PDA

View Full Version : New York Sucks

jdugger
February 22nd, 2008, 11:47 AM
I'm sitting in the Admiral's Club at JFK right now.

There's 8+ inches of snow on the ground.

Every flight but one to DFW has been canceled.

Every other flight is oversold or completely back up with other travelers delayed with all the canceled flights.

*Misery*

I really hope I get home. Getting stuck here all weekend would royally suck.

pdef
February 22nd, 2008, 11:49 AM
Could be worse. You could be stuck in Chicago or Detroit.

Inlaw1
February 22nd, 2008, 12:17 PM
Hate to say it Jim, but you may need to make plans to hang out there this weekend. Freezing rain is following the snow and doesn't look to be letting up until early Sat morning. :(

Hope you get some good luck and snag a seat outa there soon.

jdugger
February 22nd, 2008, 12:43 PM
Ugh. Canceled.

So, now I'm flying to LAX to hopefully red-eye back to Dallas and be home by Saturday morning.

Fun, eh?

This is only about the 50th time I've had to do something like this in my life.

Flying sucks. 10 hours of flying to make a 3 hour trip.

ZedX
February 22nd, 2008, 12:51 PM
Yup....I'm soooooo glad I turned down that travel job a while back!!!

Good luck Jim. If'n ya don't make it I'll make an ST1300 crack just for you. But hope'n ya make it. I'd like to try out that Harley you ride. :cool:

jdugger
February 22nd, 2008, 01:39 PM
Good luck Jim. If'n ya don't make it I'll make an ST1300 crack just for you. But hope'n ya make it. I'd like to try out that Harley you ride. :cool:

I'm bringing the ST to the SMR. :)

ZedX
February 22nd, 2008, 01:43 PM
I'm bringing the ST to the SMR. :)

Ya...fit's your style better anyway... :na-na:

143LRSD
February 22nd, 2008, 01:46 PM
[quote=jdugger;258663]I'm sitting in the Admiral's Club at JFK right now.

quote]

I'd feel a little bit of sorrow for you weren't sitting the "Admirals Club" but, since you are.... better you than me....:p

jdugger
February 22nd, 2008, 02:57 PM
[quote=143LRSD;258681I'd feel a little bit of sorrow for you weren't sitting the "Admirals Club" but, since you are.... better you than me....:p[/quote]

Please. For $300/year it's got two advantages: clean toilets, and a quiet place to sit.

Other than that, it's still an airport I don't want to be in.

Dallas flight canceled. Missed two LA flights because I didn't have enough priority to get on. I'm executive platinum, on a disruption, AND a full fare. I was #8 (!) on the stand-by list. They had 4 people with first class tickets willing to fly coach just to get on. To say the least, I didn't make it.

There's 3 flights left today to LA that would get me there in time to catch the overnight back to Dallas.

I did find a nice little wine bar tucked into a corner of the new JFK terminal. I wonder how much expense account latitude I'll get?

Fingers crossed for the next LAX flight...

jdugger
February 22nd, 2008, 03:14 PM
Ya...fit's your style better anyway... :na-na:

Jealousy is really rearing it's ugly head today! Underpowered dirty coon-boy is really showing his colors.

I think you should paint that Katoom green. That when, when I do show up on the 1125r *or* the ST1300, you can really match your bike.

ZedX
February 22nd, 2008, 03:27 PM
Jealousy is really rearing it's ugly head today! Underpowered dirty coon-boy is really showing his colors.

I think you should paint that Katoom green. That when, when I do show up on the 1125r *or* the ST1300, you can really match your bike.

I ain't skeered...bring which eva tool you like. I think my rusty skills and under powered converted dirty will be able to keep you in sight. ...in my rearview mirror. :na-na:

Wait... no I won't. b/c you'll still be freezing your Yankee azz off in NYC!! :na-na::na-na:

jdugger
February 22nd, 2008, 03:52 PM
I ain't skeered...bring which eva tool you like. I think my rusty skills and under powered converted dirty will be able to keep you in sight. ...in my rearview mirror.

Ben promised me a SMR full of long striaghts and few corners. Oh, and lots of slab! You're dust!

Wait... no I won't. b/c you'll still be freezing your Yankee azz off in NYC!! :na-na::na-na:

If I get stuck anywhere, it better be LAX. I'll just drop by that "rent a desmo RR" place and take the duc on a ride! :yippee:

Bryan
February 22nd, 2008, 04:57 PM
I'm sitting in the Admiral's Club at JFK right now.

There's 8+ inches of snow on the ground.

Every flight but one to DFW has been canceled.

Every other flight is oversold or completely back up with other travelers delayed with all the canceled flights.

*Misery*

I really hope I get home. Getting stuck here all weekend would royally suck.

I just left Syracuse New York this morning! They had 10+ on the ground I made it home on time at 2:00 pm. Had to leave at 6:30 AM!

derf
February 22nd, 2008, 11:26 PM
You guys making me home sick. I wish I were there, not!

Fast GSXR
February 22nd, 2008, 11:37 PM
San Antonio 75-80 degrees Today and Tomorrow. :D

jdugger
February 23rd, 2008, 12:31 AM
Made it to LA. Flight back to Dallas in 3 hours.

Gotta go get drugs so I can sleep on this last leg.

Travel sucks.

At least I get an upgrade on the way home.