PDA

View Full Version : FS: LG 47LG50 LCD TV 47-Inch 1080p LCD HDTV

Mike N
June 30th, 2008, 11:35 PM
Have a brand new in the box LG 47" 1080p LCD HDTV... info below. $1799 usually, will sell for $1500! (obo)

FULL HD 1080p RESOLUTION
Displays HDTV programs in full 1920 x 1080p resolution for a more detailed picture.

INTELLIGENT SENSOR
Unlike other sensors which can only sense brightness of ambient light, LG`s “Intelligent Sensor" uses 4,096 sensing steps to evaluate its surroundings. Using a sophisticated algorithm, the LG processes picture quality elements including brightness, contrast, color, sharpness and white balance. The result is a picture optimized for it`s surroundings, more pleasing to watch and which can also save up to 50% in power consumption.

AV MODE
The AV Mode optimizes the picture into Cinema, Sports, and game Mode according to the video and audio content. The viewer has the ability to quickly choose the correct mode for the picture they are viewing.

CLEAR VOICE TECHNOLOGY
Automatically enhances and amplifies the sound of human voice frequency range to help keep dialogue audible when background noise swells.

ISFccc
This TV contains the detailed calibrations necessary for professional certification by the Imaging Science Foundation. The resulting ISF “day" and “night" modes will then be accessible by the user to experience the best their LG HDTV has to offer.

http://mike.clubgp.com/forsale/lg1.jpg

http://mike.clubgp.com/forsale/lg2.jpg

Mike N
July 4th, 2008, 07:21 AM
$1400 and I'll deliver :)

Inlaw1
July 4th, 2008, 08:24 AM
PM sent.

Mike N
July 4th, 2008, 08:51 AM
Okay... I'll deliver within 30 miles :)

Inlaw1
July 4th, 2008, 09:33 AM
:lmao:

Well, if I take it I can probably wait until one of your trips down to SA / Austin / Hill Country. :thumbsup:

2WheelTiger
July 4th, 2008, 11:13 AM
Put it on the back of the FJR. Wire a rear mounted cam to it. Let tailgaters tailgate the front of their own car.

(The thing only weighs 100#. That's less than the average passenger and the FU effect will be priceless.)

Oh, don't use regular cheap bungees! :lmao:

Inlaw1
July 4th, 2008, 02:03 PM
Oh, don't use regular cheap bungees! :lmao:

:lmao:

Bungies were mentioned in our conversation. :D

F1
July 4th, 2008, 11:42 PM
I have to chime in on this one. LCD contrast ratio, image quality, transition speed sucks. For same $$ one can get a 50" DLP TV using LED's instead of a lamp. The contrast ratio, clarity, image quality is unmatched. Transition speed is so fast that the same TV is used for 3D movies! For gaming 2 players can play and only see their part of the screen!

Mike N
July 5th, 2008, 07:59 AM
F1, you are not specifically saying the specs on THIS unit sucks, you are saying that LCD vs DLP sucks. Not like the comparison is really apples to apples, but ok. And "sucks" is pretty darn relative these days.

F1
July 6th, 2008, 02:26 PM
Hey Mike,
Nothing "relative" between DLP and direct view LCD image quality. We can do a shootout at my place :D

Mike N
July 6th, 2008, 06:51 PM
No... more a comparison of weight, space, installation, etc :)

Remember, I have DLP too :cool:

Hood Ornament
July 6th, 2008, 09:57 PM
Hey Mike,
Nothing "relative" between DLP and direct view LCD image quality. We can do a shootout at my place :D

Hmmm, how about when you get ready to sell that R1 we talk about how much better the Gixxer 1K are? :rolleyes:

F1
July 6th, 2008, 11:05 PM
Hmmm, how about when you get ready to sell that R1 we talk about how much better the Gixxer 1K are? :rolleyes:

More like a Buell vs R1 when you compare LCD to DLP performance :D

F1
July 6th, 2008, 11:07 PM
No... more a comparison of weight, space, installation, etc :)

Remember, I have DLP too :cool:

Makes perfect sense form fit wise LCD has an edge, performance is where the tables get turned:cool:

Hood Ornament
July 6th, 2008, 11:18 PM

Either way, it's being a dikhed. :lame:

Harvey Mushman
July 7th, 2008, 07:28 AM
I have the 43" version of this HD LG TV. Picked it up 3 months ago new at Frys and have been happy with it. I just need to get the rest of my equipment switched to HDMI.

jdugger
July 7th, 2008, 07:43 AM

Yea, yea, yea.

Well, as an owner of BOTH an 1125r and an R1, I'm here to tell you the Buell is way, way far ahead of the R1.

Come ride it, and you will see...

dbaldwin
July 7th, 2008, 12:58 PM
Your comparing a 2003 R1 to a 2007 Buell. Not fair.

