PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Bandit 1200s

TRU
March 30th, 2008, 01:05 PM
Guess I'm gettin old, my back is huring after a 340 mile ride, so now I'm looking for a miler for my stable. I'm a Suzuki boy so I think a Bandit with some Givis might make a good long distance couch. Seen some around SA ATX for 3k to 4k. Trust TSBA peeps more than joe bloes, seen any trust worth mules?

windsor
March 30th, 2008, 02:57 PM
Aw, I figured you'd grow up and wean yourself off of the Suzuki teat. ;)

i2fast4u
March 30th, 2008, 03:33 PM
I have a zzr1200 4 u i want a 08 cbr1000. The wife say no iam 2 old. it better 2 ask forgiveness than for premission

TRU
March 31st, 2008, 07:59 PM
Everyone wants an 08 CBR 1000.:rolleyes:

SUZUKI milk is sweet to my taste buds... besides I have all the specialty tools in the box for the ZUKIS and dont want to start buying the ones for another brand, they cost nearly as much as a new bike!

Besides the key word is "Low Budget". Most people that buy Suzuki are posers and sell there suff off cheep with less than 2k miles!!!:D
3k for a Bandit 1200 = wife not too mad!

tojo92
March 31st, 2008, 10:01 PM
Like this one?

http://www.motohouston.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50121

I don't know the seller, it's posted on Moto Houston which is a little different crowd that TSBA I would say.

Good luck.

Jus10
April 1st, 2008, 08:27 AM
Would you drive up to DFW for one? I built one for a freind a few years ago. It was wrecked, but no frame damage. We put new forks on it and some mismatched body (green front, blue tank, silver tail.. as I recall). My buddy put a couple thousand miles on it before hurting his knees real bad in a four wheeler accident. He cant ride it anymore due to knees and its just parked in his shed. I'm not sure on year, I think its an 03. I have no idea of milage but I'll find out. It runs strong and I'd let it go for $3k.

jdugger
April 1st, 2008, 08:41 AM
Guess I'm gettin old, my back is huring after a 340 mile ride, so now I'm looking for a miler for my stable.

Go for the ST1300 and join the TSBA: Texas Sofa Bike Assoc!

Maxwell143
April 1st, 2008, 09:14 AM
Go for the ST1300 and join the TSBA: Texas Sofa Bike Assoc!

I think this cult is currently following the Concours 14...or is that another sub-cult altogether??

Back on topic...go for Justin's bike...even with the mis-matched color. It will be a solid bike. I trust the pipsqueek-I still have a bike I bought from him. How could you not like a guy that actually 'fits' a mini!!!

TRU
April 1st, 2008, 07:36 PM
I'll put the one in Dallas on the "B" list of possables... DFW is a long ride back, but it would give me a reason to do a custom paint job!

GhostRider
April 2nd, 2008, 12:00 PM
I have a zzr1200 4 u i want a 08 cbr1000. The wife say no iam 2 old. it better 2 ask forgiveness than for premission

You have good taste buddy :thumbsup:

GhostRider
April 2nd, 2008, 12:03 PM
Everyone wants an 08 CBR 1000.:rolleyes:

SUZUKI milk is sweet to my taste buds... besides I have all the specialty tools in the box for the ZUKIS and dont want to start buying the ones for another brand, they cost nearly as much as a new bike!

Besides the key word is "Low Budget". Most people that buy Suzuki are posers and sell there suff off cheep with less than 2k miles!!!:D
3k for a Bandit 1200 = wife not too mad!

everyone wants one because it's all sorts of awesome :D

"specialty tools" my arse.... I've seen you in action and all you use is the freaking grinder and the rubber mallet. Don't give me that cr@p

ZedX
April 2nd, 2008, 12:11 PM
"specialty tools" my arse.... I've seen you in action and all you use is the freaking grinder and the rubber mallet.

Could Tru be my long lost brother? :applause:

:cool:

GhostRider
April 2nd, 2008, 03:34 PM
I'll put the one in Dallas on the "B" list of possables... DFW is a long ride back, but it would give me a reason to do a custom paint job!

pffft.... all we need is a truck homeslice... or do you not remember our weekend trek to Dallas to pick up my bike?. We left at around 11 at night on Saturday, drove non-stop to Dallas, bought the bike, loaded it up, and drove back to el Valle. 24-hrs straight driving taking naps in the extended cab of that crummy little truck.

ahhhhh memories :)

TRU
April 2nd, 2008, 04:40 PM
Screw that!!!!! 3 guys in a Datsun 4 cilinder that had less horse power than my GSXR... all i remember is Austin hills and gravaty welling the tuck up to 80mph down the hill and slowing down to 45 by the time we hit the top. Slick driving on my part.:p

GhostRider
April 2nd, 2008, 04:43 PM
I'm down if you are :)

TRU
April 2nd, 2008, 06:58 PM
Dude, we could use Princesse's dads F150, and go in November to the Nascar race, pickup the bike, get lost (let me get my berings), use our GPS phones, get stabbed (no Geekasaurus!), eat at that strange BK's with all the white trash and smelly bathrooms on the way back, and sleep all the way back, well at leats I will. Your driving this time!

GhostRider
April 3rd, 2008, 08:47 AM
Sounds like a plan to me bro :thumbsup:

and as I recall, I did my share of the driving last time.

TRU
April 3rd, 2008, 09:15 AM
Oh ya it was Juan that had the sore vaj!

GhostRider
April 3rd, 2008, 09:38 AM
like always ;)