PDA

View Full Version : post x-mas party meeting

edyama
November 26th, 2007, 11:46 PM
i was thinking about going for a taco run, and meeting for the party..

R1John03
November 27th, 2007, 12:21 AM
I'm in

MaseK12rs
November 27th, 2007, 12:29 AM
Sounds good. :thumbsup:
When and where?

edyama
November 27th, 2007, 12:44 AM
sunday night 8:00

R1John03
November 27th, 2007, 12:48 AM
meet at 7:30 at the Valero on 10th street and 107 and the 8:00 is for those that just want to meet at the taco place

GhostRider
November 27th, 2007, 01:53 AM
This Sunday?? (the 2nd?) I'm a little confused

MaseK12rs
November 27th, 2007, 09:54 AM
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused:
Nice to know that we think alike Carlos!:)

This Sunday or next?

GhostRider
November 27th, 2007, 11:25 AM
Weather is looking good for this Sunday so far:

<table style="width: 509px; height: 36px;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr><td style="padding: 0px 0px 0px 5px;" align="left" height="25" valign="middle" width="65">Sun (http://www.weather.com/weather/wxdetail/78501?dayNum=5)
Dec 2
</td> <td valign="CENTER" width="115"> <table style="border: 1px solid rgb(227, 225, 199); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="105"> <tbody><tr> <td align="center" valign="middle" width="36">http://image.weather.com/web/common/wxicons/31/30.gif?12122006</td> <td class="blueVerdanaText11" style="padding: 0px 3px 0px 0px;" valign="middle" width="69">Partly Cloudy</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> <td class="blueFont10" width="65">90/69</td> <td class="blueVerdanaText10" align="center" width="50"> 10% Precipitation</td> </tr> </tbody> </table>

TRU
November 27th, 2007, 03:39 PM
****!!! Look at this Larry James guy here!!!! And when the notrher currents croos the devide bringing mositure from El Nino clouds form privi....... LOL

I'm in for sunday night, especialy if theres tacos!!!!

GhostRider
November 27th, 2007, 04:08 PM
hahahahaha, I see some "chingasos" from El Nino on your weather forecast Silent Bob. ;)

hehehe, I better not say anything bad to you since you are the official "Honda" push-starter hehehe :)

R1John03
November 27th, 2007, 09:33 PM
How does it look for Saturday for you guys since one of us might not be able to make it on Sunday (Stephen) :) I am trying to include everyone, but I guess it depends on who all can make it.

MaseK12rs
November 27th, 2007, 10:12 PM
Saturday works for me.:thumbsup:

TRU
November 27th, 2007, 10:21 PM
Well I did have that symposium on frontiers in the physics of quark-gluon plasma and quark travel paths in relations to dark matter strings, but hey for steve, I will postpone it!!!

Has anyone seen my lepton?

NinjaRick
November 27th, 2007, 11:05 PM
Ill be their! sat at 7-30 p.m Ill invite myself laters ninja rick......:mad:

NinjaRick
November 27th, 2007, 11:06 PM
Wait up this saturday coming up? laters ninja rick...:confused:

salsamama
November 27th, 2007, 11:07 PM
Hey John, Saturday night won't work for us either. We have a Christmas party to go to with my work. Don't worry about us if you don't want to change it anymore. You can always come over anytime and work your Guitar Hero skills and fill us in. :cool:

NinjaRick
November 27th, 2007, 11:12 PM
someone needs to make up their mine ?:violin::banghead:

R1John03
November 27th, 2007, 11:22 PM
Hey John, Saturday night won't work for us either. We have a Christmas party to go to with my work. Don't worry about us if you don't want to change it anymore. You can always come over anytime and work your Guitar Hero skills and fill us in. :cool:

Stephen told me he was free this saturday :confused:

oilfieldsteve
November 27th, 2007, 11:24 PM
sorry John, I forgot that we had a christmas party to attend to. So much on the melon I cant seem to keep up with everything. If ya'll want to leave it for sunday ya'll can.

edyama
November 27th, 2007, 11:56 PM
sat it is i think mike will be there too

MaseK12rs
November 28th, 2007, 08:57 AM
Saturday it is. So let it be written,so let it be done!

