PDA

View Full Version : FTW Meeting 6/24/09

Jus10
June 22nd, 2009, 11:29 AM
Dang, it snuck up on me!

You know the drill.

Sammies, in FTW off Beach St. 7pm for dinner, 8pm for meeting.

Main topics will be:
Polo shirts.. still want one? Where's your money?
Go Carts.. will we ever get a race event set up?
Guest speaker.. ideas on another one?
Lake day.. beers at Oasis or maybe head to State Park?
Rides.. does anyone still do this? Will my bike even start?
Painkillers.. anyone have some extras?

See ya there!

ScottF4i
June 23rd, 2009, 07:45 PM
Main topics will be:
Polo shirts.. still want one? Where's your money? In the wife's account.
Go Carts.. will we ever get a race event set up? Hopefully.
Guest speaker.. ideas on another one? The motor-cop that gave me my 17 over ticket today.
Lake day.. beers at Oasis or maybe head to State Park? It is an offense to consume or display an open container of an alcoholic beverage in a public place or sell alcoholic beverages within a state park.

Rides.. does anyone still do this? Will my bike even start? No. No. Too hot for both.
Painkillers.. anyone have some extras? Yes, but since all questions have been answered, meeting adjourned and I won't be bringing them for you.

:na-na:See you guys there!

Wenkster
June 24th, 2009, 05:26 PM
Sorry, I will not be able to make the meeting. Need to do some work tonight. I do want to get a polo shirt so please let me who and how much $ to send. Oh, what colors are available. Thanks guys..how about trendsetters next Wednesday?

ScottF4i
June 24th, 2009, 08:20 PM
As you can see by the time of my posting I did not make it either. After having a tube put in my ear and going to my little one's swim lessons I couldn't drag myself out.
I also would like a polo. Please post some info on them.

Jus10
June 25th, 2009, 09:04 AM
We had a decent turn out. I had a couple of beers and started telling everyone "I love you man". If you werent there I cussed you and told everyone your deepest darkest secrets. Some of the stuff I just made up as I went along...

I spoke about mostly social stuff:
Go carts or Speed Zone - I'll post up more about later.
Bike wash - I need to touch base with Bob for more info.
Trendsetters - only held if a tornado is in the area.
Lake stuff - Grandma makes some mean flapjacks.
Eat drink and be merry - pool party or get together at MOFOJOES?

Then I told everyone how I sucked as a club officer:
I dont ride anymore, why do you guys still like me? - This where we all hugged and I told everyone how much I loved them. Carl got a little uncomfortable and after slapping me around said he would lead some rides out of Denton. This cheered up Chris who's new Prilla sounds as mean as it looks.

I still havent ordered the polo shirts - I suck I know but while I received lots of interest we've only received one check. Money talks folks! I'm sending the info out again to Brad, Scott, Mitch, and John. If anyone else needs the info let me know. I'll touch base with Mase to be sure the offer is still open.

Thats about it. The service was alittle better this time. The food tasted good, but my stomach wasnt too happy once we got home. I also realized that somehow my $24 dinner cost me $42. But that didn't register until it was too late. I think we need to rethink our meeting location...

Thanks to all who came out. :cool:

CBar
June 25th, 2009, 11:45 AM
At least you still have a bike. More than we can say about out president!

I am open to a new meeting place. I was a little worried than I wouldn't make it home in time! Interesting that the waitress wrote her tip amount on the checks....

Jus10
June 25th, 2009, 12:12 PM
I wana go back to Burger Junction one night, where it all started.... I bet they'd be happy to see us. mmm greasy burgers! We should hit 'em up on a Trendsetters!

Brad Felmey
June 25th, 2009, 07:56 PM
I wana go back to Burger Junction one night, where it all started.... I bet they'd be happy to see us. mmm greasy burgers! We should hit 'em up on a Trendsetters!

I think a Trendsetters scoping mission would do fine.

I responded to Carl (?) that I'm getting a shirt. No response yet so I dunno where to send $$.

Brad Felmey
June 25th, 2009, 07:57 PM
We had a decent turn out.
//snip//
Thanks to all who came out. :cool:

You forgot about the part where we talked about Stoops. :na-na:

Jus10
June 26th, 2009, 08:58 AM
You forgot about the part where we talked about Stoops. :na-na:

thats just a given. :na-na:

Wenkster
June 30th, 2009, 07:56 AM
Suggestion...How about Splitsville, in the highlands off of HWY 20, Nice area to meet outside to watch bikes...bowling for those that may want to show up early or hang later. I like the place...how about checking it out for Trendsetters this week, tomorrow? Who's in?