PDA

View Full Version : Rain!,Rain,! Rain! and my 100th post!

MaseK12rs
July 18th, 2007, 09:36 AM
Awesome rain we have been having lately.
Makes for some exciting riding!:happyrider:
With rain like this, glad to have ABS! Has anyone else been riding?
Will be off on Sat. but will have work Sun. morning. Should be finished with work by 9:30am. And then Moto GP race is at 4pm on FOX.
Does anyone want to have a Moto GP party?
This also my 100th post. Hope to catch up soon with the big boys.
Hey Mario, do you even visit the BBS?
I think you are still at only 1 post.:lmao:
Catch up with everyone later.
Be careful out there.

Brad Felmey
July 18th, 2007, 09:44 AM
Pick up the pace! You have a long way to go to beat Gary Stoops. :D

ST Mark
July 18th, 2007, 03:52 PM
Awesome rain we have been having lately.
Makes for some exciting riding!:happyrider:
With rain like this, glad to have ABS! Has anyone else been riding?
Will be off on Sat. but will have work Sun. morning. Should be finished with work by 9:30am. And then Moto GP race is at 4pm on FOX.
Does anyone want to have a Moto GP party?
This also my 100th post. Hope to catch up soon with the big boys.
Hey Mario, do you even visit the BBS?
I think you are still at only 1 post.:lmao:
Catch up with everyone later.
Be careful out there.

How's Falcon Lake water level doing? It was always low when I lived down in the valley.

Inlaw1
July 18th, 2007, 04:17 PM
Last I heard Falcon was up to capacity a couple of years ago, fell back down some, and is now back up. Same with Amistad, it was down for a long time also but been at capacity for a couple of years now.

I remember when I moved to TX in '82 and used to go by Falcon when it was drying up. A few years later it was so dry there were lake front houses being abandonded since they were a half a mile from the lake. There also was a small Mexican village that was relocated due to it falling under water when the lake was formed that actually came back out of the water the lake fell so far down. :eek:

MaseK12rs
July 18th, 2007, 04:20 PM
Falcon Lake. That brings back some memories. The water still has been pretty low for years. Although I hope this rains helps out. The forecast now states that we will have rain into next week.When the water used to be pretty high we used to catch about 100 white bass and stripers each day off the rocks at the dam. But ever since they fenced off the rocks, fishing there has been a things of the past.
Really need a boat to do some decent fishing there. Where did you live in the Valley? I'm from the mission area although I did all my schooling in Mcallen.

ST Mark
July 18th, 2007, 06:18 PM
Falcon Lake. That brings back some memories. The water still has been pretty low for years. Although I hope this rains helps out. The forecast now states that we will have rain into next week.When the water used to be pretty high we used to catch about 100 white bass and stripers each day off the rocks at the dam. But ever since they fenced off the rocks, fishing there has been a things of the past.
Really need a boat to do some decent fishing there. Where did you live in the Valley? I'm from the mission area although I did all my schooling in Mcallen.

I don't know if Gary lived there but- I was born,raised and graduated from Weslaco. My mom still lives there as well as my grandmother. I left in 1986 when a restaurant(The Lost Trawler) closed down and I could not find work. Texsun orange juice used to be processed there also until the freeze in the mid 80's. I miss South Padre Island-Corpus sucks.

rgatling
July 21st, 2007, 03:50 PM
Another guy from the Valley here...

I graduated from Sharyland HS when it was a 2A school. If you know the McAllen/Mission area, you know where Sharyland is.

We used to go fishing in Zapata--the Oso Blanco was the name of the place we stayed, I think. It's been way too many years and beers to be sure of the name.

R1John03
July 30th, 2007, 12:41 PM
Falcon still isn't up to capacity, but with the rain it can't be bad. The only problem with the rain is that it isn't making it everywhere so some parts aren't even getting any of it. I know Harlingen is getting a lot more than we are.