 9th, 2007, 11:26 PM
I also have a set of 97 TLS calipers in the garage with newish pads. ....freeeeeeeeeee!

Tyrell
May 9th, 2007, 11:56 PM
Just got off the phone with Mikyl - Doesn't look like the TLS calipers will work. The SV's bolt spacing is 46.4mm (from the inside of one hole to the inside of the other) and he said the TLS spacing was 80mm. Pooh! I did find a set online for $40 shipped though so we'll see if they get here in time.

Thanks for checking my post though, guys!! I guess if worse comes to worse, I'll be riding AR with a single caliper, chopper-style! :cool: Or maybe that's coon@ss (coon@ss) style?

Tyrell
May 10th, 2007, 03:01 PM
Well I found a guy selling a pair of calipers off a 2005 SV650 with aftermarket pads in them for $40 shipped. He says they're going into the mail today and shipping USPS Priority so I should get them in time. Crisis overted....for now. If I manage to screw up another one, I'll be taking the whole heap to the shop.

Thanks for the help, all!!