PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Gear

jdugger
April 3rd, 2008, 11:26 AM
I need to empty the gear closet of stuff I don't wear. Some of it came with the VFR when I bought it, and it was the previous owner's gear. Make an offer, almost any accepted:

- Red/Black Joe Rocket Ballistic Mesh Summer Jacket. Size M.

- Blue/Black First Gear mesh jacket w/ wind break liner. More or less new. Size M.

- Black mesh First Gear overpant to match blue/Black jacket. Size 34.

- Red/Black insulated Alpine Stars unperfed leather riding jacket, Size 52.

- Red/Black Joe Rocket carbon fiber look armored gloves. Size M.

- Solid red Scorpion EXO helmet with clear shield. Pretty nice shape. Size L.

Jus10
April 3rd, 2008, 12:04 PM
Would the gloves be race worthy?

jdugger
April 3rd, 2008, 12:29 PM
I say no, but they aren't bad gloves...

pdef
April 3rd, 2008, 03:19 PM
Are the gloves gauntlet style? I still need a pair and those texport ones are so uncomfortable that they are permanently shelved.

I may be interested in the Scorpion. 400 or 700?

jdugger
April 3rd, 2008, 03:37 PM
Are the gloves gauntlet style? I still need a pair and those texport ones are so uncomfortable that they are permanently shelved.

No, they are street gloves.

I do have a pair of Vanson gauntlet style gloves, though. They are very, very nice. I bought them and they stretched out too much for my taste, so now I'm not as keen on them, but they sure are nice. I wish I could figure out how to shrink them just so slightly.

This other stuff I'll let go for next to nothing -- you can have the rocket gloves, actually. The vansons -- well, they are worth something.

As for the helmet, it's a 400.

GhostRider
April 3rd, 2008, 03:45 PM
what about the alpinestars jacket bud what's the fit on that particular size, I saw that the other ones where M so I'm assuming that 52=M?

jdugger
April 3rd, 2008, 04:47 PM
what about the alpinestars jacket bud what's the fit on that particular size, I saw that the other ones where M so I'm assuming that 52=M?

Yea... it's just slightly larger than a Medium... would be perfect if you wear a medium and want to put electrics under it.

I should keep it, but it's not black, so not for me.

-=sean)=-
April 3rd, 2008, 07:48 PM
but it's not black, so not for me.
http://seanzie.com/smilies/yahoo/raisebrow.gif