PDA

View Full Version : LSTD Advanced rider school.!? Jesse say what?

jessejgzz
March 30th, 2009, 10:51 PM
Ok so I started out the year with the intent focus more on track days so I was very fortunate to have won and a ADVANCED RIDER SCHOOL with LSTD @ MSR CRESSON 1.7 MILE. I would like to thank all the LSTD crew and especially Tom A.(VFRacer-R) , Glen,Ronnie H. and last but not least Charles(Calamarikid) for putin up with me.

PS. Please critique constructively. 4th session of this day, first time at this track.Second track day of the weekend.:thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNOtcPgLcfo

CBar
March 31st, 2009, 07:33 PM
Looks good! B group. Saw myself on your vid, getting passed. :banghead: I let you by.....

Oskar_Z28
April 1st, 2009, 10:21 AM
Are you filming?

I take it it's a B group - people all over the place.

I have not been to that track so can't really comment on specifics, but here are couple general observations.

You're looking pretty good - still getting comfortable with passing right? I liked your pass on the brakes at around 1:40. It also seems you're squaring off some corners (turning in little too early) and scrubbing too much speed, but overall not too bad.

Keep practicing. My plan is for more track days this year too, but I am already running behind. I need to get the SV fixed and start getting out there.

jessejgzz
April 1st, 2009, 11:43 AM
Are you filming?

I take it it's a B group - people all over the place.

I have not been to that track so can't really comment on specifics, but here are couple general observations.

You're looking pretty good - still getting comfortable with passing right? I liked your pass on the brakes at around 1:40. It also seems you're squaring off some corners (turning in little too early) and scrubbing too much speed, but overall not too bad.

Keep practicing. My plan is for more track days this year too, but I am already running behind. I need to get the SV fixed and start getting out there.

See now that what i am talkin about !Thanks Oskar! Yea you are right on all counts and the person filming is "OLE" LSTD , I actualy noticed all the above mentioned after viewing myself on film WOW what a diferance i think this is gonna be a good thing for LSTD . :thumbsup:

Oskar_Z28
April 1st, 2009, 01:18 PM
Dude, I was critiquing the guy that was filming. I now see. The passing uncertainty is still there. That was the biggest obstacle for me and I am still not too good with it. I can't pass most people coming out of the turns due to my fat *** on a weak bike, so I have been focusing on the passing on the brakes. I took Ty's class couple times, and the main focus that I was working on is trail braking. You can carry so much mnore speed into the corner if you get the brakes right.

One thing I noticed is that on several occasions you drift off, which seems to cause you to brake more and square off the corner. Did you overestimate your speed? or were you not sure how tight the corner was until too late?

jessejgzz
April 1st, 2009, 02:42 PM
Well I guess I just do not want to stuff anyone in a corner and make for a bad day for all neverless I did find myself just waiting for people to go through a corner then try to pass on the exit wich I was unsucsesful at "I JOIN THE FAT ARSE CLUB ON A 600" and yea I just have to work on understanding the corners "line" entry and exit if you will but one thing I was very comfortable with the speed. I aint much but I will review at the same track at the end of the "season" and hope to see improvement.:D

VFRacer-R
April 2nd, 2009, 09:50 AM
Jesse, I saw a marked improvement in your riding that day from the am to the pm. Passing in the B group is tough because of the rules, I think you made some really good and safe passes!

Your riding looked smooth and quick, you just need to clean up your lines/ braking/ corner speed a bit. When making those passes, like we talked about in class, plan them and start thinking of your next pass based on the line you see the rider taking in the current corner or previous corners you may have spotted them.

I can throw a lot more down here for you in different technical areas to chew on, but like I mentioned that day, don't try to fix everything at once!

Besides, I can't just give this brilliance out for free! ;)

I kid, I kid...

jessejgzz
April 2nd, 2009, 11:47 AM
I will be back!! Garandamtee !!!