PDA

View Full Version : Free TV's

DJN
May 14th, 2008, 09:02 PM
25" or 27" Samsung (can't remember and to lazy to go measure the thing) and a 19" RCA. Older TV's. Come and get 'em.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y212/KZ1327/CIMG0983.jpg

Maxwell143
May 20th, 2008, 01:18 AM
Still available?

DJN
June 2nd, 2008, 05:48 PM
:bump:

Still have them.

Let me clarify something as well - "Come and get 'em" means I am not interested in delivering them so you'll have to come here to pick them up. If I don't get any takers they'll be hittin' one of the neighborhood garage sales.

Oskar_Z28
June 3rd, 2008, 08:43 AM
Just put them on the curb with a sign "free TV" they will be gone in 1 day. That's what I do when I need to get rid of something.

Brad Felmey
June 3rd, 2008, 08:45 AM
Once upon a time, I couldn't imagine having to beg someone to take a 27" color TV for free.

The changes in my lifetime boggle the mind.

Chirpy
June 3rd, 2008, 10:10 AM
Once upon a time, I couldn't imagine having to beg someone to take a 27" color TV for free.

The changes in my lifetime boggle the mind.

:+1:

Rlhay2
June 3rd, 2008, 12:02 PM
Take them to goodwill, get a receipt that REALLY comes in handy during tax time!

Maxwell143
June 3rd, 2008, 03:06 PM
I want them...trying to make the arrangements to pick em up. Maybe if I had a friend in that area (read *ahem Ronnie*)...I'll be in D sometime mid June. Can get a coworker to hold on to them or pick up if needed.

windsor
June 3rd, 2008, 03:17 PM
It sounds like you need them more than I do. :)

I'll give ya until this weekend, then I'm swooping in. ;)

Donny
June 3rd, 2008, 10:06 PM
They are all junk bro, Feb 09 might as well pay someone to take 'em away. I jumped the gun on my Hitachi 29" Multi System which was acting up...I gave the kids 3 hammers, and a sledge hammer and goggles and let 'em loose! That poor thing was a pile of plastic and glass and wires in minutes, swept up nicely into the dust pan!

DJN
June 3rd, 2008, 10:34 PM
I am in no dire need to be rid of them so if somebody wants them I will hold on to them for a TSBA brother. But if not they either go in the dumpster or garage sale or whatever. Let me know Maxwell.

Or maybe one will end up in my garage with an old DVD player; be kinda like Massey's garage but without the couch and fancy floors and all the cool toy's. Okay, so maybe it'd be almost nothing like Massey's garage... :p

windsor
June 4th, 2008, 10:48 AM
They are all junk bro, Feb 09 might as well pay someone to take 'em away.

The Feb09 deadline only applies to broadcast TV. How many folks here (besides myself) are that cheap? :)

jdugger
June 4th, 2008, 12:47 PM
How many folks here (besides myself) are that cheap? :)

I don't own a TV. I haven't had cable in over a decade.

windsor
June 4th, 2008, 01:00 PM
ok, you win.

I'll put a bid in for 2nd place, though. I've never paid for a TV -- they've always been hand-me-downs. :D

ZedX
June 4th, 2008, 02:42 PM
I've never paid for a TV -- they've always been hand-me-downs. :D

You tie with my dad. I just gave him a 32" CRT TV a few weeks back.
coal+his butt=diamond!

windsor
June 4th, 2008, 03:34 PM
32" CRT, that's my "main" TV. :)

Attached is my xbox and a boosted rabbit ears.

ZedX
June 4th, 2008, 04:28 PM
32" CRT, that's my "main" TV. :)

Attached is my xbox and a boosted rabbit ears.

wanna upgrade to an attic antenna? ...I don't think I threw it away yet....

windsor
June 4th, 2008, 05:15 PM
The pitch of my roof is such that installing an attic antenna would be near-impossible.

Thx for the offer, though.

The only thing I watch on broadcast is the back half of the evening news (after they're done telling us about who was shot and which building burned down) and the occasional Tonight Show. Nearly everything I watch is through my hacked xbawx. :)

Maxwell143
June 4th, 2008, 10:42 PM
Windsor...they are yours my friend. Go get em.