-=sean)=-
July 7th, 2008, 01:15 PM
Even the old R1 to a new Buell, the R1 is better. Jim just keeps practicing his sales skills on us. :lmao: The only thing the R1 won't do well is provide a comfortable ride for miles on relatively straight pavement cause it's a pure sportbike! :p

jdugger
July 7th, 2008, 01:50 PM

2008 Buell. Americans are given a 5 year technology grace period, right? :)

The issue with the R1 for me is keeping my weight off the bars. I just can't get positioned on the bike correctly, and the tank is incredibly difficult to hold with the knees. That and the turn is really slow, but a 180 rear tire should help that.

I'm going to try come convertibars clip ons and adjust for a couple inches back, about an inch higher, and a much flatter/straight bar position. And, I'm going to try a different seat that should reduce the major forward slant of the stock seat.

jdugger
July 7th, 2008, 01:52 PM
Jim just keeps practicing his sales skills on us. :lmao: The only thing the R1 won't do well is provide a comfortable ride for miles on relatively straight pavement cause it's a pure sportbike! :p

Ok, Mr. ZX-14 sport-touring bike. :na-na:

Come try the 1125r.

It's *easy* to ride. Very confidence inspiring. You will like it.

ZedX
July 7th, 2008, 02:39 PM
Come try the 1125r.

It's *easy* to ride. Very confidence inspiring. You will like it.

You keep saying that...

But the only person I've talked to that tried it, *HATED* it!! :na-na:

windsor
July 7th, 2008, 02:43 PM
Jason? I don't recall him saying that he hated it.

ZedX
July 7th, 2008, 02:44 PM
Jason? I don't recall him saying that he hated it.

Didn't know Jason rode it. So, no. ...but Jason is Buying a ZX14 not a 1125R. So what does that tell ya!! :na-na:

jdugger
July 7th, 2008, 02:45 PM
But the only person I've talked to that tried it, *HATED* it!! :na-na:

The only less-than-posititve feedback I've gotten is from Ben G. He wasn't down on it, but didn't care for the being "over the front wheel" if I recall.

Give it a try, bud. It makes you feel in control and very confident like no other bike I've been on.

jdugger
July 7th, 2008, 02:47 PM
So what does that tell ya!! :na-na:

That for $4,000 less out the door a 6'3" dude with a bad back fits on a ZX-14 better?

He's getting a smokin' deal on that 14. The 14 is a totally different bike than the 1125r. (And, a great bike, too! I like 'em a lot!)

2WheelTiger
July 7th, 2008, 02:53 PM
You guys are crazy! The ONLY motorcycle anyone should ride is an FJR. Can't understand why anyone might want anything else at any price.

;)

windsor
July 7th, 2008, 02:54 PM
Didn't know Jason rode it.

How do you think Dugger managed to get a ride on a ST1300? :)

ZedX
July 7th, 2008, 02:54 PM
LOL...wasn't there a TV for sale here??? Wow... at least the subject got changed off how bad it sux... ohhh...Oops! ;)

2WheelTiger
July 7th, 2008, 04:20 PM
Oh, you mean the FOUL? I thought we forgot all about that and moved on.

-=sean)=-
July 7th, 2008, 04:28 PM
less-than-posititve feedback
that's sales/marketting jargon ;)

jdugger
July 7th, 2008, 05:59 PM
that's sales/marketting jargon ;)

The Harley dealer I bought my 1125r from brought up the subject of selling for them when I mentioned I was out of work this last go around.

So, being curious, I asked what a good sales guy would bring home.

It's about half of what one can expect to make in the software business. Yea, it would be nice to be around bikes 100% of the time. But, yea, the reality is the typical Buell *other* than the 1125r spends 100+ days in inventory. How's one gonna make a living trying to sell *that*? I'd be slingin' chrome just to eat!

So, don't worry about me selling you anything when it comes to bikes. But watch out if you end up in the market for any enterprise business process management software. :)

F1
July 7th, 2008, 06:05 PM
So where do yall's dogs spend da night? Bedroom, in bed, on couch, in crate, living room, back yard?

Sorry Mike did not intentionally mean to hurt the sale of the LCD (direct view) TV but wanted the general public to know there are better choices out there from an image quality/engineering/reliability point of view.

ZedX
July 7th, 2008, 06:34 PM
but wanted the general public to know there are better choices out there from an image quality/engineering/reliability point of view.

For the general public's knowledge... where do you work? And on what technology? (bias much? ;) :p)

</IMG>

Hood Ornament
July 7th, 2008, 06:48 PM
So where do yall's dogs spend da night? Bedroom, in bed, on couch, in crate, living room, back yard?

Sorry Mike did not intentionally mean to hurt the sale of the LCD (direct view) TV but wanted the general public to know there are better choices out there from an image quality/engineering/reliability point of view.

