PDA

View Full Version : Ride for LUN 6-Mar

Jus10
February 20th, 2011, 10:14 PM
Please join me for a smr down south in celebration of our friend Darren LUN Webber.

Meet at McD's, Sublett & 287.
KSU 9:30

As usual, pace will be easy. Short stop on 51 then lunch at Hammonds. The route home can be slabbed or twisted the we came. I'll try to bring a few route maps for any newb's.

All riders welcome.

bjhughes
February 21st, 2011, 07:33 AM
Might have a schedule conflict, but I'll be there if I can.

Jus10
February 21st, 2011, 09:13 AM
Might have a schedule conflict, but I'll be there if I can.

Way too easy to pick on the old retired guy with a schedule conflict, but you can outride me so I'll keep my mouth shut. :D

bjhughes
February 21st, 2011, 10:08 AM
I wasn't this busy when I did work! Actually work just got in the way of all the fun stuff I never had time for before. I should have quit years ago!

wrx_02
February 21st, 2011, 10:09 AM
I will call my group that don't check the forum. Bring it up at the meeting this week.

Jus10
February 21st, 2011, 10:56 AM
Bring it up at the meeting this week.

What, am I the ride coordinator? :na-na:

wrx_02
February 21st, 2011, 11:18 AM
No but the LUN ride is your baby. I have no issues helping anyone coordinate a ride. I will call and do my best to gather people. I just don't know routes very well enough for memory, so my rides will include lots of stopping, looking at the map, double backing, u turns etc etc. lol

Jus10
February 21st, 2011, 11:33 AM
No but the LUN ride is your baby. I have no issues helping anyone coordinate a ride. I will call and do my best to gather people. I just don't know routes very well enough for memory, so my rides will include lots of stopping, looking at the map, double backing, u turns etc etc. lol

Just giving you a hard time bro. BTW - my rides have lots of map queries and u-turns too. :D

wrx_02
February 21st, 2011, 12:01 PM
I dunno the Glen Rose ride was great last year. Jc and I were going to try and go learn it but time just hasn't worked out very well.

The more rides we go on with you guys we will learn them eventually. I am ready for some Hammonds. :chow:

Fureinku
February 21st, 2011, 12:48 PM
ill try and make it, i didnt know him but i may have met him, i used to frequent quakecon

Jus10
February 21st, 2011, 01:05 PM
ill try and make it, i didnt know him but i may have met him, i used to frequent quakecon

Yeah, I didn't know about his online life, but he seemed to be somewhat of a celebrity gamer online something or other. :o

CBar
February 21st, 2011, 01:47 PM
I rode by LUN's memorial yesterday. There were 5 bikes parked there in the grass. I don't know if they just happened to stop there or if someone ran off the road, but everyone appeared OK.

bjhughes
February 21st, 2011, 04:06 PM
Just giving you a hard time bro. BTW - my rides have lots of map queries and u-turns too. :D

If I make it, I can lead (without a map). I still have some of my memory left :loco:

I rode with Lun many times. He was a good kid.

slowgsxr
February 26th, 2011, 06:26 AM
I'll be there. Can't wait.....

Roseknight
March 1st, 2011, 09:22 AM
gonna try... am in Glen Rose this weekend .. will see if I wake up early enough to ride back and meet you guys.

ZedX
March 1st, 2011, 10:05 AM
We're planning to make it also (2-up)

Jus10
March 5th, 2011, 03:48 PM
Please join me for a smr down south in celebration of our friend Darren LUN Webber.

Meet at McD's, Sublett & 287.
KSU 9:30

As usual, pace will be easy. Short stop on 51 then lunch at Hammonds. The route home can be slabbed or twisted the we came. I'll try to bring a few route maps for any newb's.

All riders welcome.

Please note I moved start time out to 9:30 to allow temps to warm up a bit.

Fureinku
March 5th, 2011, 04:01 PM
sounds good!

ZedX
March 5th, 2011, 04:02 PM
We're planning to make it also (2-up)

New bike not deliverred yet and old bikes sold. Sorry we'll miss this one.

slowgsxr
March 5th, 2011, 04:30 PM
Yup sounds excellent considering i don't get off of work till 3 am

bjhughes
March 5th, 2011, 05:27 PM
Please note I moved start time out to 9:30

Oh...the ol' "change the time to lose me" trick...not gonna work this time. I'm on to you. See you there.

Jus10
March 5th, 2011, 06:53 PM
Oh...the ol' "change the time to lose me" trick...not gonna work this time. I'm on to you. See you there.

lost your number a few phones ago, glad you saw that. :cool:

wrx_02
March 5th, 2011, 09:19 PM
I may or may not make it guys. Jc and I left the track today after cornering working to find my eyes had red lines in them. Like going across and not covering my whole eye. Went to walgreens, they gave me some pink eye drops. Told me to keep my contacts out cause if I leave them in it will get infected.

I will have to see if the blurriness goes away in the morning. If not I gotta leave the contacts out and I can't see without them. Needless to say I am a little pissed. Why don't they sell steroid eye drops at Walgreens? :whyme:

slowgsxr
March 6th, 2011, 05:27 AM
I may or may not make it guys. Jc and I left the track today after cornering working to find my eyes had red lines in them. Like going across and not covering my whole eye. Went to walgreens, they gave me some pink eye drops. Told me to keep my contacts out cause if I leave them in it will get infected.

I will have to see if the blurriness goes away in the morning. If not I gotta leave the contacts out and I can't see without them. Needless to say I am a little pissed. Why don't they sell steroid eye drops at Walgreens? :whyme:

You don't have glasses as back up?

Fureinku
March 6th, 2011, 08:59 AM
30 degrees right now... bundle up

wrx_02
March 6th, 2011, 10:44 AM
You don't have glasses as back up?

I do but they only allow me to see like 5 feet in front of me. They are really old. I need to save up and get a pair on my next prescription but I would have to pay to replace them every year. :mad:

Backmarker
March 6th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Wish I could've been there with y'all.

Fureinku
March 6th, 2011, 03:25 PM
just got home, sorry i didnt stay for the whole ride.. hope mark's bike is ok.. although we all know its probably not

matt.. you find your keys?

Bullwinkle
March 6th, 2011, 04:00 PM
I need to save up and get a pair on my next prescription but I would have to pay to replace them every year. :mad:

You can always just replace the lens and keep the frame, so you can save a few bucks on the frame. If the prescription did not change that much between current and next exam, you can probably keep wearing the same setup.

Honda^3
March 6th, 2011, 04:02 PM
Anyone know a good attorney in Johnson Co?

Jus10
March 6th, 2011, 04:05 PM
Thanks to all who braved the cold to join us. Had a few guests, a newbie, and some blasts from the past. Big thanks go to BJ for leading and waiting on us slower folks, Bender for taking one for the team, and UHaul for having something available to tow the Duck that laid an egg.

Been awhile since I ran an smr. I'm whooped!

ZedX
March 6th, 2011, 04:17 PM
and UHaul for having something available to tow the Duck that laid an egg.

Plano Ducati shop sucks balls. I thought everyone knew that? :naughty:

Wish I could have been on the ride. :(

bjhughes
March 6th, 2011, 07:34 PM
Big thanks go to BJ for leading and waiting on us slower folks

It was a fun day. Good to see some old TSBAer's...even a sighting of DMPC TT !

I must say, the cops sure have messed up the area for riding. We all had to be slow today. Way too many of them out generating revenue. What ever happened to fighting crime?

The point was to remember LUN and get out for a ride. Mission accomplished.

fairing lurker
March 7th, 2011, 01:13 AM
So after 80 miles of fighting the front end that kept lifting up the oil pump said 25k is enuff. Hope there isnt a bunch of metal in the pan. The uhaul kind of sucked went to buy straps so i looked inside only to find no tie down areas in there. I paid an extra 10 to get the 14 footer since it had a ramp. So. I basically slabbed home in the uhaul and fot my land cruiser and trailer with the comfy condor chock and took it out there. I arrived around 6pm. The guy at the truck refueling station was still there and he kept everyones hands off her and helped me get it on the trailer. I tipped him 25 and he didnt want to take it. Turns out he builds custom choppers and man they are amazing (for that thpe bike). It takes another motorcycle person to always lend a hand speaking of which i had plenty of help to get squared away and thanks to all that helped. This club is more than people understand and this ride, the behavior of everyone, and the day was actually excellent Now to take the $1700 i just spent to repair the duc, add the $150 for the uhaul, the gas both ways to pick her up to the tune of $50. And see how much a blown engine is going to cost. WTH. I had to replace tje engine in the land cruiser at 330k miles and now it is the most reliable vehicle I own.

Regards,

Fureinku
March 7th, 2011, 01:32 AM
man what a bummer.. hope it all goes smoothly, my 45 dollar inhaler fell out of my jacket pocket earlier in the ride... the cold air really activates my asthma and i havin a hard time stayin focused...

i did however enjoy watching justin swing his hips and shake his booty through the turns

Jus10
March 7th, 2011, 10:38 AM
i did however enjoy watching justin swing his hips and shake his booty through the turns

:naughty:

Its like I told Bradon. Between Virge and Mikyl my man love is all tapped out. :na-na:

Jus10
March 7th, 2011, 10:40 AM
http://bbs.tsba.org/imagehosting/22964d74fc208e21d.jpg

http://bbs.tsba.org/imagehosting/22964d74fc20622f9.jpg

http://bbs.tsba.org/imagehosting/22964d74fc2038afa.jpg

wrx_02
March 7th, 2011, 10:52 AM
Looks like a bunch of old *** men to me. :lmao:
Sorry I missed out. Didn't want to hurt my eye anymore than it already was. I stayed parked at the house all day. Lot of eye drops later and I think it is gone. I will be able to tell by the end of the day.

CBar
March 7th, 2011, 12:57 PM
Anyone know a good attorney in Johnson Co?

Call the court clerk and ask about your options. Tell her you live out of town. You might be able to ask for deferred adjudication through a written request.

CBar
March 7th, 2011, 01:00 PM
There are the only 2 pics I took.

http://bbs.tsba.org/imagehosting/34204d751ccb7e5a5.jpg

http://bbs.tsba.org/imagehosting/34204d751ccbb19f8.jpg

Wenkster
March 7th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Good time.. But I agree, you all look old, except Carl. Thanks for the great time!

ZedX
March 7th, 2011, 01:47 PM
Looks like a bunch of old *** men to me. :lmao:

Didn't anyone tell you it's really the Texas Senior Biker Assoc? :na-na:

wrx_02
March 7th, 2011, 02:02 PM
Didn't anyone tell you it's really the Texas Senior Biker Assoc? :na-na:

I figured that out on the first meeting. You should hear my sales pitch to get people to join.

"Yeah everyone in the group is big on safety and are all really good riders. I am like one of the youngest ones in the group." :lmao:

Chris I need me TSBA cards to hand out. I am about out. Bring some to the BBQ meet.

Dmpc_TT
March 7th, 2011, 02:15 PM
It was good seeing everyone at breakfast.

slowgsxr
March 8th, 2011, 05:19 AM
Yeah looking at that sit down picture really shows me how much hair i've lost...... I just need to chop it all off..... I felt really old after the 2nd time i "lost" my key....

Jus10
March 8th, 2011, 08:12 AM
Yeah looking at that sit down picture really shows me how much hair i've lost...... I just need to chop it all off..... I felt really old after the 2nd time i "lost" my key....

Next time we're putting that key on string so you can wear it around you neck. :)

wrx_02
March 8th, 2011, 09:10 AM

Just shave it man.... you will feel better. :mischief:

CBar
March 8th, 2011, 11:36 AM
Next time we're putting that key on string so you can wear it around you neck. :)

:+1:

Where did he find it? In his pocket?

Jus10
March 8th, 2011, 12:46 PM

:applause: :doh:

doomer
March 8th, 2011, 03:12 PM
Sorry I missed out, looks like ya'll had an awesome time. Perfect day to ride. I had family in town & got stuck indoors all day. :(

slowgsxr
March 9th, 2011, 04:07 AM

Unfortunatly yes. Silk pockets hide things very well apparently :o

wrx_02
March 9th, 2011, 08:58 AM
Unfortunatly yes. Silk pockets hide things very well apparently :o

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs37/f/2008/293/f/a/Picard_Facepalm_by_LuckyHRE.gif

Jus10
March 10th, 2011, 07:05 PM
I sent Darren's mom a short email letting her know we had our annual ride and passed on a few pics for her. She thinks its wonderful we still ride in his honor. She took her first ever riders course this past weekend. She felt Darren was with her during the course and has a better understanding of the concentration required to operate a motorcycle.

Thanks again to all who joined me!

ZedX
March 10th, 2011, 07:24 PM
She took her first ever riders course this past weekend. She felt Darren was with her during the course and has a better understanding of the concentration required to operate a motorcycle.

:thumbsup:

Jus10
March 11th, 2011, 09:32 AM
:thumbsup:

yeah, thats one tough lady! She took her first motorcycle course on an anniversary of his accident. I cant imagine her strength!

ZedX
March 11th, 2011, 09:46 AM
yeah, thats one tough lady! She took her first motorcycle course on an anniversary of his accident. I cant imagine her strength!

Shows where LUN got his positive attitude. :applause: