tojo92
September 19th, 2009, 02:28 PM
1995 Triumph Tiger 900

Mileage 59200 ( +/- still riding)

Asking 2200 **lowered price**
Contact Info
tojo92@msn.com or PM

Bike is in Katy, TX

It has been a fun bike, but I am eyeing one of those heavily discounted 2008 CBR1000's that are out there now all over.

The bike has been down once on the right side. So, there are scrapes on the bags, crash bars, and one one section of plastic. I was going to repaint it, but it really isn't that bad and being an ADV bike, I figure it would happen again. The bike has:

Recent battery
Recent tires
New air fillter and box (on these bikes, you replace the whole thing)
New chain
Recent sprockets
Throtlemeister
The three hard cases
Corbin Seat and original stock seat.
Hagon aftermarket shock

Only issues I know of are that in the true Triumph British bike fashion, it leave a few drop of oil if it sits for a while. Nothing major, and considering it hold 4 liters of oil, it is a non-issue.

These bikes are known as "Steamers" because they are built so solid. It is a big, stout bike. The sound is really quite cool, sort of like a Dodge Cummins Diesel. 59K on this motor is nothing.

http://6bkvqa.blu.livefilestore.com/y1p2tOWuSiEAmD4QZZVTWx2wPyUDrveRZECelxIQcY3tbkEqYQ THQIEM1yNjC5d96kazVR50jMvjX-Pxj9ZYz5dAZq0upBs4_9P/DSC_0129.jpg

here are the scrapes

http://6bkvqa.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pSaDzYPL8y8RS-RxEyhmc5Azejp-bPXEo0Am9Bf4Tre47H97kz1tHAYoUqSHZ5nnxBE-YgxfRi6j6QS0VUeq-Qk4jGyGN1yLO/tiger%20road%20rash.jpg

other pics

http://6bkvqa.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pobF8WuQx3CtGnLbGwtKzuiCYbdJR0xYeQf_if_pAI1LK-4IW_PHRozVQGkCZitaVO_eYfM0-m-WylIeLz_YZyHQCNYV7ZqrI/DSC_0132.jpg

http://6bkvqa.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pAN0k-WzXAUy48nOj4FS55YbNHoku2LzVgzoI_Ghk58qlNeRMYlX3Qz3 87rzBQY-OyV1mitW1kkyCQq_Edir0miOp0nl-XNgD/DSC_0130.jpg
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

tojo92
September 25th, 2009, 12:15 AM
Track bike trade?

tojo92
September 27th, 2009, 03:56 PM
I had a possible trade for an XR650L plus cash that didn't work out. I have decided to ask $2200 FIRM. If I get that price or some serious interest this week, it will sell. If there isn't any interest, I am going to fix the minor oil leak and check the valve clearance (I was going to do it at 60K anyway) and then keep it for a while.

FWIW, I have one person in Austin wanting the Corbin for $200, and the Hagon shock and centerstand for $300. I also have a person interested in the hard cases and mounting system for $300-$400. If you sold these items, you have a more stock Tiger, but you would in the bike for about $1300!

Thanks,
Staton

tojo92
September 29th, 2009, 08:03 PM
Thanks for the interest and PM's. I was contacted by a member of the TigerTriple.com forum from Alaska. He has offered to buy the bike and then fly in to ride to Big Bend around Thanksgiving. I really don't want to have to store the bike, but I have tentatively accepted his offer if the bike doesn't sell in one week. That way he isn't hanging and I have to make a decision. He seems like a stand up guy, so I am hopeful I am not being gullible. Bike Karma has been good, so I am hopeful the bike will sell locally, but if not, I have a possible backup.

I have been offered a trade for a decent track bike or possibly a XR650L. Both involve a trade plus possibly cash either coming or going. These are being discussed to see if either will work out. I am open to offers with or without trades, but if it's not gone by Tuesday, I need to keep my deal with the out of state buyer.

