PDA

View Full Version : Possible Scavenger ??

janielee
August 9th, 2007, 08:36 PM
Hey Guys,
Seeing as how we are getting close to the start of school, I thought being the "nerd" that I am that you guys might enjoy a scavenger hunt around the rio grande valley. The area that I am thinking of looking at might span as far as Rio Grande and to Port Isabel if need be. I would like to try and plan it out but I would like some in put in regards to which weekend you all would like to do this. I have two possible weekends open. August 26th a Sunday and September 9th a sunday as well. Since these day's everyone tends to be off I am hoping that you all can put it to a vote and give me more or less which weekend. Mind you I am going to try and make it at least a 2 hour scavenger hunt. I will give more details and instructions as I get everything more planned out.

I would like a response as soon as possible since most of these dates are just around the corner.

PS John is not helping and nor will he get any cheat notes on this he's all alone.

Chatterbox
August 9th, 2007, 09:20 PM
If you get this set up and do it, please post how it goes. DFW had one a couple of years ago and it was a blast! I'd like to get Houston to do it, but they've always seemed reluctant. :(

Good Luck! Wish it weren't so far, or I'd talk Chris into the two of us "butting in". :D

Inlaw1
August 9th, 2007, 09:59 PM
Austin also did a couple way back when and they were a lot of fun! :thumbsup:

edyama
August 9th, 2007, 11:59 PM
HAY, make sure that you find some roads with some curvers. :happyrider:

oilfieldsteve
August 10th, 2007, 11:07 PM
Janie, it would be kind of cool to see if other chapters could join in as well, but that all depends on the weekend we do it. Curves would be a +.

janielee
August 11th, 2007, 02:09 PM
Hey guys
We are looking at maybe 16-20 possible locations ranging from Progresso to ROma. So I will see what I can find. It seems like I am shooting more for Sept 9 because the 26 is the day before I start teaching so I need to get prepared for that, but I do want to get together with everyone on that sunday 26th. Anyway I will keep you all posted
I am :yippee: you all are up to doing this and letting me do. Thanks a bunch

R1John03
August 14th, 2007, 10:35 PM
Looking forward for the ride.:happyrider:

Counting down the days till we do it. We shoule have a pretty good turn out.

MaseK12rs
August 15th, 2007, 11:28 PM
Either Sunday should be fine for us as I should be off from work.

axeeclipse
August 19th, 2007, 08:32 PM
ill try to make it, i work that weekend but we will se :)

R1John03
September 4th, 2007, 05:21 PM
where should we meet and what time do we meet at, since we will be taking off at 10 minute increments

edyama
September 5th, 2007, 12:25 AM
where do you think would be a good start point and finish point?

MaseK12rs
September 5th, 2007, 03:34 PM
How about we start and finish at the Harley Davidson dealership?
I'm kidding! How about at someone's home or Archer Park or at a little coffee shop in Mission called Jitters? Jitters offers coffees and cold smoothies to help cool you down after riding in the heat.

R1John03
September 5th, 2007, 08:31 PM
I think Mase is working for Jitters now. He is their spokes person. WE will meet at Mike's house at 8:00 . For those that don't know where that is, let me know and I can give you directions.

P.S. we will be getting together on saturday before the ride to talk about teams and whether or not you want to be in teams.

MaseK12rs
September 5th, 2007, 08:52 PM
I am not a spokesperson for Jitters, however I do know the owners. I did buy the ZX10R from the owners brother-in law. Ka chow!
How about meeting at the Harley Davidson dealership?
When are we meeting at Mike's? 8 am or 8pm? and on what day? Sat @ 8pm or Sun 8am?:confused:

janielee
September 7th, 2007, 08:33 PM
Hey Guys I've been MIA lately, offically going :confused: what can I say, kids are a handfull. Well anyway, seeing as how it's friday and all I thought I could get you all up to date on information in regards to the scavenger hunt this weekend.
We are going to be starting at mike's house at 8:00am with take off at 8:30 for the first team.
There will only be two people per team, if you have a passenger then you've got a teamate.
Teams will be picked prior to the scavenger hunt<O:p</O:p
Each team is to be given a start of ten min intervals.
<O:p

Team 1 - 8:30am - 12:30pm
Team 2 - 8:40am- 12:40pm
Team 3 - 8:50am - 12:50pm
Team 4 - 9:00am - 1:00pm <O:p</O:p
Team 5 - 9:10am - 1:10pm<O:p</O:p
Team 6 - 9:20am - 1:20pm<O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p
Questions may be asked to the town’s people if directions are needed. Teams must provide an image of each location. <O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p
Bonuses-<O:p</O:p
Any bonus questions & locations are to be given a determined value not known to the participants<O:p</O:p