GhostRider
November 28th, 2007, 09:34 AM
Count me out then guys, I have to work on Saturday evening and don't get out until midnight or so.

R1John03
November 28th, 2007, 10:20 PM
Darn so much for trying to get everyone at the same time.

edyama
November 28th, 2007, 10:37 PM
hay guys sorry the confusion i put post insted of pre-

NinjaRick
November 29th, 2007, 12:04 AM
What taco place? meet at the valero store at 107 and 10th st...? laters ninja rick......:confused:

TRU
November 29th, 2007, 08:48 AM
So what is the final time???? 7:30pm or am on saturday December 1??? And I thought Quark-glucon plasma was confusing. All my parts may be in Friday well thats what FedX says, so i'm wrenching all friday night and saturday!

GhostRider
November 29th, 2007, 09:34 AM
So what is the final time???? 7:30pm or am on saturday December 1??? And I thought Quark-glucon plasma was confusing. All my parts may be in Friday well thats what FedX says, so i'm wrenching all friday night and saturday!

Need help?

TRU
November 29th, 2007, 05:15 PM
If you can help me with this. I'm studing two distinct phases of nuclear matter, a baryon-meson phase and a Quark-glu con phase (QGP). For the baryon-meson phase I develop an equation of state (EoS) using a quark-meson formulation based on a new version of the fuzzy bag model with scalar-isoscalar, vector-isoscalar and vector-isovector meson-quark couplings and leptonic degrees of freedom as well as the constraints of chemical equilibrium, baryon number and electric charge conservation. For the QGP phase I model an EoS for asymptotically free massless quarks and gluons using the MIT approach and a temperature and baryon chemical potential dependent bag constant, B(T,μ), which allows an isentropic equilibrium phase transition from a QGP to a hadron gas. My main results indicate the EoS and static global properties of neutron stars and protoneutron stars at low and moderate values of temperature are slightly modified in comparison to the predictions based on the MIT bag model with a constant B.

If you can't handle that,then maybe you can turn the scoket when I put the shock adn pipeon the GSXR, I'll give you a call whan the stuff comes in.

GhostRider
November 29th, 2007, 06:05 PM
If you can help me with this. I'm studing two distinct phases of nuclear matter, a baryon-meson phase and a Quark-glu con phase (QGP). For the baryon-meson phase I develop an equation of state (EoS) using a quark-meson formulation based on a new version of the fuzzy bag model with scalar-isoscalar, vector-isoscalar and vector-isovector meson-quark couplings and leptonic degrees of freedom as well as the constraints of chemical equilibrium, baryon number and electric charge conservation. For the QGP phase I model an EoS for asymptotically free massless quarks and gluons using the MIT approach and a temperature and baryon chemical potential dependent bag constant, B(T,μ), which allows an isentropic equilibrium phase transition from a QGP to a hadron gas. My main results indicate the EoS and static global properties of neutron stars and protoneutron stars at low and moderate values of temperature are slightly modified in comparison to the predictions based on the MIT bag model with a constant B.

If you can't handle that,then maybe you can turn the scoket when I put the shock adn pipeon the GSXR, I'll give you a call whan the stuff comes in.

I think I have a solution, me and some of my colleges have researched this:

Research (http://tinyurl.com/3xpd9j)

I did notice an error in your calculations. The MIT bag model has been re-worked where instead of using B(T,μ) the only thing you need to get the correct answer is plug this in:

Works every time.

TRU
November 29th, 2007, 06:13 PM
OMG!!!!!!!:eek2: THATS IT!!!! It truly is the answer to life, the universe, everything!!!

GhostRider
November 30th, 2007, 02:28 PM
OMG!!!!!!!:eek2: THATS IT!!!! It truly is the answer to life, the universe, everything!!!

You are welcomed.

NinjaRick
November 30th, 2007, 09:05 PM
are we still on for saturday i work till 6 p.m. tommrow...