Biased dikhed. :rolleyes:

Honda^3
July 7th, 2008, 07:55 PM

Did they fix the color-wheel/rainbow problem on DLP's yet??
What about thickness... How thin can DLPs be??

F1
July 7th, 2008, 09:21 PM
Did they fix the color-wheel/rainbow problem on DLP's yet??
What about thickness... How thin can DLPs be??

The rainbow effect is eliminated by lamp systems using the high RPM color wheel and Brilliant Color (R) invention (been in production for over 4 years must be reading very old reviews). LED system uses RGB light sources, lamp systems use white light that needs to be split into RGB and more color components by a color wheel. The thickness is just like human thickness, I say by the time you loose 50 lbs DLP will be thinner than LCD :D

F1
July 7th, 2008, 09:27 PM
For the general public's knowledge... where do you work? And on what technology? (bias much? ;) :p)

For the general public, I work as an engineer at DLP :o But even if I worked for Epson (they are the world leader at LCD panels, LG buys it from them) I'd buy DLP just for the image quality superiority. The closest to DLP image quality comparison is by high end Plasma systems, LCD is a distant third.

Zippy
July 7th, 2008, 09:28 PM
http://www.pcworld.com/article/147251/new_dlp_home_theater_projectors_use_leds.html

http://thewarp.org/blog/index.cfm/2008/2/21/Samsung-HLT6187SAX-61-LED-DLP-for-only-1900

You just can't hang it on the wall, with it being 15 inches deep
Maybe less time worrying about dog food and more on work, you could create a thinner DLP TV :D

F1
July 7th, 2008, 09:44 PM
Ha, thats why we have choices. If you want to hang it on the wall and dont care about picture quality then by all means go LCD, or if you want to hang it and have good picture then go plasma. If the best picture quality, reliability, speed, capability etc etc are on the menu then my friend you get DLP.

Zippy
July 7th, 2008, 09:56 PM
and if you are a cheap bastard, then CRT

windsor
July 7th, 2008, 10:52 PM
Freebie CRTs from fellow TSBFers! ;)

Hood Ornament
July 7th, 2008, 11:07 PM
Ha, thats why we have choices.

So, do you choose to be a dikhed?

F1
July 7th, 2008, 11:13 PM
So, do you choose to be a dikhed?

Naa thats for losers like you :D

windsor
July 7th, 2008, 11:33 PM
man, punking someone's "for sale" post is bad mojo.

Hood Ornament
July 7th, 2008, 11:37 PM
man, punking someone's "for sale" post is bad mojo.

Guess he doesn't know he's being a dikhed. :rolleyes:

F1
July 7th, 2008, 11:44 PM
Guess he doesn't know he's being a dikhed. :rolleyes:

But I know you're being a loser :rolleyes:

Vee4Rider
July 8th, 2008, 04:40 AM
Freebie CRTs from fellow TSBFers! ;)

Who you callin' a F'er???:paranoid:;)

Hood Ornament
July 8th, 2008, 07:55 AM
But I know you're being a loser :rolleyes:
Whatever, you're the one screwing up someones classified ad. Dikhed. :rolleyes:

windsor
July 8th, 2008, 10:16 AM
Who you callin' a F'er???:paranoid:;)

Someone in the club has to be getting some, because I'm not! :lmao:

ZedX
July 8th, 2008, 10:19 AM
Someone in the club has to be getting some, because I'm not! :lmao:

That would be me. :na-na:

jdugger
July 8th, 2008, 10:24 AM

After all that trouble you stirred? You smooth talker, you.

Zippy
July 8th, 2008, 10:28 AM

I'm calling BS on that one!! How's the tent in the backyard of "your" house working out for you?

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

ZedX
July 8th, 2008, 10:33 AM
:o

Zippy
July 8th, 2008, 10:34 AM
:o

You're learning!!

F1
July 8th, 2008, 12:10 PM
So what kind of dog house/kennel is it? does it have a tv? :D

F2
July 8th, 2008, 01:06 PM
I was in market for one so did tons of research on the subject. DLP is awesome for commercial applications and theater projectors as for my home its a thing of the past due to unit size.

Now the question was plasma or LCD. Plasma has its inherent disadvantage due to its plasma bubble technology. Plasma bubbles tends to fade after couple of years depending on the usage. Other drawback plasma requires darker room if your family room has lot of big windows and light you don't want plasma.

IMO LCD is the way to go with 14hz refresh rate you will hardly tell the difference between high end plasma and high end LCD.

I love Sony's from childhood now Sony stop making Plasma's from 2007 due to above factors and decrease in plasma market share so I went with 52" XBR Bravia LCD. That thing absolutely rocks with HD and Blue-Ray not to mention PS3 graphics.

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921665153951

:2c:

bvia
July 8th, 2008, 08:12 PM
I'm running a Sony WEGA CRT at 1080i and loving it. Weighs a TON, but like I said, I'm loving it!