PDA

View Full Version : Crashing your party - March RGV/ATX/SA meetup

Chirpy
December 13th, 2007, 02:39 PM
Howdy!

At the Austin meeting we kicked around the idea of riding down to meet you guys in say March/April. We'd probably come down 123 and maybe meet in Three Rivers or George West or somewhere...I dunno, it's been a while since I covered the Valley so those memories are starting to cloud over ;)

I know it wouldn't be much of a fun ride, but we all agreed it would probably be a fun lunch :yippee: You guys (and gals) seem to be growing at a pretty good clip and I'm sure we could learn something from you.

Whadda ya think?

GhostRider
December 13th, 2007, 02:46 PM
I, for one, think it's a great idea :)

oilfieldsteve
December 13th, 2007, 07:30 PM
Sounds like fun, maybe we should look in to it. Have plenty of time to plan and were to ride to and meet up at.:+1::+1:

MaseK12rs
December 13th, 2007, 10:29 PM
Let's ride!:happyrider::happyrider::happyrider:
What dates are you all thinking about?

Chirpy
December 13th, 2007, 11:11 PM
We didn't nail it down much more than after March 1, so the weather wouldn't be so chancey. I just thought I'd float it to you guys and see if you were interested. I'll bounce it back on our side now.

Who knows, we might even see if those loosers in San Antonio want to meet up with us ;)

TRU
December 14th, 2007, 10:13 AM
I would be willing to throw together a party at my place (aka. Kegger) and I have space for for people to crash (4 couches a pool table and lots of floor space) and a nice garage to store bikes if youall wanna stay over the night.
Maybe a St Patrics party or a Cinco de Mayo party, on a weekend of corse, and not nessacerly on the weekend of the holiday.

Hope everyone likes Shinnerbock!

Chirpy
December 14th, 2007, 10:55 AM
Hope everyone likes Shinnerbock!

:bow:

GhostRider
December 14th, 2007, 12:27 PM
Guiness man!!! Guiness!!!

TRU
December 14th, 2007, 12:48 PM
Come on Carlos, you know that was the best **** Shiner that you have tasted in along time. Man that Keg was born only 4 days before we tapped it... and a perfect 51 degrees. My nipps just got hard thinking about Oktoberfest again.

TRU
December 14th, 2007, 01:37 PM
Well anyway a quick run for lunch in GW at that little BBQ place on the corner with the ultra super duper good jerky sounds good to me!!!!!

GhostRider
December 14th, 2007, 04:20 PM
Come on Carlos, you know that was the best **** Shiner that you have tasted in along time. Man that Keg was born only 4 days before we tapped it... and a perfect 51 degrees. My nipps just got hard thinking about Oktoberfest again.

I won't deny that :D

CarlT
December 14th, 2007, 10:38 PM
Who knows, we might even see if those loosers in San Antonio want to meet up with us ;)

Sounds good. We like a slower paced ride from time to time. :lmao: We'll even get somebody to ride sweep to pick all the parts that fall off yall's bikes. :na-na:

MaseK12rs
December 14th, 2007, 11:00 PM
Sounds like you are volunteering Carl! Right?:mischief:

R1John03
December 15th, 2007, 02:15 AM
This sounds like a great idea.

CarlT
December 15th, 2007, 07:07 AM
Sounds like you are volunteering Carl! Right?:mischief:

Yessir. :thumbsup:

Chirpy
December 15th, 2007, 09:12 AM
Oh, I didn't mean we would ride WITH the San Antonio guys, just that we would allow them to meet up with us and the RGV crew. Kind of a pity meetup.

And you can say what you want, but the only bike I've ever had parts fall off of was a Honda. On the Buell they just wiggle.

Inlaw1
December 15th, 2007, 11:02 AM
This sounds great! Good idea Daryl. Compared to what we usually ride, it won't be quite the same, but it's a ride none the less and it would be good to meet up with the RGV guys. That is what this club is about. :thumbsup: Riding and friends. :)

TRU
December 15th, 2007, 01:54 PM
Word on the hondas, might wanna add zukies in there too, say Chirpy should we make the SA guys start there ride 2 hours eairly so they won't be late????

