PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Steering Dampener for SV

Oskar_Z28
August 7th, 2007, 09:01 AM
Anyone got one laying around that works. I am finding out that I need one at MSRH in few spots and would like to have one by next track day (Aug 18th).

it's an '01 SV and I have clip ons.

-=sean)=-
August 7th, 2007, 12:51 PM
If you don't track one down, I believe you can get a rod style adjustable from LP for <$100. You could even get a stock damper from a member that happens to have one from a previous bike (hint: M.M.) or from a parted Suzuki on eBay and adapt it.

ZedX
August 7th, 2007, 01:37 PM
a member that happens to have one from a previous bike (hint: M.M.)

Sorry.. I was gonna give er away, but now ear marked for Cressa's SV. :cool:

bvia
August 7th, 2007, 11:47 PM
Why does Cressa's SV need a steering dampener? The high horsepower corner exits causing issues or does she need to slow the steering down for parkinglot and intersection maneuvers?

Bill

p.s. Think really hard about this one before you answer, Mikyl...;-)>

Vee4Rider
August 8th, 2007, 03:56 AM
I don't use a steering dampener. I prefer to steer without moisture! Unless I get a tankslapper, then things could a little damp......;););):happyrider:

Jus10
August 8th, 2007, 08:56 AM
I don't use a steering dampener. I prefer to steer without moisture! Unless I get a tankslapper, then things could a little damp......;););):happyrider:

;) :D :thumbsup:

ZedX
August 8th, 2007, 09:03 AM
p.s. Think really hard about this one before you answer, Mikyl...;-)>

No thinking needed. I'm well aware of the pros and cons of dampers. And that proper suspension set up will usually negate most of the need for a damper (if one was "needed" in the first place"). The fact is the pros nearly always outway the negs. Especially when the oil is replaced with lighter oil in a stock damper. It's just for insurance and the ocassional pot hole that could otherwise snatch the bar from her hands. Plus eventually that bike will be on the track. It's just another piece of safety gear.

Oskar_Z28
August 8th, 2007, 11:34 AM
I've been riding on the track without steering dampener for years and 95&#37; of the time I don't need it. I am finding out that I am having to take a tighter line or lifting off the gas on couple left hand corners at MSRH. I wanted to see if the steering dampener will help out in staying on throttle through those couple areas on the track.