PDA

View Full Version : Ride for LUN 2010

Jus10
March 9th, 2010, 02:35 PM
Dang I'm upset that I missed it. The weather wasnt nice last weekend so this weekend will have to do.

Four years ago we lost a friend during an SMR.

I will be riding down to Glen Rose on Sunday in honor of Darren "LUN" Webber if anyone would like to join me.

KSU 9am Mickey D's @ Sublet & 287.

EDITED TIME DUE TO TIME CHANGE. DONT FORGET TO SET YOUR CLOCKS FORWARD!

wrx_02
March 9th, 2010, 02:52 PM
Isn't this the same ride Scott posted for last Sunday that we moved to this Sunday 3/14 cause of weather?

Jus10
March 9th, 2010, 03:00 PM
Isn't this the same ride Scott posted for last Sunday that we moved to this Sunday 3/14 cause of weather?

Sorta, kinda.. I didn't realize where Scott was planning on going last weekend. Yes, the route will be the same, but my intentions include a short stop on 51 to check out the condition of the marker and any new activity. All in the honor of a lost friend.

wrx_02
March 9th, 2010, 03:06 PM
Sorta, kinda.. I didn't realize where Scott was planning on going last weekend. Yes, the route will be the same, but my intentions include a short stop on 51 to check out the condition of the marker and any new activity. All in the honor of a lost friend.

Well I dunno who all planned on going on Scott's ride but I am sure no one will have a problem with stopping.

I won't mind I will have to stretch my legs a lot. :whyme:

bjhughes
March 9th, 2010, 03:24 PM
I've made the last 2, but won't be able to make this one. I'll be there in spirit.

RIP Darren (LUN).

ZedX
March 9th, 2010, 04:02 PM
I'm out of state this weekend. Thanks for making the trip to remember LUN. I'll never forget his happy attitude and loud pipe. ;) :cool:

NathanH
March 9th, 2010, 05:32 PM
Thanks, Justin. My thoughts will be with you guys, too.

ScottF4i
March 9th, 2010, 08:34 PM
Justin- Count me in. Whatever route you want to take I'm ok with.

Jus10
March 10th, 2010, 09:21 AM
I updated the launch time to 9am due to daylight savings time. Good call on Virge's part. :cool:

wrx_02
March 10th, 2010, 09:29 AM
Daylight savings time always scares me cause I always think my phone won't spring forward. :(

Jus10
March 10th, 2010, 11:43 AM
well it is Y2K10.. ya never know. ;)

Brad Felmey
March 10th, 2010, 01:44 PM
Wx is supposed to be mid-60s and sunshine, starting the morning in the 40s. That will do nicely.

Wenkster
March 10th, 2010, 06:31 PM
Justin,

I'm also going to try to make this ride.

ScottF4i
March 10th, 2010, 07:29 PM
If you're not on this ride, you're not one of the cool kids.

Zop
March 10th, 2010, 10:41 PM
I would love to go, but I will driving back from LA State Match Sunday.:(

Brad Felmey
March 11th, 2010, 12:57 PM
Justin,

I'm also going to try to make this ride.

:eek:

Who are you? :confused:

:na-na:

wrx_02
March 11th, 2010, 02:39 PM
I am sure it is cool if I bring a friend? Of course I will have to lie and say you guys are really cool so he will come, only to be disappointed. :thumbsup:

Jus10
March 12th, 2010, 09:00 AM
I am sure it is cool if I bring a friend? Of course I will have to lie and say you guys are really cool so he will come, only to be disappointed. :thumbsup:

All are welcome as long as they wear the club approved gear and ride within our rules. If there are any questions as to the limits of gear or rules please let me know. We will have a short meeting before we leave to insure everyone has the proper gear and understands the ride rules. Rarely is someone sent away from a ride but it has happened for things like leaky brakes or bald tires.

HTH

wrx_02
March 12th, 2010, 09:32 AM
I have not been told any rules but Helmet, Jacket, Gloves, Jeans (at least) and Boots that cover the ankle? Am I right?

I also keep meaning to ask if I get like a member card or something cause someone said something about discounts at Cyclegear or Motoliberty? I gotta bring that up at the end of the month.

CBar
March 12th, 2010, 11:06 AM
Requirements:

Although the club rides are open for anyone, the TSBA requires the following safety gear in order to participate in a club ride. Failing to meet the requirements below will result in you being asked to rejoin us at a future time when proper gear is present and being worn.

Full-face helmet
Solid boots that cover the ankles
Leather gloves
Long-sleeved leather, denim, textile gear, or other abrasion-resistant jacket
Full-length pants, preferably jeans, leather, or textile gear
Note: Although full-body riding gear is not required to participate in a group ride, it is strongly encouraged for all riders.

wrx_02
March 12th, 2010, 11:14 AM
Requirements:

Although the club rides are open for anyone, the TSBA requires the following safety gear in order to participate in a club ride. Failing to meet the requirements below will result in you being asked to rejoin us at a future time when proper gear is present and being worn.

