PDA

View Full Version : Camp Creek On Eagle Mountain Lake With The Boat

0hi0
May 29th, 2010, 07:04 AM
All Weekend!

The wife witnessed a skier getting ran over by their own boat yesterday. Now she won't pull me because she is scared. If you have nothing to do and know how to drive a boat, stop on by!

BTW, it wasn't that busy yesterday. We had plenty of room.

Inlaw1
May 29th, 2010, 09:05 AM
Well, I'm an excellent helmsman.... to bad your not at Canyon Lake! :)

Have fun! Be careful!

wrx_02
May 29th, 2010, 09:11 AM
Sorry Hank, it looks like I will be busy with the gold tourny. Maybe later this weekend or next time.

0hi0
May 30th, 2010, 09:24 PM
Excellent day today!

wrx_02
June 1st, 2010, 09:39 AM
Pictures?

ZedX
June 1st, 2010, 10:53 AM
Excellent day today!

We had a great day on Ray Hubbard Saturday and then Lake Grapevine Sunday. Not overly crowed at all (no more than a usual weekend) and great weather!

0hi0
June 1st, 2010, 07:54 PM
Pictures?

When are you going to come out and show us how it is done?

wrx_02
June 2nd, 2010, 08:12 AM
I mean I can water ski but that just makes me look old. I will give wake boarding a shot though. :D

0hi0
June 2nd, 2010, 08:23 AM
I mean I can water ski but that just makes me look old. I will give wake boarding a shot though. :D

If your a little timid, we can start you on the tube!

Btw, the wake board is flipping hard to get up on. However, it's the only thing I can use so far. Those ski's are whooping me up.

I'm really surprised that I had to delete pictures to add new ones?.?.?.

ZedX
June 2nd, 2010, 09:26 AM
Btw, the wake board is flipping hard to get up on. However, it's the only thing I can use so far. .

I got up on a wake board my first attempt. I've yet to be able to stay up on one for more than a few seconds though. :whyme:

wrx_02
June 2nd, 2010, 10:50 AM
^^^ You need to be invited and we can take the Go Pro Bwhahahaha.

0hi0
June 2nd, 2010, 11:07 AM
I got up on a wake board my first attempt. I've yet to be able to stay up on one for more than a few seconds though. :whyme:

I'm able to stay up on the board no problem. I either get tired or the the person driving the boat goes too fast or slow.

The ski's on the other hand, I'm able to get up but not for long!:mad:

wrx_02
June 2nd, 2010, 11:26 AM
Ski's are easy......... About 25mph as long as it is not choppy I can ski all day.

ZedX
June 2nd, 2010, 01:06 PM
Ski's are easy......... About 25mph as long as it is no choppy I can sky all day.

same here...the wake board needs a few less mph (from what i'm told)

The guy I went with gave me perfect instructions on how to get up and he was a really good/experienced boat driver, plus his boat was made for boarding and he had all the ballast set and cruise control on.

I think my issue with the board was trying to use it as a slalom. You [must?] need to distribute your weight differently. :confused:

Funny thing....I can slalom till I'm worn out, but can't ski on two for anything. I do use a drop ski to get up these days though. I'm still using my Jobe from when I was 145lbs. I might need a fat boy ski or at least a boat with more HP to keep me from submarining when trying to get up on just the slalom.

0hi0
June 2nd, 2010, 02:16 PM
Ok ZedX and wrx_02, I'm calling you both out!

This Saturday we will be at Eagle Mountain lake again. This is going to be my last weekend till the end of the month. My company is sending me to West Texas then Houston. So might as well make my last weekend a good one!

9am

12792 Indian Creek West
Fort Worth TX 76179
817-236-6111
info@creekharbor.com

wrx_02
June 2nd, 2010, 02:22 PM
:( I have a family Birthday thing planned. My life is full of interruptions.
I will continue to check with you on lake trips though.

ZedX
June 2nd, 2010, 02:48 PM
Ok ZedX and wrx_02, I'm calling you both out!

This Saturday we will be at Eagle Mountain lake again.

9am

12792 Indian Creek West
Fort Worth TX 76179
817-236-6111
info@creekharbor.com

Man....that's the other side of the world from us and 9a is coffee and nutt scratching time on the couch on a saturday! :naughty: :p

make that afternoonish it might be possible. And maybe a closer lake? Grapevine? I'm coming from Allen.

My 19 pitch prop should be in by then. The 21 just doesn't get er dun with the lil 3.0L 4 banger Mecruiser I have. She sips fuel compared to the bigger motors and is perfect for cruising around soaking up sun, but to get my 240# lard azz out the water, she's gonna need some prop. http://bbs.tsba.org/imagehosting/19754c0461580ea17.gif

0hi0
June 2nd, 2010, 02:50 PM
Man....that's the other side of the world from us and 9a is coffee and nutt scratching time on the couch on a saturday! :naughty: :p

make that afternoonish it might be possible. And maybe a closer lake? Grapevine? I'm coming from Allen.

My 19 pitch prop should be in by then. The 21 just doesn't get er dun with the lil 3.0L 4 banger Mecruiser I have. She sips fuel compared to the bigger motors and is perfect for cruising around soaking up sun, but to get my 240# lard azz out the water, she's gonna need some prop. http://bbs.tsba.org/imagehosting/19754c0461580ea17.gif

Just ride your moto over whenever you can arrive. I'll pm you my number.

Man, you guys remind me of my wife, lots of excuses!

ZedX
June 2nd, 2010, 03:01 PM
Just ride your moto over whenever you can arrive. I'll pm you my number.

Man, you guys remind me of my wife, lots of excuses!

Oh...i was gonna bring my boat.

BUT...speaking of excuses...I was just reminded this weekend is the Leamons race out at ECR. MikeN races the series and I've been wanting to check it out.

btw----you may soon learn...I have a rep for backing out of things. :p

wrx_02
June 2nd, 2010, 03:33 PM
Sorry Hank I am a busy guy. You should hear the excuses I give to my gf.