PDA

View Full Version : Range Day Saturday 3/14/09

Jus10
March 13th, 2009, 11:42 AM
Anyone want to hit the range tomorrow? Looks like it will be dry but a little chilly. We could save a few bucks and go to Alpine (outdoor) or hit Winchester (indoor).

I was thinking about Alpine around 3pm..

Bullwinkle
March 13th, 2009, 01:04 PM
What are you planning to shoot?

Jus10
March 13th, 2009, 01:24 PM
What are you planning to shoot?
The "plan" is pistols but I've got some scatter guns and shells if ya feel like downing some clay. :D

Bullwinkle
March 13th, 2009, 01:58 PM
The "plan" is pistols but I've got some scatter guns and shells if ya feel like downing some clay. :D

I got .22LR rifle and pistol for some cheap shooting fun as well.:D

Jus10
March 13th, 2009, 02:07 PM
I've been asking my brother to loan me his 22 rifle but he keeps "forgetting"

Bullwinkle
March 13th, 2009, 02:21 PM
Ok, I will bring the 22 rifle and pistol.

Virge B
March 13th, 2009, 03:52 PM
Wish I could go with you guys. I have the lovely task of pulling weeds tomorrow or I will get a nasty letter from the HOA.

:(

Jus10
March 13th, 2009, 04:20 PM
Wish I could go with you guys. I have the lovely task of pulling weeds tomorrow or I will get a nasty letter from the HOA.

:(

Dude, dont pull 'em. They're like grey hairs, if you pull one three more come back in its place. Just bust out the weedeater! We wont be going till mid afternoon you've got plenty of time!

Jus10
March 14th, 2009, 11:34 AM
we're going to hit the indoor range for some pistol practice about 3 if anyone wants to join us.

Bullwinkle
March 14th, 2009, 12:12 PM
we're going to hit the indoor range for some pistol practice about 3 if anyone wants to join us.

I will leave the rifle at home then.

Jus10
March 15th, 2009, 11:10 AM
Thats was fun. All the work put into that 40 really showed Gordon.

I had to do some ready about the 357 Sig after firing Travis's. Impressive power in such a small gun. Thats a great carry weapon!

The cheap ammo I got for the 45 doesnt group as well as the nicer stuff but it was fine for the range and no other complaints. The 9 had two stove pipes in 100 rounds of the cheap stuff.

After several attempts to get a new take down pin from Taurus the gun smith said I needed to give up and send the whole gun back to the manufacturer. The plan was to use this as my carry gun but with the problems I've had I'm thinking I should go another route. So many choices I just cant decide..... I liked the Glocks more than I thought I would. A revolver still has my interest and all those who praise a small keltec or the like are not forgotten either... what to do, what to do?

Bullwinkle
March 15th, 2009, 01:04 PM
I was fun, we need to go to Alpine when the weather get warmer. I got tired before I got to shoot the .22.

I liked the Glocks more than I thought I would. A revolver still has my interest and all those who praise a small keltec or the like are not forgotten either... what to do, what to do?

Get one of each to see what you like, Glock, Khar, HK, XD, 1911, S&W, and don't forget the Desert Eagle. :D

bjhughes
March 15th, 2009, 06:44 PM
I recently picked up a nice little S&W .38 airlight hammerless for pocket carry. It's the shizzle! I like the autos, but they are just too big to drop in the pocket.

I loaded it up with +P hollow point ammo...It's the perfect pocket gun (I use a Desantis pocket holster with it too).

Jus10
March 16th, 2009, 07:35 AM
One of each.. like I dont have enough bills already. :D

Thanks for the info BJ thats more what I'm leaning towards.

After posting yesterday I checked my bank account and Taurus has finally billed me for my replacement take down pin. I may get the 9mm back in order without having to mail it out afterall. :cool:

CBar
March 16th, 2009, 12:46 PM
I recently picked up a nice little S&W .38 airlight hammerless for pocket carry. It's the shizzle! I like the autos, but they are just too big to drop in the pocket.

I loaded it up with +P hollow point ammo...It's the perfect pocket gun (I use a Desantis pocket holster with it too).
:+1:

Exactly what I use, including the ammo.

F1
March 16th, 2009, 09:34 PM
.22's are great for practice, gets the bad habbits like recoil anticipation out the way cause there is none! I use a Hammerli .22 pistol regularly between shooting bigger cals.