MaseK12rs
November 30th, 2007, 09:12 PM
Hi Rick! Good to see you post! How's Rossi ?
Still on Sat. The taco place is one mile from my house. Hope to see you there!:thumbsup:

NinjaRick
November 30th, 2007, 10:31 PM
who's going to be their at the circle k ? do you know macie? rossi and dominic are doing great and carmina to. how are you and karla doing we havent talk for a while. Hope to see you tommrow .... laters ninja rick . mmmmm tacos :drool:

R1John03
December 1st, 2007, 01:26 AM

I think I have a solution, me and some of my colleges have researched this:

Research (http://tinyurl.com/3xpd9j)

I did notice an error in your calculations. The MIT bag model has been re-worked where instead of using B(T,μ) the only thing you need to get the correct answer is plug this in:

Works every time.

Do either one of you know what you guys are saying :confused:

who's going to be their at the circle k ? do you know macie? rossi and dominic are doing great and carmina to. how are you and karla doing we havent talk for a while. Hope to see you tommrow .... laters ninja rick . mmmmm tacos :drool:

I am not sure who is all going to meet there? But I will and Janie, Eddie, Mike, Dee, Alfredo will but I think he might just go to the taco place instead of meeting at the gas station.

TRU
December 1st, 2007, 10:17 AM
Well the funny thing is I'm a big science nerd, thats why motorcycles turn me on so much, full Physics in action!!!! Check my process, it i will totaly fit into the MIT bag model where the phenomenological description of quarks are confined inside hadrons.

As for Carlos answer (he's FOS), its from the fiction aurthor Douglas Adams and The Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy. Where these pandemintional beings build a supercomputer that is to calculate the answer to life, the universe, everything, and after 10,000 years its comes up with the number 42.

And last but not least, where is this "taco place" you all speak of?

MaseK12rs
December 1st, 2007, 03:00 PM
If you are reading this then I envy you as you embark on a journey to a mysterious and wonderful place filled with great food, friends and memories! The secret location of the "taco" place lies within the city of Alton Texas - AKA "parts unknown" at the intersection of La Homa Road and 5 Mile Line
( renamed to Main Street). You won't be disappointed.
Now remember to tell no one of the secret location of the "taco" place.
This message will self destruct in 3 seconds...
Excelsior!

GhostRider
December 1st, 2007, 09:36 PM
Well the funny thing is I'm a big science nerd, thats why motorcycles turn me on so much, full Physics in action!!!! Check my process, it i will totaly fit into the MIT bag model where the phenomenological description of quarks are confined inside hadrons.

As for Carlos answer (he's FOS), its from the fiction aurthor Douglas Adams and The Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy. Where these pandemintional beings build a supercomputer that is to calculate the answer to life, the universe, everything, and after 10,000 years its comes up with the number 42.

And last but not least, where is this "taco place" you all speak of?

If you think I'm FOS, then you obviously didn't follow the link that I gave you. You disappoint me :naughty:

TRU
December 1st, 2007, 10:21 PM
Linky no clicky Web Boy Wonder, gives me a page does not exist error! Unless you create a new paper, wish I had that when I was in school.

GhostRider
December 3rd, 2007, 05:54 PM
Linky no clicky Web Boy Wonder, gives me a page does not exist error! Unless you create a new paper, wish I had that when I was in school.

ok, ok... I didn't want to divert energy from weapons systems to engineering, but I see I'm left with no choice.

If we are discussing Particle Physics, which I assume we are, then Hadrons are not containers for quarks, but are made up of quarks (fermions if we where discussing the Standard model). We can further divide these "Hadrons" into two sub-classes depending on the interaction and number of the fermions which make up the hadron. The sub classes are Baryons and Mesons. Baryons being made up of particles with half-integer spin (protons or neutrons, made up of 3 quarks) and always have a baryon number (B) equal to 1 (B=1). Mesons on the other hand are made up of particles with full integer spin (protons made up of a quark and an antiquark) they always have a baryon number (B) equal to 0 (B=0, the quark and antiquark cancel each other out).

