PDA

View Full Version : SMR 5/18/08 - Head'n 2 Hillsboro

Jus10
May 15th, 2008, 04:31 PM
:eek: I know.. thats what your doing right now ---> :wtf: :eek: :paranoid:

9am KSU
McD's Sublett & 287

Pace will be typical SS style which is very freindly to newbies (hint hint). Bring money for a couple of gas stops, some water, and lunch. Full gear required (as always). :cool:

ScottF4i
May 15th, 2008, 04:49 PM
You, SMR... Where have I been??

If I wasn't going to be out on the boat I'd make it. Have fun and be safe!

Jus10
May 15th, 2008, 05:06 PM
You, SMR... Where have I been??

I give up, where? :na-na:

If I wasn't going to be out on the boat I'd make it.
I think thats on the agenda for next weekend. :mischief:

pdef
May 15th, 2008, 05:47 PM
:mad:

jdugger
May 15th, 2008, 06:03 PM
Would be fun to see you back on the street, but I'll be in AR.

Dmpc_TT
May 16th, 2008, 04:38 PM
Getting the itch....Have a good ride~

scout
May 17th, 2008, 07:20 PM
hey if north side bow out yall mind if I strap hang with you south siders?

Virge B
May 17th, 2008, 09:36 PM
I'm in. Come on down Marc and enjoy the ride.

scout
May 18th, 2008, 01:37 AM
alittle under the weather but going to do my best, can't find sublet and 287 on the map anyone dial it in for me?

ZedX
May 18th, 2008, 05:24 AM
alittle under the weather but going to do my best, can't find sublet and 287 on the map anyone dial it in for me?

Sublet is the first exit south of I-20 on 287. Go east (left) under the hwy. The Mickey D's will be on the left, fuel on the right.

Enjoy and be carefull (see signature)

scout
May 18th, 2008, 09:09 AM
thanks but I ended up not riding this morning going to get cleaned up and go for a spin alittle later today

Jus10
May 18th, 2008, 03:23 PM
Good ride today. (8) riders, about 150 miles. A little gravel here and there but otherwise a nice short ride. :cool:

ZedX
May 18th, 2008, 03:32 PM
Good ride today. (8) riders,

Sounds like a good start to bringing back the south side SMR's! :thumbsup:

...anyone have a spare bike? :cool:

Virge B
May 18th, 2008, 08:18 PM
Good ride. Thanks for leading Justin.

bvia
May 18th, 2008, 08:55 PM
8 riders?!?!? You Squidbillies are rockin' down south!

Bill

Jus10
May 19th, 2008, 08:07 AM
I took the camera but didnt take any pics.. thats normally the way it goes??

SO here's a quick recap:
9am'ish we had a short safety speech. There were three "guests", all were dressed properly and agreed that a "slow" pace would be fine. I went over the route to lunch with everyone and we mounted up and headed south. Since I haven't lead a ride in about two years I missed the first turn. After a short detour we were on track and hit the first set of twisties. I put my head down for the first few sets of corners and realized that I was not going "slow" so I backed off a bit. Just as we passed Mountain Creek The right hander was torn up so badly there were chunks of missing pavement and the chunks were in the road. I was glad to backed off, even at the slower pace it was a bit scary. I made it through fine but worried about the pack. They did fine and we kept on covering ground. We picked up a little slab to make it to our goal, 309, but it wasnt too bad. The temps were nice, traffic was light, and the group seemed to mesh well. The gas stop in Hillsboro showed 93 miles on the ODO. We made it there about 10:45 so we had some water and BS'd for a few minutes since the lunch place didn't open till 11. We had some lunch at the little Italian place in the town square. The Strombolies are HUGE! I stuck with a salad and it was good. After everyone had a full stomach Virge agreed to lead us back home on a short route. I think it had more turns per mile than the route down and possibly a little less gravel. I split off from the group just south of I20 and made it home around 1:30 with another ~50 miles on the ODO.

Thanks to everyone who made it out. It was a good group and the guests did very well. No one even gave me a hard time for missing the turn or riding too slow. Thanks to Virge for guiding us home.

Hope to see ya'll again soon. :cool:

jdugger
May 19th, 2008, 04:50 PM
8 riders?!?!? You Squidbillies are rockin' down south!

No kiddin'!

I was lucky to get 1 or 2 to show up for my rides!

Go Justin... come back to the street for good!

Jus10
May 19th, 2008, 05:24 PM
'ol betsy did well. thats two smr's in a row, with Virge even! It might be a new record... She's going to turn 50k soon. Not many F2's on the road with stock plastic, few with 50k on the clock. I know thats not alot for you road warriors but its a mile stone for me. I cant take credit for all 50k, just most of them. Most were done the first two years in the TSBA doing weekly SMR's, a few trips here and there to AR, and lots of trips to Plano. With fuel costs up and me two wheel'n more these days, who knows Bueler, you might just see my squaty body around more. :D

jdugger
May 19th, 2008, 05:37 PM
who knows Bueler, you might just see my squaty body around more. :D

Come to Oklahoma, that's all I'm saying.

btw, the Buell turned 10k this weekend on the ride back from AR. Not bad for four-and-a-half months, eh?

Honda^3
May 19th, 2008, 05:57 PM
Rolled over 28K on the 05CBR-6RR on my solo "SMR" this weekend

pdef
May 19th, 2008, 06:00 PM
What Virge didnt want to go to the Loco Coyote?

Honda^3
May 19th, 2008, 06:04 PM

UMMMM.... Ribeyes!!!

Jus10
May 19th, 2008, 09:59 PM

no, we wanted to get home before sundown. ;)