PDA

View Full Version : 2008 June Fort Worth Chapter Monthly Meeting 6/26

Zop
June 23rd, 2008, 12:59 PM
2008 June Fort Worth Chapter Monthly Meeting 6/26
Come to the Fort Worth Chapter Monthly Meeting!

Get some food and meet the members from 7 PM to 8 PM
Meeting starts at 8 PM and is over by 9 PM

Sammie's Bar-B-Q
3801 East Belknap Street
(Corner of Beach & Belknap)
Fort Worth, Texas 76111
817-834-1822

Here is the map (http://maps.google.com/maps?oi=map&q=3801+E+Belknap+St,+Fort+Worth,+TX+76111).

jdugger
June 23rd, 2008, 01:31 PM
Out. Still in Austin during the weeks.

Probably gonna be an AR ride 2-5. May also do an SMR (GASP!) this weekend... I need some Hico Pie and to run CG->I

bjhughes
June 23rd, 2008, 01:44 PM
Hey...looky here...somebody posted to the old FTW chapter site :na-na:

Jus10
June 23rd, 2008, 02:31 PM
1. Call to order. Bottle or draft?
2. Roll Call. You here?
3. Last months minutes. Approved?
4. Old Business - Plaque for Darren. Awaiting $ quote. More info soon.
5. Pres Report - Quite around these parts.
6. Treasury stuff. $?
7. Secretary stuff. Also VP report ;-)
8. Ride Coordinator stuff - Trendsetters dead?
9. New business - Night rides, interested? Bowling, nope. Only two votes!
10. Thats 'nuff, go home!

Its a rough outline, you get the point. As always we will have a drawing for a FREE DINNER. While we do cover important club business the meeting is very laid back and all (guests included) are welcome and encouraged to attend.

FYI.. the Dallas folks had more people at thier meeting this month than we have members. Come on guys, we cant let them take over the metroplex!! WESTSIDE!!! :thumbsup:

ZedX
June 23rd, 2008, 02:35 PM
FYI.. the Dallas folks had more people at thier meeting this month than we have members. Come on guys, we cant let them take over the metroplex!! WESTSIDE!!! :thumbsup:

Ya wanna go back to step child SUB-chapter status? We'll take ya back. ... our guidelines are very lax!! :D

Jus10
June 23rd, 2008, 02:43 PM
Ya wanna go back to step child SUB-chapter status? We'll take ya back. ... our guidelines are very lax!! :D
We will always be the step children to some folks. ;)

jdugger
June 23rd, 2008, 03:01 PM
8. Ride Coordinator stuff - Trendsetters dead?

Nah, I'm just out of town every week. ;)

SMRs haven't been getting proper attention lately, either.

bvia
June 24th, 2008, 02:33 AM

The above post does not reflect the official views of the 2008 Dallas officers and should not be taken as such. You guys got Dugger and there's no way he's going to be allowed into the Dallas chapter!

...unless he wants to be and that goes for the rest of y'all short-rounds too ;-)>

ZedX
June 24th, 2008, 06:17 AM
The above post does not reflect the official views of the 2008 Dallas officers

I wasn't aware we had 2008 Dallas officers?? According to official static site, the '07 officers remain in office. :cool:

bvia
June 24th, 2008, 07:29 AM
Well the '07 crew was soooo bad that we '08'ers decided to not change anything until '09...;-)>

Jus10
June 24th, 2008, 08:04 AM
I thought Miykl was the Dallas spokesperson/figurehead. :D

tweek
June 24th, 2008, 08:25 AM
Trendsetters dead? WTF happened? I've been a bit busy later (friggin broke elbow) but don't kill it on my account.

Unfortunately I won't make Thursday b/c of that friggin broke elbow. I'll post up a Trendsetters next week to make up.

I'll find out if my PT dude wikll clear me for an SMR Thursday night. If it's good I'll show. I gots new rearsets on the Duc that I need to get used to. Otherwise - friggin broke elbow.

btw - when do you guys want to do the night ride thing? I'm planning on renting a wing later in July (friggin broke elbow) so we can test it out. Haven't planned out what we'll do with it. Leigh Ann wants a combination of slab and twisties. Worst case - I slab it down to Seguin on a Friday and then screw around in the Hill Country and then go home on Sunday. Unless somebody else has a better idea.

ZedX
June 24th, 2008, 08:33 AM
I thought Miykl was the Dallas spokesperson/figurehead. :D

:naughty::naughty::naughty: ...just the guy in the cheap seats hecling the comics on stage! :p

Jus10
June 24th, 2008, 08:53 AM
There is a question mark behind Trendsetters dead. Its a question. No one has suggested a place to meet in some time and no one has joined Heather and I in a month or so. Maybe we move it to once a month or something?

The night ride is like Trendsetters.. need some participation. When you wana go? We can mess around anytime if no one else wants to make an official bug killer ralley.

Good luck with the elbow.

bvia
June 24th, 2008, 09:00 AM
Worst case - I slab it down to Seguin on a Friday and then screw around in the Hill Country and then go home on Sunday. Unless somebody else has a better idea.

Arkansas or the Hill Country. Either is a good choice!

tweek
June 24th, 2008, 09:01 AM
we'll keep it weekly. I'll not schedule PT on Thursdays anymore. but vacation and trying to get 40 in are messing w/ all sorts of stuff - like getting the Duc to the shop to have it inspected to make sure everything it good to go before I start squiding around again.

I'll find out when the Wing is available (or one of the others I'm interested in) and then I'll suggest a date.

jdugger
June 24th, 2008, 09:06 AM
I'll find out when the Wing is available (or one of the others I'm interested in) and then I'll suggest a date.

I've been talking with Emily about a 2-up trip to the Queen W or Mena. There's a nice mix of good twisties and back highways (semi-slab -- think SMR-type roads) to get there.

Suggest a date, and there's a good chance I'll be there on the Sofa 1300.

Jus10
June 26th, 2008, 12:36 PM
bump... I'm already trying to decide between a "Carl special" or a whole chicken. :chow:

tweek
June 26th, 2008, 12:41 PM
PT is at 4:30p so I might make it. Doubt I'll be on two wheels though :(

ScottF4i
June 26th, 2008, 02:58 PM
I will be there. I already got permission... :o

Jus10
June 26th, 2008, 03:00 PM
I will be there. I already got permission... :o

that was nice of Mac :D

Brad Felmey
June 26th, 2008, 03:05 PM
I will be there.

:jawdrop:

ScottF4i
June 26th, 2008, 05:04 PM
And I will be there early! It's just too far to drive home and then back up. Beside time/distance, it would cost me nearly $10 in gas. And we all know that would buy a couple beers!

If anybody else is gong to be there early, call me 6eight2-560-055seven. I don't want to sit at the bar and look to lonely.

flyboy52f
June 26th, 2008, 06:08 PM
i'm still alive and stuck in charlotte nc. However I miss you guys and girls. Donna and I will eventually make it back to town.

Last sunday did about 200mi through the great nc mountain roads. Met up with 3 sport bikers on R1's. I was on my K75 and had no problem keeping up. Boy were they surprised when we stopped and i took my helmet off and the saw the geezer who had been on their tail for many miles. Guess Keith Code paid off.

I asked the normal question and two out of three responded they worked in IT. what is it about you bit diddlers and sport bikes?

IN the hills we call sportbikes bullet bikes per these three folks.

Have had a great time riding most every weekend.

Look forward to fellowship with youall soon. (youens in hill speak)

flyboy, the geezer on a duc

Jus10
June 27th, 2008, 08:11 AM
Good to hear from ya you "geezer". :cool:

Meeting was nice. Small group of core members. They allowed me to blab endlessly for about half an hour or so. The short version is "What do you guys want to do? What can I do to get you to hang out? Night rides, breakfast runs, dinner runs, go cart racing, movie nights, billards and beer, you tell me???"

We have (33) members as I recall and I havnet seen half of 'em in four months. I'm luck y to get one of you out to a Trendsetter's night lately. Do I need to change brands of soap? Maybe I just need to come by and mow the yard so the little lady will loosen those chains on your legs? Nevermind, your on your own there buddy!

We've got a great group here and I'm always glad to see all of you. If there is anything you want to do (rides, eat, drink, be merry...) POST UP!

Thanks to all who came out to the meeting with the exception of one F4i owner we were all on two wheels. :na-na: :cool:

Catch ya'll again soon!

jdugger
June 27th, 2008, 08:24 AM
I don't miss the meetings intentionally! I think I've been out of town for most of them this year. I come home from a 3-week long trip to Austin this afternoon.

There's an SMR this weekend.

An Arkansas run next week.

Come ride!

ZedX
June 27th, 2008, 09:02 AM
We've got a great group here and I'm always glad to see all of you. If there is anything you want to do (rides, eat, drink, be merry...) POST UP!

You know the formula. Planned and posted SMR every Sunday no matter what. KISS... just ask Gary. ;)

See ya'll on the south side when the slab won't melt my tires (November?) :cool:

Zippy
June 27th, 2008, 09:19 AM
I'm a maybe for SS SMR.

Jus10
June 27th, 2008, 09:19 AM
You know the formula. Planned and posted SMR every Sunday no matter what. KISS... just ask Gary. ;)

See ya'll on the south side when the slab won't melt my tires (November?) :cool:

Were you spying again? This was brought up. We need to ride, REGULARLY. I'm a wuss, its too dang hot. 8am starts help. It was suggested we ride to breakfast. Head out early to Hillsboro or the like just to have breakfast and then head home. A few good ideas were brought up and I kept with the theme... "we" can do it if "you" do it. If its just Heather and I then we can go meet my dad's cruiser group a few blocks form the house (at least they RIDE :na-na: )

As to the "November" comment. Scott had a great idea... FTW may host a IBI type ride this year towards the end of year. We'll call it the "Colder than crap" ride. :D

ZedX
June 27th, 2008, 09:34 AM
As to the "November" comment. Scott had a great idea... FTW may host a IBI type ride this year towards the end of year. We'll call it the "Colder than crap" ride. :D

Nothing like the sight (scent??) of a fresh turd steaming on the frost coverred ground after a cheep greasey breakfast 20 miles into a SMR. Oh... and with a soiled sock next to it...

...I just went somewhere dark didn't I? :paranoid:

:cool:

scout
June 27th, 2008, 09:39 AM
yes you did

scout
June 27th, 2008, 09:40 AM
why doesnt ft worth put on a track day at cresson for there IBI, or just combine with dallas for the spring AR event

ZedX
June 27th, 2008, 09:42 AM
why doesnt ft worth put on a track day at cresson for there IBI,

Dat der is pure genius!! :thumbsup:

scout
June 27th, 2008, 09:50 AM
I have my moments....I may be slow mentally and on the bike but steady

Jus10
June 27th, 2008, 11:22 AM
We've considered getting the details together for a trackday, but want to go to Hallett! Gas prices suck and budgets are tight. Not sure if participation would warrant club involvement. Cresson is booked tight with all the track day orgs. We could work something out with just about any of them for a special TSBA session or something but again, how many members would go? Trackdays are a sore subject when involving the club. A few past tries have been decent but a few have been horrible too. The idea is noted and has been discussed MANY MANY times at FTW meetings.

As far as helping out Dallas with an AR IBI.. we just dont like you guys that much. :na-na: Actually, you guys are the kings of AR. We have some ideas and when temps come down we'll work something out for an AR trip.

ScottF4i
June 27th, 2008, 04:07 PM
Thanks to all who came out to the meeting with the exception of one F4i owner we were all on two wheels. :na-na: :cool:
I had a little more than 2... Like 8! There are 3 spares in the bed plus the one under the truck...

I also say we do a fall/winter ride. They have the Hotter Than Hell, let's to Colder Than Crap!

Edit: didn't see that Jus10 posted about the above CTC ride...