If anyone wants to check the bike out in person, please let me know. I am off on Friday to show it if needed.

Thanks,
Staton

tojo92
October 7th, 2009, 11:30 PM
Bike is sold, pending payment.
Thanks,
Staton

tojo92
October 11th, 2009, 11:16 AM
Payment received.

Sold!

KOCook
October 13th, 2009, 07:38 PM
Glad to hear it Staton. Welcome to the '08CBR1000RR club. :)

BTW, Staton takes very good care of his equipment so the buyer is getting a solid machine.

tojo92
October 13th, 2009, 10:01 PM
Thanks Kent.

No CBR1000RR yet. I am still considering it and a lot depends on the next few weeks. I did get an insurance quote and found out my agent wants $1616/year for full coverage. That's more than I am paying for the Bim and the KTM together. Seems high with three bikes.

I did get a local price of $8800, but that is still $1K total over what some of you guys got for going out of state. If I could get one local for $8200 local OTD, it would be very hard to turn down.

Still pondering. I'm a bit of a "serial collector". A CBR1000RR purchase may make me commit to keeping it a while! The horror!

Staton

Paul Sonderfan
October 14th, 2009, 11:43 AM
Thanks Kent.

A CBR1000RR purchase may make me commit to keeping it a while! The horror!

Staton

Not to mention, I remember "someone" saying "I don't NEED that much power". Hmmmm, who was that?:p

KOCook
October 14th, 2009, 12:38 PM
Staton, they are going for less than $7K in AR & OK. Even $8.2K is a bit high.

As for insurance, $1.6k for full coverage is about what I am paying for Liability & Uninsured Motorist only. Since mine is a track only toy, not going with anything more than that. Complete rip-off, but guess owning a squid bike puts me in their risk group.

Just a thought, you might want to check your limits for these two. You should consider buying the policy you want the guy who hits you to have.

Oskar_Z28
October 14th, 2009, 01:03 PM
I'm paying far less for liability / uninsured motorist for bikes in my sig - less than $500:

This is what I got

<TABLE id=ctl00_GeicoContent_tcCoverages_panel1_GridView1 style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 rules=all border=1><TBODY><TR><TD class=greenColL style="COLOR: navy">Bodily Injury Liability</TD><TD class=greenColR>$100,000/$300,000 Non Deductible</TD><TD class=whiteCol></TD><TD class=whiteCol></TD><TD class=whiteCol></TD></TR><TR><TD class=greenColL style="COLOR: navy">Property Damage Liability</TD><TD class=greenColR>$50,000 Non Deductible</TD><TD class=whiteCol></TD><TD class=whiteCol></TD><TD class=whiteCol></TD></TR><TR><TD class=greenColL style="COLOR: navy">Uninsured Motorist Bodily Injury</TD><TD class=greenColR>I Reject this Coverage Non Deductible</TD><TD class=whiteCol></TD><TD class=whiteCol></TD><TD class=whiteCol></TD></TR><TR><TD class=greenColL style="COLOR: navy">Uninsured Motorist Property Damage</TD><TD class=greenColR>$25,000 Non Deductible</TD><TD class=whiteCol></TD><TD class=whiteCol></TD><TD class=whiteCol></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