The MIT bag model tries to "group" quarks based on the condition of "quark confinement, which is just a fancy way of saying that quarks are grouped together based on the interactions between themselves as they form pairs or triplets making the radius of the bag dependent on the radius of the nucleon and thus more or less a constant. The main flaw in the bag model is that it does not allow for interactions between separate "bags". These pion-mediated interactions would cause the radii of the bags to change.

If you must use a bag model, I recommend that you utilize the Chiral bag model. Take the best qualities of the MIT bag model and the Skyrmion model and you have the Chiral bag model, it is better suited for low energy nucleon properties and you no longer have to take into account the radius of the bag because of the Cheshire Cat Principle.

Hope this is a bit more helpful for you. :cool:

Revert all power back to weapons systems, forward shields and ready photon torpedoes.

MaseK12rs
December 3rd, 2007, 07:20 PM
Make it so!:thumbsup:

TRU
December 4th, 2007, 06:53 PM
My bad I should have put " " around the hadrons, but most adendums are classifying hadrons as there own unit, much like "gaia" biomass is classified as a unit.

As for the models I disslike using Chiral bag model. Sure the MIT bag model does have a flaw, if you want to call it that, after all we are dealing with things that are 1X30^-20 meters in size. The basic bag model does fail to provide a pion-mediated interaction, but on the positive it can predict a nucleon mass that is within 30&#37; of the actual mass wich no other can do.

But by using the the Chairal bag model as you suggest, you merge the MIT bag model and the Skyrmion model. In that model, a hole is punched out of the middle of the Skyrmion, and replaced with a bag model. The boundary condition is provided by the requirement of continuity of the axial vector current across the bag boundary. Very curiously, the missing part of the topological winding number (the baryon number) of the hole punched into the Skyrmion is exactly made up by the non-zero vacume expectation value of the quark fields inside the bag. As of yet this "remarkable" trade-off between topology and the spectrum of an operator does not have any grounding or explanation in the mathematical theory of Hilbert spaces and their relationship to geomerty.

I prefer to alow the unknown therotical ideas remain in test and use only the proven ideas that do take full nuclionic mathmatics into play.

-=sean)=-
December 5th, 2007, 01:56 AM
My cat's breath smells like cat food.
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:_9369nqJkX3v3M:http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1202/1151376679_6e8c8290d1_o.jpg

GhostRider
December 5th, 2007, 01:11 PM
Of course I call it a flaw my friend! The MIT model breaks chiral symmetry, which is heavily emphasized in quantum chromodynamics and should be satisfied in all respects of strong interaction physics.

In order to restore chiral symmetry we must introduce a chiral field with couples to the quarks at the bag surface in a chiral invariant way. For this purpose it is convenient to adopt the non-linear representation for the chiral field where an SU(2) unitary matrix is parameterized by the isovector pion field Φ = (Φ1, Φ2, Φ3) as U(x) = exp(ir~Φ/fπ) where fπ = 93 MeV is the pion decay constant. The U-field is then transformed under the chiral invariant and Hermite combination for the πqq coupling is XlUxR + XRUXL, where X's are the two component spinors. Thus the better fit of the Chiral model.

Even though we are dialing sub-molecular entities, we have to keep in mind that the interactions between mentioned entities have the potential for the release of exponentially large amounts of energy. A prediction to within 30&#37; is also pretty vague and there is still plenty of room for improvement. By maintaining chiral symmetry, the Chiral Model estimates the nucleon properties to within 5% all while taking the best principles from the MIT model and advancing on them.

The model has been scrutinized and repeatedly tested in QCD physics without downfall. As one well known physicist with a very particular hair style once said: "We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them." or to use a different vernacular to better accommodate the intended audience "Sometimes you have to think outside the box"

TRU
December 5th, 2007, 02:11 PM
Sure quote that hack Einstein, sure I can use his quotes too "Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods."

I say we go back to fixing PC's and networks and leave this discuession for people that get fat cash from the government to smoke dope and figure things out.

GhostRider
December 5th, 2007, 02:13 PM
Sure quote that hack Einstein, sure I can use his quotes too "Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods."

I say we go back to fixing PC's and networks and leave this discuession for people that get fat cash from the government to smoke dope and figure things out.

Agreed ;)