PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some cortech sport saddle bags

satxbiker
July 29th, 2008, 04:21 PM
Gonna finally get to go on an extended tour with some friends in sept. I have the cortech tail bag and want to get the sport saddle bags to go with it. I figure most people who have them want to keep them but I figure it can't hurt to ask. Best price online has been around $116 plus shipping.

ZedX
July 29th, 2008, 04:25 PM
PM Nathan. Don't remember what I paid, but Motoliberty always is a great hookup and supporting a member. :thumbsup:

CarlT
July 29th, 2008, 04:33 PM
I have a set you can borrow if you don't really need to buy them. They are handy to have around though. I also have a large tank bag you can put a small family of four in if you need it too. :thumbsup:

GhostRider
July 29th, 2008, 04:38 PM
same as you bud, I have the tail bag and wanted to get the complete set for the Indy ride we are planning to go to the MotoGP race. I looked all over the place and couldn't find a good deal anywhere (eBay included) Ended up ordering mine through NewEnough for that price you quoted ($116)

Good luck with your search!

Bryan
July 29th, 2008, 04:52 PM
We have some you borrow. Lynn

Cass
July 30th, 2008, 10:59 PM
OMG it's Lynn!!

<-- Grrl on CF :D

Cass
July 30th, 2008, 10:59 PM
Err ^^ Grrl on CF.

Cass
July 30th, 2008, 11:01 PM
I'm looking at some saddlebags for a trip in 2 weeks. Will let u know what I find. I've got a tank bag and tail bag that are decent... and a mister with eleventy-hundred hardbags, but he's apparently going to be packing as if he's in a rally, so I'm guessing I will be on my own. I'll ping you if I find a better deal somewhere. Are you dead set on the make/model?

ZedX
July 31st, 2008, 06:08 AM
Cass- you can borrow my Cortech saddle bags if you aren't looking to buy.

jdugger
July 31st, 2008, 06:52 AM
I bought a set of Oxfords from ML in Dallas for something like $80. They strap under the pillion and work perfectly. Easily hold enough for a 4 day trip, PLUS laptop, jeans and casual shoes, etc.

I really prefer using a tail/saddle bag set up instead of a tank bag, at least on the Buell and R1. I don't like having the tank bag under my chest around corners.

With the Oxford set up, I don't even know I've got my gear with me.

bjhughes
July 31st, 2008, 07:22 AM
With the Oxford set up, I don't even know I've got my gear with me.

That's because your panties don't weigh much nancy-boy :na-na:

jdugger
July 31st, 2008, 07:28 AM
That's because your panties don't weigh much nancy-boy :na-na:

There are some upsides to not being a fat azz!

bjhughes
July 31st, 2008, 02:43 PM
There are some upsides to not being a fat azz!

No, no , no...I'm just "big-boned"...kind of all over...

Now let's get this thread back on track...where is the good luggage deals? It's at Motoliberty with Nathan!

jdugger
July 31st, 2008, 02:52 PM
Oxford bags for sportbikes from Moto Liberty:

http://jdugger.com/~jdugger/images/tsba/AR-7-08/IMG_1100.JPG

satxbiker
July 31st, 2008, 03:00 PM
THanks but I did get our buddy Nathan to help me out. I now have my very own set! Thanks Nathan

NathanH
July 31st, 2008, 04:56 PM
Anytime, Lynn!

Backmarker
July 31st, 2008, 08:50 PM
Oxford bags for sportbikes from Moto Liberty:

http://jdugger.com/~jdugger/images/tsba/AR-7-08/IMG_1100.JPG

Looks like Talimena Scenic Byway. Too many pulloffs on that road to guess the exact one but I'm thinking it's one on the south side.

jdugger
July 31st, 2008, 09:14 PM
Looks like Talimena Scenic Byway.

I'm pretty sure you are right, though it could possibly be Magazine Mountain.

Cass
August 3rd, 2008, 11:51 AM
Cass- you can borrow my Cortech saddle bags if you aren't looking to buy.

I'd love to!! Will PM you :)

ZedX
August 3rd, 2008, 08:03 PM
I'd love to!! Will PM you :)

replied.... just don't leave any lacey things in 'em when you return 'em. Cressa is the jealous type. :cool:

Cass
August 3rd, 2008, 11:14 PM
replied.... just don't leave any lacey things in 'em when you return 'em. Cressa is the jealous type. :cool:

If I do, I'll make sure they're NWT and her size...