ZedX
October 14th, 2009, 01:56 PM
<TABLE id=ctl00_GeicoContent_tcCoverages_panel1_GridView1 style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 rules=all border=1><TBODY><TR><TD class=greenColL style="COLOR: navy">Bodily Injury Liability</TD><TD class=greenColR>$100,000/$300,000 Non Deductible</TD><TD class=whiteCol></TD><TD class=whiteCol></TD><TD class=whiteCol></TD></TR><TR><TD class=greenColL style="COLOR: navy">Property Damage Liability</TD><TD class=greenColR>$50,000 Non Deductible</TD><TD class=whiteCol></TD><TD class=whiteCol></TD><TD class=whiteCol></TD></TR><TR><TD class=greenColL style="COLOR: navy">Uninsured Motorist Bodily Injury</TD><TD class=greenColR>I Reject this Coverage Non Deductible</TD><TD class=whiteCol></TD><TD class=whiteCol></TD><TD class=whiteCol></TD></TR><TR><TD class=greenColL style="COLOR: navy">Uninsured Motorist Property Damage</TD><TD class=greenColR>$25,000 Non Deductible</TD><TD class=whiteCol></TD><TD class=whiteCol></TD><TD class=whiteCol></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Uninsured Motorist Bodily Injury.... Check your health insurance, some deny payment for auto accidents (where someone else was at fault maybe? ...mine did). I'd been screwed since in Louisiana the min coverage is $10K which is all the guy had. That was eaten up in the ER. The surgery that followed...:eek: I'll never be w/o un/underinsure coverage.

Oskar_Z28
October 14th, 2009, 02:03 PM
Uninsured Motorist Bodily Injury.... Check your health insurance, some deny payment for auto accidents (where someone else was at fault maybe? ...mine did). I'd been screwed since in Louisiana the min coverage is $10K which is all the guy had. That was eaten up in the ER. The surgery that followed...:eek: I'll never be w/o un/underinsure coverage.

My health ins covers accidents, but I know what you mean.

ZedX
October 14th, 2009, 03:41 PM
My health ins covers accidents, but I know what you mean.

Hope "The Public Option" does too! :p

mine had a "make whole" exception. they'd pay if you lost a body part. gee thanks. :wtf:

tojo92
October 14th, 2009, 09:29 PM
Not to mention, I remember "someone" saying "I don't NEED that much power". Hmmmm, who was that?:p

That was me. :o

Ok, a little more power might be nice at times...but I don't NEED it.

tojo92
October 14th, 2009, 09:41 PM
Staton, they are going for less than $7K in AR & OK. Even $8.2K is a bit high.

As for insurance, $1.6k for full coverage is about what I am paying for Liability & Uninsured Motorist only. Since mine is a track only toy, not going with anything more than that. Complete rip-off, but guess owning a squid bike puts me in their risk group.

Just a thought, you might want to check your limits for these two. You should consider buying the policy you want the guy who hits you to have.

If I could get one OTD door locally for $8,200, I was thinking I would be supporting a local shop and I don't have to give up a couple days. Not to mention dealing with getting the thing titled, etc. But, I need to rethink that.

I'll look into the insurance for just those two items. Good idea. I am pretty much overinsured everywhere else from work and personal policies. Product of my Dad being an insurance broker/agent and having three little ones and wife I don't want to stick with high bills should something bad happen.

It looks like more and more old sport bikes are coming out of the woodwork at pretty decent prices recently. I've found some older GSXR's and CBR900RR's that can be had for a little more than the insurance policy. With another grand in suspension upgrades, it would be fun and cheap to play with. It keeps me entertained as well.

I'm confused. :confused: I think I'll go have a drink.

Staton

KOCook
October 14th, 2009, 10:16 PM
That was me. :o

Ok, a little more power might be nice at times...but I don't NEED it.Need has got nothing to do with it. :D

KOCook
October 14th, 2009, 10:21 PM
Health insurance doesn't cover everything. If you end up in a bed for the rest of your life at the hand of someone who disappeared back across the border; a million dollar liability policy with an uninsured motorist feature won't even be enough.

ZedX
October 15th, 2009, 08:04 AM
If you end up in a bed for the rest of your life at the hand of someone who disappeared back across the border; a million dollar liability policy with an uninsured motorist feature won't even be enough.

HELLO!!! My wife still reads this forum occassionaly! STFU!! ;)

(soberring reality, the true risks involved)

Paul Sonderfan
October 15th, 2009, 08:27 AM
Need has got nothing to do with it. :D

That's what I tried to tell him.