Full-face helmet
Solid boots that cover the ankles
Leather gloves
Long-sleeved leather, denim, textile gear, or other abrasion-resistant jacket
Full-length pants, preferably jeans, leather, or textile gear
Note: Although full-body riding gear is not required to participate in a group ride, it is strongly encouraged for all riders.

By solid boots you mean like maybe work boots? I don't ride with anyone that does not wear a jacket/helmet/gloves.

CBar
March 12th, 2010, 11:32 AM
No tennis shoes on SMR's. A hiking boot or something similar that covers the ankle is OK.

Jus10
March 13th, 2010, 11:33 PM
Tire pressure is good, helmet is clean, suit and boots are dirty but laid out. I set my clock forward and mounted my bag with route typed up. See ya there!

ScottF4i
March 14th, 2010, 06:12 AM
Well boys & girls this kiddo is going to back out. Been up since about 4 with some kind of sinus b.s. and haven't slept.
Have fun, be safe and my prayers go out to Lun and his family.

CBar
March 14th, 2010, 07:19 AM
Meow! :violin:

Wenkster
March 14th, 2010, 08:00 AM
I'm out too, not feeling 100% for riding bike. Have a great ride for Lun.

Jus10
March 14th, 2010, 03:57 PM
My navigation skills are a bit rusty but we had a good time. Thanks to all the nine riders who made it. It was a great day, LUN would have loved it!

ScottF4i
March 14th, 2010, 08:20 PM
That is an awsome turn out. I wish I would have felt better. Just didn't think it would be safe to ride without enough sleep.

Brad Felmey
March 14th, 2010, 10:06 PM
I was sick, but dragged out of bed at 6AM to make this anyway. Randi and I left but the header fell off my engine (!) and we had to turn around and limp back home. :(

Glad a good ride was had.

wrx_02
March 14th, 2010, 11:47 PM
It was a great ride... very happy we could all get together. I will try to show you guys a little video if I can get it uploaded.

-=sean)=-
March 15th, 2010, 01:14 PM
Pics? (even from mobile phone)

wrx_02
March 15th, 2010, 01:16 PM
Pics? (even from mobile phone)

Chris took pictures. I tried to upload the video and get a youtube started but my Computer would not see the SDHC card :(

I think I will have to do some work to get it set up.:wtf: Hopefully I can fix it tonight.

wrx_02
March 16th, 2010, 04:50 PM
Pictures I got from Erik.... I gotta get a SDHC card reader for the Video I got. I am having computer issues. I will get them up hopefully soon.

Tire Issues:
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d141/wrx_02/photo1.jpg
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d141/wrx_02/photo-1.jpg

Lunch Time:
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d141/wrx_02/photo2.jpg

ZedX
March 16th, 2010, 06:53 PM
Mmmmmmmm...Hammonds. :chow:

wrx_02
March 17th, 2010, 10:42 AM
Took forever to load but here ya go!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HV2WdsrJZoU

****it my friend messed with the settings and it only recorded in 480p :(

Jus10
March 17th, 2010, 11:48 AM
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/4387/lunride31410.jpg

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/8782/lunride314104.jpg

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/256/lunride314102.jpg

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/2033/lunride314103.jpg

Jus10
March 17th, 2010, 12:51 PM
Thanks again to all who joined me Sunday on our ride in honor of Darren. I try to keep in touch with his mother and I let her know that everything went well and Darren would have loved the ride.

She wrote me back and I wanted to share some of the letter I received:

Mankind has been given freedom of choice and life is full of choices. God does not let or make bad things happen - HE does not choose for us nor does HE interfere with the Laws of Nature. What happens to each of us is a result of our choices, time, circumstances, the choices of others, and how/when the Laws of Nature collide though time and space. What HE does do though - is grant each of us wisdom, strength, courage, and peace to help us though what we do not and can not possibly understand.

Through the miles, always know that you, all of you, are thought of often. As difficult as it was and still is for you, I am so thankful that you and the other riders were the ones with Darren that fateful day. Somehow, in God's plan - I believe HE provides Darren with the ability to experience our thoughts & feelings.....and smile. Darren was so lucky to have chosen to join the TSBA - Dallas chapter - we understand why - you ALL are family and truly care about each other.

CBar
March 17th, 2010, 01:01 PM
--------

wrx_02
March 17th, 2010, 01:07 PM
http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/2033/lunride314103.jpg

Jc screwed up the picture :naughty:

Jus10
March 17th, 2010, 01:25 PM
Jc screwed up the picture :naughty:
every group needs an oddball ;)