PDA

View Full Version : Wrench Night

R1John03
November 18th, 2007, 12:52 AM
Well we had three bikes to work on tonight, Stephen and I changed out our brake rotors and pads. He installed Galfer rotors and I put on EBC. Looks good. Alfredo had to make a bracket for his license plate because it broke off. Hope to have another because he is going to be doing a lot of stuff to it soon.:thumbsup::yippee: Cristina, Janie, Mase and Karla all came by for awhile.

GhostRider
November 18th, 2007, 11:30 PM
Sounds like you guys had a good time working on your rides. How often do we have these 'Wrench Nights' I'm down for next one. I need to do an oil change and a rubber change on ol'blackie. Which brings up the question if anyone has tools to mount tyres?

MaseK12rs
November 19th, 2007, 12:48 AM
NO tools as of yet, although Eddie - the VP of our chapter can get the tires mounted for us at the Honda( car dealership) for free. Then the tires only need to be balanced.
What tires are you planning on mounting?
I run Metzlers on the BMW, and I had Dunlop Qualifers on the ZX10 - they really stuck well. I just mounted a set of the Continental Road Attacks on the ZX10 and man what a difference they feel! :thumbsup:
The are made in Germeany and are design with a zero degree belt - just like the Meztlers. These are the sport touring compound and I hope to get about 10 thousand miles from them. I got about 7800 miles from the Qualifers.

R1John03
November 19th, 2007, 01:00 AM
How often do we have these 'Wrench Nights' I'm down for next one.

Well we should be having another one in the next 2 weeks or so. I know Alfredo needs a lot of work done. But he doesn't have the parts yet. I need to change my oil as well and i probably should have done it saturday night but oh well.:D

MaseK12rs
November 19th, 2007, 01:08 AM
Your new rotors look really nice. Glad that your making your bike stop harder just as you have made it faster. Your bike might even run faster, it you put more flaming skulls on it!
Just kidding! Your bike looks really good with all the work that you have put into it. I think that the Kawi might need alittle more attention soon.

R1John03
November 19th, 2007, 01:17 AM
Thanks it has taken time and money. It hasn't actually made it stop better. Next time I am going with oversized rotor kits. Then it will stop on a dime.

MaseK12rs
November 19th, 2007, 01:49 AM
If you could put ABS brakes on, not only would it stop on a dime,it would give you back some change! about 2-3 cents back is the average.:thumbsup:

GhostRider
November 19th, 2007, 11:54 AM
If you could put ABS brakes on, not only would it stop on a dime,it would give you back some change! about 2-3 cents back is the average.:thumbsup:

lol

I got a set of Bridgestone BT-002 race take-off that I got for a good price, plenty of meat left in them.

MaseK12rs
November 19th, 2007, 02:43 PM
They should stick very nice. And if you saved some money on the purchase, even better.:applause:

GhostRider
November 19th, 2007, 02:56 PM
yeah, got both front and rear for $100 shipped. Can't complain ;-)

MaseK12rs
November 21st, 2007, 07:27 PM
Where did you get the tires from? I have another set of wheels for the Kawi and a set of track tires or used slicks would be nice to have for a track day.

GhostRider
November 23rd, 2007, 02:31 PM
I got them from a member of the 600rr.net forums. The dude was getting all this race tires free and the set he sold me only had a couple of heat cycles in them.