PDA

View Full Version : Need Parts For RGV Chapter Project Bike GXSR 750

MaseK12rs
May 7th, 2008, 07:22 PM
Hello everyone. We are currently putting together a bike for our RGV chapter.
Bike will be first used for quarter mile track, then maybe later to take to Bonneville next year and perhaps to a road racing track when ever we get an chance to do so.The bike info. and parts we need are as follows:

Suzuki 1997 GSXR 750.
We currently need the following parts:
Fuel pump
Hand controls
Foot controls
Chain and sprockets
Lt and Rt front brake calipers

we have pretty much the entire bike, but needs a lot TLC and plastics need to be repaired and painted. The bike is pretty much a beater. Was a stunt bike most of its life if I am correct.

Anyone have any of these parts or other parts they would like to sell or perhaps donate to the RGV chapter?;)

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.
Thank You.
Mase

ZedX
May 7th, 2008, 07:46 PM
I have a set of 97 TL1000S front brake calipers w/brake line and new appearing pads in them. I upgraded the TLS with GSXR calipers so I know they'll fit. Might be slightly less baking pwr, but free if you want them (pay shipping).

MaseK12rs
May 7th, 2008, 09:38 PM
A BIG THANK YOU Miykl!!:yippee:
Will get back with you on shipping and where to send payment. Just feel free to send me the info via private message if you want. Thanks for helping with our project. You are one cool customer!:thumbsup:

jessejgzz
May 7th, 2008, 09:54 PM
I got some xtra sprockets no chain when i bought my track bike(gsxr600) I will check over the weekend (out of town now)and PM ya !

MaseK12rs
May 8th, 2008, 12:01 AM
Thanks Jesse! You are one cool guy! :thumbsup:
Any and all help is very much appreciated! :applause:
Hey, when any of you may find your way down here, please do not hesitate to call to stop by and visit with all of us. If you need a place to stay for a nite please let me know as well!

GhostRider
May 9th, 2008, 08:47 AM
Masey whoring himself out for parts :D

Pile-O-Parts is going to need one heck of a lot of that TLC you mentioned above.

TRU
May 9th, 2008, 02:27 PM
Dude.... you know I can grind/weld it together with the right parts.... Just look at Mr. Beefey!

GhostRider
May 9th, 2008, 03:35 PM
What about Mr. Beefey???? it's torn apart in the garage with his guts hanging out!

TRU
May 9th, 2008, 04:56 PM
Hes being "upgraded" to a GSXR touring bike.....

jessejgzz
May 9th, 2008, 07:42 PM
I got one of them gsxr's and touring and gsxr does not compute!! :D

Oh gonna be in your guys neck of the..... woods no no mountains no no flat lands yea (lived in san juan) memorial weeknd then to padre I will post up later to meet up with you guys ! Big Steve bar b que on me ! NOT!!!!!!:naughty:

MaseK12rs
May 9th, 2008, 10:35 PM
If you want BBQ Jesse, then just ask me if you want to try some of my "Infamous" smoked brisket that is prep and allow to slow cook and smoke for about 12 hours. Hows does that sound?
:drool:
We can have BBQ and swap some stories over at my place if you would like.
We have plenty of room and we could also make some beef ribs and fajitas if you like. Feel free to call me anytime.

oilfieldsteve
May 14th, 2008, 11:18 PM
Whats up with the BBQ?

GhostRider
May 15th, 2008, 09:55 AM
You guys always thinking about food... on the other hand.... last one was delicious :D