PDA

View Full Version : Tire Changer

wrx_02
August 16th, 2010, 10:06 AM
Well looks like the changer is at my house.
Anyone needs my number PM me or you can get it from Chris, Carl or Justin. They all have it.

Just give me a couple days heads up for a tire change and if I can I'll do it that day, if I have time.

I look forward to helping you guys with changes and learning this new machine. It is close to what I have used and have been trying to get some no mar for it online, other than the part we already have.

bjhughes
August 16th, 2010, 10:53 AM
What No Mar stuff do you need?

I have a Coats 220 machine and last year I bought the No Mar upgrade kit. Some stuff I use; some stuff I don't use. For example, I don't care for the No Mar tire attachment or the No Mar mounting bar.

If your little FTW chapter has a few bucks in the bank, I might entertain an offer. I'll even give a discount.

wrx_02
August 16th, 2010, 11:12 AM
I am not sure. :confused:

We got a box of stuff some of it clips on to the Bar that is came with. I dunno if I really like them. Might just tape them up like most people do.

But on the bottom of the changer where you pop the tire off. I would like no mar for those. . Thought about making them out of rubber. I can take pictures if what I said doesn't make sense.

bjhughes
August 16th, 2010, 02:37 PM
I have the Nomar wheel holder thing (3 metal arms - fits on the Nomar or Coats base) with Posi Clamps (picture here: http://www.nomartirechanger.com/products/12) and the mount/dismount bar (picture here: http://www.nomartirechanger.com/products/6).

I'll sell it all for $100. No shipping - you pick it up.

wrx_02
August 16th, 2010, 03:12 PM
I will bring it up at the meeting. I don't think those clamps are the right ones. The ones on the coats don't have a post on them like what you have pictured. They more or less click into place.

bjhughes
August 16th, 2010, 03:45 PM
The clamps work fine and they don't fit onto the Coats wheel base. They are attached to the Nomar base that replaces the base on the Coats machine...it's the entire wheel holder with clamps. Nomar offered a kit that fits on the Coats to basically turn it into a Nomar machine. If you prefer Nomar to the Coats, you would simply use these parts to retrofit the machine.

The Nomar stuff replaces the Coats clamps and wheel holder frame.

Mr. PL
August 16th, 2010, 06:25 PM
The Nomar stuff is GREAT! We upgraded our Coats 220 with tne Nomar kit. Guaranteed not to scratch your wheels and I think it holds the rim better.

(Hold the chrome jokes.) :naughty:

wrx_02
August 17th, 2010, 08:15 AM
The Nomar stuff is GREAT! We upgraded our Coats 220 with tne Nomar kit. Guaranteed not to scratch your wheels and I think it holds the rim better.

(Hold the chrome jokes.) :naughty:

Where is Zippy when you need him :lmao:

ZedX
August 17th, 2010, 08:29 AM
Where is Zippy when you need him :lmao:

Likely changing tires on the Dallas pwr tire changer! :na-na:

wrx_02
August 17th, 2010, 09:07 AM
pwr changer?!?!?!

Ours is powered! WITH BEER!

windsor
August 17th, 2010, 04:54 PM
Yeah, well, it has been seen ripping the bead off of brand new rubber, so don't get too jealous. :D

Also, it came at the cost of losing a good friend and rider. :(

wrx_02
August 17th, 2010, 04:59 PM
Well if that is the only way to get one I will keep this one :D

Anyone hit me up for a change. I am ready to try this thing out.

ZedX
August 17th, 2010, 05:50 PM
Yeah, well, it has been seen ripping the bead off of brand new rubber, so don't get too jealous. :D

worked perfectly for me. :na-na:

windsor
August 17th, 2010, 07:06 PM
worked perfectly for me. :na-na:

The one or two times I had tires done on it (before TSBA took ownership), it worked fine then, too.

just sayin', it's eaten at least one tire.

Mr. PL
August 17th, 2010, 08:24 PM
pwr changer?!?!?!

Ours is powered! WITH BEER!

That's what I'm talkin' 'bout!:thumbsup:

wrx_02
September 3rd, 2010, 01:36 PM
So Jc and I got a tire mounted. It was pretty easy once we figured it out. :yippee:

I dunno if I trust the balancer cause it was so easy to use. I only see maybe a couple little things we need Chris. We got the bar all fixed up to not mar the wheels.

Someone else pm so we can change another one! Let's use this **** thing.

ScottF4i
September 4th, 2010, 12:14 AM
Maybe I'll bring over the wheels and tires I got for the car.

wrx_02
September 4th, 2010, 10:00 AM
Maybe I'll bring over the wheels and tires I got for the car.

Can we change car tires with it? Better question, Can we balance them?

Looks like I will need more beer. :whyme:

ScottF4i
September 4th, 2010, 01:34 PM
I know car tires can be changed, we did trailer tires on it too. Balance isn't as big a deal- I can get that done on a machine.

wrx_02
September 5th, 2010, 07:04 AM
Well then maybe you can show me :D

Ninja Master 10R
September 6th, 2010, 07:55 AM
The one or two times I had tires done on it (before TSBA took ownership), it worked fine then, too.

just sayin', it's eaten at least one tire.

Uhh, maybe those guys are charging up with beer......before the tire change........did anybody give them the order you're supposed to to it in?

1. change tire
2. drink beer and congradulate each other on a good tire change

hope that helps.:na-na:

ZedX
September 7th, 2010, 07:11 PM
Uhh, maybe those guys are charging up with beer......before the tire change........did anybody give them the order you're supposed to to it in?

