PDA

View Full Version : FTW meeting 10/26 @ Sammies BBQ

CBar
October 25th, 2011, 12:20 PM
Meeting @ Sammies tomorrow. Meeting starts @ 8 and will be over by 9. Some of us will arrive early for dinner. Guests are welcome.

There is a new karaoke guy that is going to be there. I have the regular room reserved, but we can also sit outside if the weather cooperates.

Fureinku
October 25th, 2011, 10:56 PM
i cant make this meeting, sorry folks

NathanNTX
October 26th, 2011, 07:55 AM
I dont think I will be able to make it tonight.. I'm most-likely gonna to have to work late.

wrx_02
October 26th, 2011, 08:42 AM
I will be working late but I will show up, hopefully on time.

doomer
October 26th, 2011, 03:07 PM
I'm there!

wrx_02
October 27th, 2011, 07:52 AM
Small group, nice meeting.

Talked about.

1. Xmas party plans.....
2. Isle of Mann TT3D watching party
3. Is there anything the club should purchase as a resource?

CBar
October 28th, 2011, 12:59 PM
Members attended: CBar, landman, wrx_02, Jerkface JC, Bullwinkle and doomer. The karaoke guy didn't show up, so that was nice.

Topics:

1. Our meetings are on the 4th Wednesday of the month, so that makes it the day before Thanksgiving in November. Last year we moved the meeting a day earlier. We discussed moving it to the following Wednesday 11/30. This will probably be the last regular meeting of the year.

2. The holiday party will replace our December meeting. We discussed having the party at someone's home and our chapter will pay for the catering. Another option is to have the chapter pay for dinner at Sammies or any other place that we decide on. We can also do a Main Event bowling/games/bowling/etc. deal. I am requesting suggestions.

3. It is almost time to elect officers for 2012. Please let me know if you are interested in an officer position. Think about who you want to nominate for what, but please make sure they are willing. Feel free to replace me or anyone else. You won't hurt our feelings.

I will start a thread next week for nominations. We need to nominate and vote, so the results can be announced at the 11/30 meeting. Depending on how many people are willing to contribute as an officer, we may eliminate positions and/or combine a few. The 2011 officers are:

President: CBar - Chris
Vice President: Brad Felmey
Treasurer: Landman - Carl
Secretary: Zop - Larry
Web Master: DucUsta - Dave
Ride Master: wrx_02 - Brandon

4. A couple of us discussed getting together for another track day before the end of the year. Options:
- RideSmart is @ Cresson (1.7 course) on 11/5. RideSmart will also be at MSRH on 11/19 and 12/10. $140.
- Eagles Canyon Track Day on 11/20 for $120.
- Eagles Canyon Toy Run on 12/11. The price isn't listed on their calendar, but I think is was $50 last year.

5. We had one group ride this month. doomer posted a ride for last weekend, but no members attended. The group ride was the Ride for Kids 2010 charity ride. I'm not sure how many members went because I didn't make it. Instead I hit the North Texas Norton (NTNOA) rally and rode all over NE Texas for a couple of days on my exotic multi-purpose street/track/sport-touring bike. It does it all, including some light off-road riding. :D A seat with some padding would be nice though!

*We did not discuss our traditional Black Friday Ride. If you don't know, this is the day after Thanksgiving. Other obigations will keep me from participating this year, so someone else will need to organize something (if there is interest).

wrx_02
October 28th, 2011, 01:13 PM
Jc Frank and I were the 3 that did ride for Kids 2011.

I am interested in the 11/20 ECR trackday (considering track conditions). I should be back from Mexico nice and tan and ready for some male bonding by then.

Plus I need to try out the new track bike.

Brad Felmey
October 28th, 2011, 06:35 PM
I are in Caddo State Park. *waves*

CBar
October 28th, 2011, 07:00 PM
I are in Caddo State Park. *waves*

On the bike, I hope. We didn't make it that far this time. Went to Lake O' the Pines and spent the night in Jefferson.

Have fun!!!

Jus10
November 4th, 2011, 12:02 PM
1. 30th should be fine.
2. Who's brave enough to host?
3. Brandon for Prez!

:hiding: