PDA

View Full Version : '91 cbr f2/3 SOLD

cirsory
January 31st, 2008, 02:28 PM
I'm selling this as it sits. The motor doesnt run right. The carbs are getting clogged. I can't get the carbs off my self and don't want to deal with the frustration and hassle to fix it up to sell. So I guess 1k, all it needs is the carbs cleaned. Has brand new filter/battery/plugs/oil.

Pictures (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v209/cirsory/bike%20sale/)

cirsory
January 31st, 2008, 03:03 PM
26,600miles on the odometer
Everything is in great shape except the carbs that need cleaning.

The non-everyday tune up stuff done (yes all done within the last year):

NEW Zero Gravity Double-Bubble Windshield(Rare)
NEW D&D Performance Slip On
NEW Motion Pro Throttle Cables
Targa Left and Right Lower Fairings
New Fuel Petcock Filter and Gasket OEM
NEW 1998 Honda CBR600F3 Gas Tank OEM
NEW 1998 Honda CBR600F3 Left Rear Fairing OEM
NEW 1998 Honda CBR600F3 Rear Center Joiner Fairing OEM
NEW 1998 Honda CBR600F3 Right Rear Fairings OEM
NEW 1991 Honda CBR600F2 Front Fender OEM
NEW Professional paint for requisite parts at Paintmasters Autobody
NEW 1998 Honda CBR600F3 Rear Fender OEM (fender eliminator kit and lighting added)
1997 Honda CBR600F3 Rear Wheel Hugger and Chain Guard
1998 Honda CBR600F3 Adjustable Rear Suspension with remote nitrogen reservoir
1998 Honda CBR600F3 Seat with custom Red/Black Second Look Cover
NEW 1991 Honda CBR600F2 Fuse Box Cover
NEW Silver Carbon Fiber Yoke Cover (Custom made for this bike)
NEW Sealed Battery
NEW Honda CBR600F3 Left Passenger Rearset and used right passenger rearset
NEW Shogun Bar Sliders
NEW Factory Pro Shift Kit

Stuff done within 500 miles.
NEW Stator and Regulator (with required Honda OEM gasket)
NEW CBR F4 Mirrors

It has new oil/air filter/spark plugs/battery meaning 0 miles!! (it has all this new stuff me trying to get it to work right hah)

There are a few small imperfections after riding it this year though. There is a scratch on the gas tank (from my friends baby girl playing on the bike with my keys), and the right lower has scratches (wind knocked it over). And the misplaced frame slider hole on the left.

2WheelTiger
January 31st, 2008, 03:04 PM
Man, if I was in Dallas or had a place to stash it, I'd be all over this like stink...... Talk about a trackday toy.....

windsor
January 31st, 2008, 03:06 PM
You can stash it in my garage, so now you're halfway there!

;) :D

2WheelTiger
January 31st, 2008, 03:25 PM
I'm not calling dibs...... Somebody down there needs to take advantage of this...

(The logistics are just not there for me.)

windsor
January 31st, 2008, 03:31 PM
I was trying to get you to buy it for me. tsk. tsk. I guess your mind has cleared (easing off of the meds?) ;)

cirsory
January 31st, 2008, 03:43 PM
Ya, would make a great track day project. I just don't have enough time, money, or willingness left to put any more effort into it. I've been trying to get it to run right for a couple of months.

btw 1k is firm. thats a heck of a deal already why ask to go lower right!?

windsor
January 31st, 2008, 03:44 PM
oh, I agree that $1k is a good deal, I just don't have that kind of liquid cash (and no time, even if I did).

Hell, you could part it out on eBay for more than that, but it would be a big waste of a good bike.

cirsory
January 31st, 2008, 03:59 PM
Yeah but parting it out would take quite a bit of time that i don't have(school+work=little time). And I just don't want to be frustrated by it anymore. I put it on CL for 1200, the 1k is a tsba deal!! :thumbsup:

2WheelTiger
January 31st, 2008, 04:10 PM
Jeepers, for a thousand bucks you could have a bike you could toss down the track and wad into a ball of dookie. It'd still cost you less than a simple tipover in your garage.

Tweek needs to buy this thing and retail his Kawis on the street.

Maxwell143
January 31st, 2008, 04:20 PM
Hmmmm...I've been debating this all afternoon...

Ramen noodles for the next month sounds good...don't know what the warden (g/f) would agree...

windsor
January 31st, 2008, 04:22 PM
My "tipover" only cost me about $600 :D

cirsory
January 31st, 2008, 04:56 PM
wow. there is quite a bit of interest over this bike now. Already have someone coming to look later today. Better hurry max!

Maxwell143
January 31st, 2008, 05:58 PM
LOL!! There ought to be alot of interest. Very good clean looking bike. I'd buy it if I can swing it. Keep us posted. If you sell it then it wasn't meant to be.

No worries...my garage is pretty full already. Looks like a F2/F3 swap shop in here. What year/state of tune would you like to see sir?

tweek
February 1st, 2008, 08:24 AM
Jeepers, for a thousand bucks you could have a bike you could toss down the track and wad into a ball of dookie. It'd still cost you less than a simple tipover in your garage.

Tweek needs to buy this thing and retail his Kawis on the street.

Already have three bikes sitting in the garage. As generous as Leigh Ann is I suspect that would cross a line.

the ex500 is going up for sale (again) this weekend. Tank is at the shop having her carbs cleaned and being preped for more track day fun. Then next year I'll sell her too.

but yeah....$1000 for a nice bike is a steal. Too bad I can't think of any new riders who need it right now.

cirsory
February 1st, 2008, 08:54 AM
ah, forgot to mention, it'll need a new rear tire really soon too. I've been emailed by alot of people that are ready to buy at 1200.

cirsory
February 8th, 2008, 01:38 PM
Sold to maxwell.

2WheelTiger
February 8th, 2008, 01:52 PM
Maxwell, FLOG IT!

Congrats.

StuartR
February 8th, 2008, 02:49 PM
Maxwell, FLOG IT!

Congrats.

:+1::thumbsup: