PDA

View Full Version : Just in case someone wants a VFR

jdugger
February 3rd, 2008, 01:17 AM
I know I said I'd never trade my VFR less than a month ago, but, uh, I'm pretty sure I'm trading it and the FZ-6 in next weekend. :)

The dealership offered $5k for the bike. Just in case anyone wants one, the price would be $1 more than $5k + 3.25% (the tax I save by doing a trade in), or $5163.50.

Here's the particulars:

'02 VFR800 with ABS option
18k miles -- did 16k valve adjustment
Factory matching luggage
Brand new Pilot power rear, 1/2 left on pilot power front
Speedo-Healer, fixed/accurate speedometer
16oz Throttle Miester bar ends, black/stainless/milled finish, throttle lock
Corbin seat
Re-geared 6k ago, new chain, sprockets. down one in the front and up two in the back from stock. Night and day power difference.
Very recent detail job -- she looks fantastic!

I'm in NY again this week, but if you are really interested and want to see the bike, I'll arrange for you to drop by the house and my wife is around.

Terms: Cash Saturday morning. Clean title. Otherwise she trades...

Zippy
February 3rd, 2008, 08:47 AM
You must have been under the influence when you posted this message.
I don't believe it!!

:confused:

Honda^3
February 3rd, 2008, 09:22 AM
So.... how do you like your crow cooked???

ZedX
February 3rd, 2008, 12:19 PM
my guess is if both the VFR and FZ6 are both getting traded in, there's a new sport-tourer in the picture. Being he loves the Honda and Hardly shops, my money is on an ST1300. Or a Hardly FLHTCU full dresser. :p

windsor
February 3rd, 2008, 12:30 PM
The day it's gone, he'll be kicking himself and trying to figure out how to get another one.

Brad Felmey
February 3rd, 2008, 04:08 PM
I dunno. I know what he's getting next. :D

jdugger
February 3rd, 2008, 07:13 PM
my guess is if both the VFR and FZ6 are both getting traded in, there's a new sport-tourer in the picture. Being he loves the Honda and Hardly shops, my money is on an ST1300.

These would be incredibly perceptive guesses. :)

I'm not so sure about the Harley part of Harley shops, though.... :)

jdugger
February 3rd, 2008, 07:19 PM
The day it's gone, he'll be kicking himself and trying to figure out how to get another one.

You are probably right, and my wife told me *not* to trade it!

But, here's the deal: I've got too many bikes. I rode the Buell STT, and it's a total hoot, but all I'd be doing is jamming the garage even tighter and dropping $6k on another bike I don't have enough time to ride.

I need a bike with bags that's good for longer rides. Comfort for 2-up is a major plus, and that's really where the VFR falls down. And, I'm keeping the 1125r, so I've got a play bike. I don't own a car anymore, so some practicality issues are at play here, too.

Plus, after all this horse trading I'll have two new bikes and no debt.

A close friend just traded his sportbikes on a Gold Wing. I ain't about to go *that* far, but somewhere in between.

windsor
February 3rd, 2008, 07:27 PM
Yeah, I knew you riding Jason's ST would be the end of an era. ;)

jdugger
February 3rd, 2008, 07:32 PM
Yeah, I knew you riding Jason's ST would be the end of an era. ;)

The deal ain't done yet, but does look likely...

Brad Felmey
February 4th, 2008, 08:33 AM
More like the beginning of an era. :cool:

Next stop, PRUDHOE BAY! :happyrider:

ST Mark
February 4th, 2008, 10:04 AM
Buy the ST
You will be pleased on long rides and get the back rest for your wife at Pirates Lair
http://piratesk12site.net/ST13Stealth.htm

pdef
February 4th, 2008, 10:07 AM
Why couldnt you have put it for sale 2 months ago. :(

jdugger
February 4th, 2008, 02:41 PM
Why couldnt you have put it for sale 2 months ago. :(

Two months ago I wasn't worried about my overflowing garage, having too many bikes, working in NY, or would have even considered splitting with my VFR.

I'm still tepid about it, but I really need to cut the number of bikes I have. And, something 2-up ready would be a nice perk.

If you wanted to swap, get your bike appraised for trade and when I do my deal you trade yours, get mine and add the difference, which probably won't be a whole lot, into the deal.

jdugger
February 4th, 2008, 02:43 PM
More like the beginning of an era. :cool:

I put something like 11,000 miles on that VFR in 6 months.

I'm thinking I could *shatter* that with a couple of good trips this summer.

ZedX
February 4th, 2008, 03:24 PM
If you wanted to swap, get your bike appraised for trade and when I do my deal you trade yours, get mine and add the difference, which probably won't be a whole lot, into the deal.

Great minds think alike! I was just about to suggest that. :thumbsup: Bet there wouldn't be much* difference at all. :happyrider:

*all things are relative ;)

pdef
February 5th, 2008, 10:02 AM
Neat idea but the timing is all wrong. Uncle Sam wants his money. If you'd be willing to put stock bar ends on I will buy the throttlemeisters.

jdugger
February 5th, 2008, 10:13 AM
If you'd be willing to put stock bar ends on I will buy the throttlemeisters.

If they fit the ST1300, that's where they are going...

bjhughes
February 5th, 2008, 10:17 AM
You guys better knock it off PW'ing in the classifieds. Somebody is going to complain and you will be spanked by the man.

Oh, and quit messing around with wanna-be bikes...step up to BMW.

jdugger
February 5th, 2008, 10:27 AM
Oh, and quit messing around with wanna-be bikes...step up to BMW.

Out of my price category, no dealer in Dallas.

Mariozx7r
February 21st, 2008, 07:18 AM
Big mistake. First never go under 800cc., next yamaha, please they make more mistakes than any of the top four. FZ6 is ugly. Stay with a winner Honda. Get the new CBR, Oh, did I mention bike of the year 600cc.

jdugger
February 21st, 2008, 08:00 AM
First never go under 800cc. Get the new CBR, Oh, did I mention bike of the year 600cc.

I guess I'm having some toruble comprehending your post.

1. The Viffer is now gone. (sniff)
2. The FZ-6 was/is a crappy bike, hence selling it.
3. You say never buy a bike under 800cc, but laud the 600RR?

Hood Ornament
February 21st, 2008, 09:44 AM
Big mistake. First never go under 800cc., next yamaha, please they make more mistakes than any of the top four. FZ6 is ugly. Stay with a winner Honda. Get the new CBR, Oh, did I mention bike of the year 600cc.

LOL, 3 strikes and your out! Funny how you manage to contradict yourself all in one post. :lmao:

ZedX
February 21st, 2008, 10:29 AM
Easy guys... He only has 19 posts. He'll catch on. :D