PDA

View Full Version : F/S 04 Yamaha YZF450

Virge B
May 6th, 2008, 08:12 PM
Posting for a friend. I want to say he is asking around $3000 for it but you will have to call to verify.

2004 Yamaha YZF 450. Never raced, just trail ridden. No problems with it, it runs great. You will not find a better running 450F for the price. This thing is super clean. I have a new set of graphics for the bike, just not shown on the pictures. It has power valves, ASV clutch and brake levers (fold back), and a slip on FMF exhaust. This bike runs clean and starts on the first kick. I also have the title in hand! Please call me at 817-565-7650.

Thanks.

Matt

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m223/vbagesse/yz4504.jpg

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m223/vbagesse/yz4503.jpg

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m223/vbagesse/yz4502.jpg

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m223/vbagesse/yz4505.jpg

Mr. PL
May 6th, 2008, 09:14 PM
Lord help me...I grew up on dirt and I'm gettin' the itch again...and this ain't helpin'.

Chirpy
May 6th, 2008, 10:20 PM
Repeat after me...

Mo Tard

Chris S.
May 7th, 2008, 08:22 AM
Lord help me...I grew up on dirt and I'm gettin' the itch again...and this ain't helpin'.

3600 acres of dirt (seems like about the size of Pflugerville) about 30 miles away, for $200-$300/year - not much more than one track day. Does that help? :D

http://bouldercreekfarms.org/

But I wouldn't pick a YZ450F for that kind of riding.

ZedX
May 7th, 2008, 08:56 AM

Do IT!! :happyrider:

lemme guess... you'd suggest a KTM? :p

My one suggestion if going 4-stroke...E-start! :thumbsup:

Chris S.
May 7th, 2008, 09:33 AM
Do IT!! :happyrider:

lemme guess... you'd suggest a KTM? :p

My one suggestion if going 4-stroke...E-start! :thumbsup:

****, you're one smart cajun! ;)

BigRoach
May 7th, 2008, 09:50 AM

:rolleyes:

Chris S.
May 7th, 2008, 12:12 PM
:rolleyes:

Tell you what - bring it out to BC, and if you can stay in sight of me for the first five minutes, I'll pay your gate fee. Save the eye rolling till after you've ridden there!

ZedX
May 7th, 2008, 12:35 PM
Diamondback rattlesnake breeding season is from April to June, however you may
encounter rattlesnake at any time on the ranch. Our spring has been warm and we have
seen several on the ranch. Rattlesnakes typically hide in rocky areas, wood piles but will
hunt anywhere. During warm days they will stretch out on warm surfaces such as rocks.
If you are bit by a rattlesnake call us ASAP, you will be air lifted out of the ranch.

:eek:

Chris S.
May 7th, 2008, 12:39 PM
Haven't seen one on the ranch yet, but it's always good to be conscious of the possibilities.

BigRoach
May 8th, 2008, 03:15 PM
Tell you what - bring it out to BC, and if you can stay in sight of me for the first five minutes, I'll pay your gate fee. Save the eye rolling till after you've ridden there!

:lmao:
omg. dude, all I'm saying is you make it seem like the only decent bike is a freaking ktm. I'm sure you can smoke me, and if all it takes is a better bike, than good for you. But there's other stuff out there.

windsor
May 8th, 2008, 03:39 PM
I'd like to see a rattlesnake get through some of that boot armor you dirty peeps have. :)

Chris S.
May 8th, 2008, 07:10 PM
:lmao:
omg. dude, all I'm saying is you make it seem like the only decent bike is a freaking ktm. I'm sure you can smoke me, and if all it takes is a better bike, than good for you. But there's other stuff out there.

Absolutely not, you totally misinterpreted me there. I've also successfully raced hare scrambles on a CRF250R and a YZ250, both were great bikes. I enjoy riding YZ250F's as well. I owned a YZ426, and it was a beast! Hard to start, top heavy, and it didn't like going slow.

Most dirt bike manufacturers make good stuff, but I learned from experience that I prefer to buy a bike designed for the type of riding I'm doing (woods/cross country) than converting a MX bike that no matter how much is sunk into it may still have compromises (esp. gear ratios).

Go to an hare scramble, enduro, or GP (not MX) race, and ponder why there are so many orange bikes everywhere! If I was into MX, I'd prob. have a Yamaha or Honda, and certainly wouldn't run my 300 XC-W. I'm looking at possibly buying a dual sport, and considering Hondas, Kawis, and Huskies, and maybe a KTM.

Hood Ornament
May 10th, 2008, 12:36 PM
+1. I love the way the big 4T MX bikes pull, but IMO, they suck for trail riding. They spin up the rear wheel too much, or else wheelie too much, and once temps hit north of 90, they're practically useless because they overheat so easily. It takes mad skills to ride one in the woods.

ZedX
May 10th, 2008, 01:01 PM
:lmao: ...school is in session.

bvia
May 10th, 2008, 02:47 PM
****, you're one smart cajun! ;)

Now THAT is a dictionary worthy example of an onymoron...;-)>