PDA

View Full Version : 180 for charity

Dmpc_TT
November 13th, 2008, 11:09 AM
I got a work buddy who is getting ready for twins and his new gixxer has a flat. If anyone has a take off or a short term cheap solution for him it would be cool. I am trying to get him out with us sometime soon.

CBar
November 13th, 2008, 01:05 PM
I have a set of Diablo's he can have for $150. Maybe 500 miles on them. Also have a rear BT-002 (I think) that is a track take-off. The sides are pretty wasted, but there is plenty of tread in the center. I would be comfortable running it on the street, maybe not in the wet though. $30.

Hood Ornament
November 13th, 2008, 03:15 PM
There's probably a couple tires at Mikes shop that still have some life in them he can have for free.

bjhughes
November 13th, 2008, 03:30 PM
There's probably a couple tires at Mikes shop that still have some life in them he can have for free.

Maybe you could donate that backwards Pilot Road on your Busa. It's got plenty of tread in the other direction :lmao:

All I have laying around is an old front tire at the moment.

Backmarker
November 13th, 2008, 09:33 PM

Mike has several stacks to choose from. Why hasn't he been Sainted yet? :shrug:

I have a pair of Stradas he can have. 180/55 and 120/70. Couple of thousand miles but still good if you lean them over. ;)

Hood Ornament
November 14th, 2008, 12:13 AM
Maybe you could donate that backwards Pilot Road on your Busa. It's got plenty of tread in the other direction :lmao:

All I have laying around is an old front tire at the moment.

Hey, they work fine that way so long as it doesn't rain. I know this cause I've mounted em backwards more then once. :lmao:

jdugger
November 14th, 2008, 07:55 AM
Hey, they work fine that way so long as it doesn't rain. I know this cause I've mounted em backwards more then once. :lmao:

:+1:

I had mounted a Diablo front backwards once. I came back from an AR weekend commenting how it seemed to be grippier, only to discover the "mis-mount".

I later heard some folklore than the Diablo front actually works better in dry conditions mounted backwards.

scout
November 14th, 2008, 08:37 AM
I am sure he can find what he needs up at mike's shop...heck you could even mount it for him

Dmpc_TT
November 14th, 2008, 11:37 AM
Thanks guys, I need to fugure out the easiest way for me to pick up a tire to take over to him. He is by Joe Pool so I will just take him the tire and he will deal with mounting local to him. WHo is closest to FW?

Backmarker
November 15th, 2008, 09:02 PM
I live near PGBT and Marsh Ln. I'll be out 'til about 4-5pm tomorrow (Sunday). Not sure if that helps. I'm perfectly willing to set the tires outside my garage and pm you my address.