CarlT
December 15th, 2007, 05:25 PM
Word on the hondas, might wanna add zukies in there too, say Chirpy should we make the SA guys start there ride 2 hours eairly so they won't be late????

I don't think being late will be a problem. ;)

Chirpy
December 15th, 2007, 05:45 PM
Naah, they got GPSs and all those gizmos in their saddlebags, so they won't get lost. That will be us. We still use maps!

So is there a good BBQ joint in GW? That looks about like half-way.

First weekend in March? Before Spring Break starts? Yeah, I'm thinking the roads won't be that great, but I'm betting it will still be a pretty good day.

TRU
December 15th, 2007, 05:59 PM
Ya theres this place on the corner of 59 and 281, its right across from a little texa-ho truck stop, I dont remember its name, its kinda a gas station/ BBq place. Its got about 12 or so tables inside and the pork ribs are prety darn good, not to mention the Pe'can Pie. I35 connects with 59 about 8 miles away incase some of ya'll wanna slab-in quick and easy.

Well thats just my sujestion unless any one elce has any ideas.

I just thought of another place alot more people might remember, Cottons in Robbstown, its a little further... and that place usta' have some real good food. Is that place still there??????

oilfieldsteve
December 15th, 2007, 08:29 PM
F*** YA! That is good eating, AND I SHOULD know.

TRU
December 15th, 2007, 09:17 PM
Steve I think you and I shold plan one of thoes Alton Brown "Ride and eat you way across Texas" runs. 15 Steak and BBQ shacks in 4 days kinda things, to the point we get proteine poising. Anyone else up for Beef O'thon 08?

Chirpy
December 15th, 2007, 09:57 PM
Steve I think you and I shold plan one of thoes Alton Brown "Ride and eat you way across Texas" runs. 15 Steak and BBQ shacks in 4 days kinda things, to the point we get proteine poising. Anyone else up for Beef O'thon 08?

I love you man! We'll get along great!

R1John03
December 17th, 2007, 12:22 AM
Cotton's is closed on Sundays though.

Bryan
December 17th, 2007, 08:29 AM
Let me point out one thing about George West. The Rancher where I guide Hunters is the Constable for Mc Mullen County (Tilden) so we have a police radio going all the time and we Liston to what they do. He knows most of the LEO's in that town. They are pulling people over all the time and they will follow you if they think they can find one thing wrong you might do. So a bunch of Sport Bikes showing up in that town we will be looked at.

CarlT
December 17th, 2007, 09:25 AM
They are pulling people over all the time and they will follow you if they think they can find one thing wrong you might do. So a bunch of Sport Bikes showing up in that town we will be looked at.

If they follow the group, then Chirpy will be the first one they get. :na-na: They'll be out of tickets before they get to us SA folks. :happyrider:

:lmao:

Chirpy
December 17th, 2007, 09:33 AM
Be nice or I'll ride the Sporty, and tell the cop I was just following that bunch of squids to get their plate numbers.

When we did the movie day in Taylor we faced the same thing. I went by the station about a week in advance and let them know. As a result things went pretty smoothly and I don't think we had any problems.

CarlT
December 17th, 2007, 09:35 AM
You guys did very well on your movie day. :thumbsup: The cop that was hanging around was pretty cool.

Next movie day, let's go to the right bbq joint afterwards. :chow:

GhostRider
December 17th, 2007, 09:38 AM
Let me point out one thing about George West. The Rancher where I guide Hunters is the Constable for Mc Mullen County (Tilden) so we have a police radio going all the time and we Liston to what they do. He knows most of the LEO's in that town. They are pulling people over all the time and they will follow you if they think they can find one thing wrong you might do. So a bunch of Sport Bikes showing up in that town we will be looked at.

that place is notorious for giving out tickets.

GhostRider
December 17th, 2007, 09:41 AM

there you go... always thinking about food! :)

Inlaw1
December 17th, 2007, 09:48 AM
Been through GW hundreds of times in a tractor trailer and never had any problem. :shrug: I'm sure if we act accordingly we'll be fine.

jessejgzz
December 17th, 2007, 11:12 AM
SEEIN as how food is very dear to my heart and bikes you mind if I join!?!! Big steve knows, I like my share ooofff fooood on da barbi!! :yippee:

Mr. PL
December 21st, 2007, 11:04 PM
Man this sounds like a GREAT idea! I love the idea of hookin' up with the RGV clan!!!! And don't let Daryl fool ya, his Byool was the only one pee'in in the parkin' lot before our last ride together...I think all the real sportbikes made it nervous! :lmao:

jessejgzz
December 22nd, 2007, 11:02 AM
I love B-Que and bikes Mind I Join :confused:Bueler ......Bueler

MaseK12rs
December 22nd, 2007, 06:43 PM
Let's have everyone join in! More the Merrier!:thumbsup:

oilfieldsteve
December 24th, 2007, 05:32 PM
What is wrong with that Carlos? In the famous words of Homer Simpson " UM FOOOOD".

Mr. PL
December 26th, 2007, 07:50 PM
We'll even get somebody to ride sweep to pick all the parts that fall off the SA bikes. :na-na:

So THAT's why there are so many Sport Touring bikes with bags in the SA club!:lmao::lmao::hiding:

Chirpy
December 26th, 2007, 09:23 PM
I think all the real sportbikes made it nervous! :lmao:

Hah! It was just marking it's territory, so the lesser animals will keep their distance...

CBR Dave
December 30th, 2007, 12:28 AM
Oh,
And you can say what you want, but the only bike I've ever had parts fall off of was a Honda. On the Buell they just wiggle.

please. Riding a neo-harley once a month don't count.

CarlT
December 30th, 2007, 04:50 PM
please. Riding a neo-harley once a month don't count.

Dave, you give him way too much credit for riding time. :lmao:

Chirpy
December 31st, 2007, 09:26 AM
Once or twice a month doesn't seem to hurt Stoner's skills.

Jealousy is sooo unbecoming. Not my fault my kids like me. :shrug: You guys are just jealous of my sweet Civic commuter.

I'm counting the days until Spencer starts Kindergarten and I can commute on the bike. Then I can rake up meaningless slab miles that will somehow make me a revered rider.

Chirpy
January 3rd, 2008, 11:46 PM
Sooooo,

Anybody know the name of the BBQ joint in George West?

Is this a go for the 1st weekend in March? Put it on the calendar?

TRU
January 4th, 2008, 05:41 PM
Cant remember the name,but sounds good to me.

The place on the corner of 59 and 281, its right across from a little texa-ho truck stop.

Mr. PL
January 6th, 2008, 07:57 PM
All I could find on-line was HandiStop#3 Convienence Store and BBQ Cafe. :shrug:

TRU
January 7th, 2008, 10:34 PM
I think that may be it, but I'm not sure.

R1John03
January 7th, 2008, 11:48 PM
Georgewest doesn't have much, but we could try Three Rivers

edyama
January 10th, 2008, 11:32 PM
Do we have a head count. Idea.? Why dont we meet at Choke canyon. That might accomodate the the amount of people that might go.

Ivan
January 10th, 2008, 11:55 PM
Or we could blast down to Port Aransas and get some sea food.. we got plenty of them there, de-tec-tors.:D

Inlaw1
January 11th, 2008, 07:41 AM
Heck, that Tex-a-ho (using Tru's termonology) across the street from the unamed BBQ joint had (I say had as it's been almost 4 years since I've been through GW) a little cafe in it that made the best B'fast tacos (Burrito's realy) and sub sandwiches up and down 281. There was another eatery north of there the other drivers liked to stop at that I never tried. I'm sure we can find something in that area to accomodate us.

What's at Choke Canyon for food? I've never been there.

At our last meeting I also tossed out the idea of meeting in Corpus and doing the Lex or Aquarium and getting some food by the Bay, but upon reflection that may of made a REALLY long day ride out of it for Austin. :shrug:

Chirpy
January 11th, 2008, 09:19 AM
At the last meeting we also tossed out the idea of pushing it back to 3/15, just so it could be an "Ides of March" ride.

We just need a firm location. HandiStop#3, Texaho, whatever, as long as we have a place - that we know is there. Remind me to tell the "Meet at the Taco Cabana" story...

I'd guess we'll have about 6 from Austin.

CarlT
January 11th, 2008, 09:34 AM
I'd guess we'll have about 5 from Austin plus me trailering.

Fixed. :lmao:

Chirpy
January 11th, 2008, 09:39 AM
http://www.rocketmadness.com/forums/images/smilies/bartmoon.gif

You so funny. Besides, the Buell's already shown me that in a sportbike crouch I can easily rack up miles that would kill me on the Sporty. Anyone who can do a 500+ mile day on a cruiser gets a :bow: from me. You just can't put any weight on you legs with your feet out in front of you.

'Course, it is easier hold a beer in your lap without spilling it :D

CarlT
January 12th, 2008, 08:37 AM
[IMG]Anyone who can do a 500+ mile day on a cruiser gets a :bow: from me. You just can't put any weight on you legs with your feet out in front of you.

I hear ya, I'd give them a double :bow: :bow: . I wouldn't want to try it. :o

TRU
January 12th, 2008, 10:01 AM
I usta ride my buddies Maurader to the beach for him, 65 miles, and God! would my lower back be hurting. I'll keep my GSXR crouch thank you very much.

But you know churpy is right, I keept a bottle of poweraid in my lap for 20 miles with a bendy straw taped to it.

I like the Ides of March thing.

oilfieldsteve
January 12th, 2008, 11:16 AM
How far is Port Aransas for ya'll? I know there has got to be some good seafood up there. But that maybe to far for the Austin and Houston people that want to ride. Don't know, but it sounds like a good idea.

Mr. PL
January 12th, 2008, 12:21 PM
I'm OK with whatever y'all decide...as long as the roads are (somewhat) fun and there is a car wash. :D

jessejgzz
January 12th, 2008, 12:28 PM
!I AM STILL GAME FOR A RUN!!!!!!!! PROBABLY TRAILER GET A ROOM at G.W. OR WHERE EVER THE HECK :happyrider: Got plenty of room on the trailer or in the truck let me know... pm me:paranoid:

TRU
January 12th, 2008, 06:43 PM
Topless car warsh????????????

MaseK12rs
January 13th, 2008, 12:29 AM
Top Less car wash?:confused:
Should it not be a top less BIKE wash?:confused:

I don't believe that I really want to see me, Steve or TRU topless!:naughty:

TRU
January 13th, 2008, 04:31 PM
Man we get 12 curves in a 45 min ride... i think fun is gonna be relative to the person. RGV roads suck!!!!

oilfieldsteve
January 14th, 2008, 01:04 AM
Yeah I know but what else are we going to do. I think we try to make the best of it when we can. Would be nice to take a longer trip to sum's where.

Chirpy
January 30th, 2008, 04:01 PM
http://homepage.mac.com/tschoepe/.Pictures/TSBA/smRGVMeetup.jpg

Chirpy
January 30th, 2008, 05:57 PM
Oh, and before you ask, I know it's a hocky logo, but the only other RGV logo I could find was really lame.

That's one kind of cool...maybe he should be your mascot!

R1John03
January 30th, 2008, 06:54 PM
The logo is from our killer bees, they are our hockey league.

Chirpy
January 30th, 2008, 09:56 PM
Yup, they play the Austin A** Bites, er, Ice Bats :D

I just thought it was kinda cool. Just having fun with the whole thing, hope nobody got upset.

R1John03
January 30th, 2008, 11:17 PM
Not that I know of, I hope not either :)

Chirpy
February 1st, 2008, 12:52 PM
So is it the 16th now?

Chirpy
February 1st, 2008, 09:27 PM
Hey look, the poster has always said the 16th ;)