PDA

View Full Version : 1996 zx6e for sale

zachary
February 7th, 2011, 08:34 PM
The good. She runs, and runs fast. The bike is in excellent cosmetic shape for its age. It has a polished frame and is clean. Its got around 18k on it. Im accepting offers on the bike. No reasonable offer will be refused. I need this bike out of the garage. I have two others that Im completely satisfied with, and just down have the time to play with this one anymore. The bad... Needs fork seals replaced (I have the parts, including the bushings, seals, dust covers etc) The throttle cables probably should be replaced. The bike rides just fine, but the return cable is very slow to actually return the throttle. Built in cruise control?:p Depending how you ride, there are probably 1000 miles left on the tires. Lots of fun, and good for less than tall riders. Make me an offer. Dont be an idiot, but do make an offer. I can text pics if youre interested.

SweetRX6
February 7th, 2011, 08:51 PM
Best Of Luck!!!

The Big Spank Daddy
February 8th, 2011, 08:13 PM
Define "resonable offer".

zachary
February 8th, 2011, 10:40 PM
As in a fair market value. In otherwords..no I wont sell it for 500 dollars. Cash and trades, good trades, or an offer that means you get what you want,and so do I.

Ninja Master 10R
February 9th, 2011, 11:01 AM
$501.00 and some slightly used track tires.

zachary
February 9th, 2011, 01:02 PM
Ha! How about 501, some slightly used track tires and a two week paid vacation in august.

Ninja Master 10R
February 9th, 2011, 03:25 PM
:paranoid: Hmmmmm, interesting.............

The Big Spank Daddy
February 9th, 2011, 07:16 PM
Hmm, I was thinking about asking $1500 for my '96 ZX1100E2. Since the 600 is about half the size,how about $750?

Okay, I'll throw in some used tires too.

Mr. PL
February 9th, 2011, 09:23 PM
$501.00 and some slightly used track tires with chicken stips.

Fixed! :na-na:

tojo92
February 9th, 2011, 11:22 PM
Hmm, I was thinking about asking $1500 for my '96 ZX1100E2. Since the 600 is about half the size,how about $750?

Okay, I'll throw in some used tires too.

1500 for a ZX11 you say? Send me info and pics.

Staton

Ninja Master 10R
February 10th, 2011, 07:49 AM
Fixed! :na-na:

Thanks!

scottm
February 12th, 2011, 08:29 AM
1500 for a ZX11 you say? Send me info and pics.

this is just a guess, but I think the zx1100e is otherwise known as a gpz1100, not a zx-11.

tojo92
February 12th, 2011, 09:24 AM
this is just a guess, but I think the zx1100e is otherwise known as a gpz1100, not a zx-11.

You sir, are correct.

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?p=721968

I think the $1,500 was a joke, but if it isn't, a GPZ1100 for $1,500 would still be fun. :happyrider:

BSD?

Paul Young
February 12th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Wait, the front end on those older gpzs looks like the spinly forks on my old Connie.... am I missing something?

The Big Spank Daddy
February 12th, 2011, 05:33 PM
The actual model designation per Kawasaki and on the title is ZX1100E2!

Yes, the popular name for it is a GPZ1100. It has the same engine as a ZX11, but with different cams and carbs. It has 125 hp at the rear wheel (dyno sheet to on hand to document), factory hard bags, Corbin seat with back rest, Venturi-back pack system, new exhaust (factory), recent full tune-up with a new battery and valve adjustment, all fluids changed, including the coolant with ELC and water wetter, new flush mount front turn signals (installed today), Zero Garvity euro dark smoke windshield, bar rizers, somethin miester throttle lock, grip heaters, DID ZVM chain (chain and sprokets 75% good or better), Super Bike grips. Everything works, clock, fuel gauage, lights, speedo and tach. it has never sat outside except to ride it. It has always been kept inside or under a cover. Oil and fliter changed every 2K miles. Compression test was done at tune-up and it was 225psi on each cylinder. A leak down test was also done and it had only 5% leakage on all cylinders. After market rear shock, not sure of the brand. Factory service manual and I have all of the original parts, seat, shock etc.

Now the down side,

It was crashed before I got it. There is a very small dent on the upper left of the tank, not noticible until you look at it twice. When I had it a woman backed into me breaking the upper fairning and front fender. I replace the fender and repaired the fairing. Not noticible from three feet away, but get up close, like 6" away and look hard you can see where it was repaired. It has 85K miles, but runs glass smooth. It does need front brakes and front rotors now and the right fork seal is leaking. I plan on repairing theses items before the riding season in a couple months. I already have the fork seals. It still has the original rear rotor and brake, because I rarely use the rear brake. The reflective decals on the wheels are pretty shot, due to numorous tire changes and cleanings.

As for the fairing repair, ask any Houston member who has seen it. You cannot tell if you did not know. If you want pics, email me and I'll send some.

tojo92
February 12th, 2011, 06:59 PM
It's official, threadjkacked like a mofo...:lmao:

The Big Spank Daddy
February 12th, 2011, 11:08 PM
Ouch, I was just thinking that. Thinking we should apologize and move on. Any interest in my ZX11 wanta-be should be on another thread. Lets say we hijack one of Gary Stoops’ threads:thumbsup: <O:p</O:p

zachary
February 13th, 2011, 01:00 PM
It's official, threadjkacked like a mofo...:lmao:
haha. Dude, I was seriously considering changing the subject to something that doesnt even have to do with motorcycles at all...like finding a picture of a great *** or a gif of an elephant screwing a camel or something to that effect. :na-na:

The Big Spank Daddy
February 13th, 2011, 01:29 PM
If we get an officer to remove our hyjack post, will it ruin our post count?

ZedX
February 13th, 2011, 01:49 PM
If we get an officer to remove our hyjack post, will it ruin our post count?

Every removed post reduces your post count. Of cource post counts are easily changed in the AdminCP. ...and I can be bought...cheap. :mischief:

ZedX
February 13th, 2011, 01:51 PM
haha. Dude, I was seriously considering changing the subject to something that doesnt even have to do with motorcycles at all...like finding a picture of a great *** or a gif of an elephant screwing a camel or something to that effect. :na-na:

Carefull...the local PETA branch of the club gets all bent out of shape about pics of animal love'n. :naughty:

:p

zachary
February 17th, 2011, 07:55 PM
Carefull...the local PETA branch of the club gets all bent out of shape about pics of animal love'n. :naughty:

:p

I wonder how upset they get when they find out how many worms and beetles and butterflies and dragonflies get demolished on any given smr. :( peta bread is pretty good.

The Big Spank Daddy
February 18th, 2011, 07:33 AM
After hyjacking this thread I believe everyone forgot what it was really about........except me! I might have a buyer for the zx6, cross your fingers and let see if we can help here.

zachary
February 18th, 2011, 05:35 PM
After hyjacking this thread I believe everyone forgot what it was really about........except me! I might have a buyer for the zx6, cross your fingers and let see if we can help here.
Thanks for the help and eyes!

The Big Spank Daddy
February 18th, 2011, 06:31 PM
Got the pic. i'll pass it on Monday when I go back to work.

zachary
April 18th, 2011, 09:45 AM
bump, bike is back up for sale, but now has rebuilt front forks, almost brand new tires on it. Will trade for track bike, + cash for right bike.

zachary
April 19th, 2011, 01:58 PM
Link to show bike runs great.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFipKVE_D20&feature=player_embedded