1. change tire
2. drink beer and congradulate each other on a good tire change

hope that helps.:na-na:

LOL... the funny thing is the guy that does most the work is allergic to alcohol!! ...I know...how bad does THAT suck?!?!? :eek:

As for the damaged rims....I beleive there was a mechanical issue that was remedied. I know one of mine was damaged (lets just say the rotational mass is a bit less :mischief:)...but due to user error (my error :o).

wrx_02
February 14th, 2011, 10:34 AM
Been changing a bunch of tires. I had to swap my own. Frank has a appointment for Wednesday and changed a set for Joe last night.

Anyone else need a tire change let me know!

dbaldwin
February 15th, 2011, 06:26 PM
I have the Nomar wheel holder thing (3 metal arms - fits on the Nomar or Coats base) with Posi Clamps (picture here: http://www.nomartirechanger.com/products/12) and the mount/dismount bar (picture here: http://www.nomartirechanger.com/products/6).

I'll sell it all for $100. No shipping - you pick it up.

Hey, I'll take this
http://www.nomartirechanger.com/products/6

Name your price.

bjhughes
February 16th, 2011, 08:03 AM
Hey, I'll take this
http://www.nomartirechanger.com/products/6

Name your price.

You can have it. I don't ever use it. I'll give it to you next time I see you.

Ninja Master 10R
February 17th, 2011, 03:08 PM
Been changing a bunch of tires. I had to swap my own. Frank has a appointment for Wednesday and changed a set for Joe last night.

Anyone else need a tire change let me know!

I feel for you, i bought that NoMar to change mine, i've probably changed 30 in the last year now! Need to start charging.

wrx_02
February 17th, 2011, 03:44 PM
I feel for you, i bought that NoMar to change mine, i've probably changed 30 in the last year now! Need to start charging.

I am just glad we are using it. Lets see I have used it to change Jc's tires, mine, frank's and Joe's. I have probably used it 3 times myself and Jc has used it twice.

Anyone else give me a call and come on over. I am getting pretty fast at it although I dunno if I trust the bubble balancer. :wtf:
I can find the heavy spot with the tire one way then turn it so the heavy spot is on a different side and it will be dead on or off a bit more?

Not sure what the issue is but I have had mine up to 130mph and no issues.

Jus10
February 18th, 2011, 09:21 AM
Not sure what the issue is but I have had mine up to 130mph and no issues.

130mph? Shoot thats nothing. I knew someone with an F3 that did like 160, but it had mods out the waz. :lmao:

Ninja Master 10R
February 18th, 2011, 09:21 AM
Static balancing sucks, but it's all i can do, works good on sportbikes, not so good on others.

bjhughes
February 18th, 2011, 10:37 AM
Static balancing sucks

Why waste your time? It's my opinion that the wheels need the balancing, not the tires. The tires are just too good these days (and the processes used to make them). They are not the problem.

I quit messing with the balancer several years ago. Just leave the wheel weights alone and mount the new tires...never had a problem (up to 130 anyway...160 is just crazy fast...and I can't handle an F3 :eek:).

wrx_02
February 18th, 2011, 10:47 AM
Heard you can do 160 at TWS? Usually in the 120 at ECR so I don't plan on any faster than that.

CBar
February 18th, 2011, 12:58 PM
Why waste your time? It's my opinion that the wheels need the balancing, not the tires. The tires are just too good these days (and the processes used to make them). They are not the problem.

I quit messing with the balancer several years ago. Just leave the wheel weights alone and mount the new tires...never had a problem (up to 130 anyway...160 is just crazy fast...and I can't handle an F3 :eek:).

I also follow this. Most new tires have a red dot (or something) on them. Line the dot up with the valve stem. I have done a few top speed runs and I haven't had any issues in the last few years of doing my own tires.

Fureinku
February 18th, 2011, 01:34 PM
we couldnt find a red dot on my tire, but we removed the old weights an it balanced fine without any weights, i did 110 yesterday and it felt fine

wrx_02
February 18th, 2011, 02:01 PM
we couldnt find a red dot on my tire, but we removed the old weights an it balanced fine without any weights, i did 110 yesterday and it felt fine

We took the old weights off cause they were the clip on ones. They were in the way when removing the tire. Check his wheel multiple times on the balancer and some times it was slightly off but mostly centered.

Needless to say when Frank goes to his first track day I suggest everyone bring your camera to watch the carnage. :eek:
(that wheel should be fine. :D)

wrx_02
August 2nd, 2011, 02:28 PM
Bump..... I havent been using it too much this season. Only did about 3 trackdays so far.

Someone bring me some tires and a set of wheels and we can get them done for ya over some beer.

CBar
August 2nd, 2011, 02:39 PM
Someone bring me some tires and a set of wheels and we can get them done for ya over some beer.

I have my own tire changer, but I'll come to your place next time since you're serving beer.
:drinkbuddy:

wrx_02
August 2nd, 2011, 02:41 PM
I have my own tire changer, but I'll come to your place next time since you're serving beer.
:drinkbuddy:

Just call me and we can set up a day after work. I do have beer I just ask that you get your hands dirty also.

Dmpc_TT
September 17th, 2011, 08:05 AM
I am need of a front tire change..... :-)

texting Jus10 now~

CBar
September 17th, 2011, 10:18 AM

texting Jus10 now~

Sent you an email with Brandon's info.

wrx_02
September 17th, 2011, 10:22 AM

texting Jus10 now~

Shoot me a text I will be around this weekend. I just changed a couple sets for Allen and Jc so I won't have to take 10 mins to figure out, "how do I do this again?" :lmao: