Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Slowpoke SMRs?

Originally posted by YZF Cathy:
    I seconds Greg's ideas.

The more time I spend at the track, the slower I become on the street.
    My sentiments exactly. I can't tell you how many times I've spoken those exact words. Tony, David, et al., I, too, would be interested in these S&S (Socialization & Scenery ) rides.

z
    ~~~suZette~~~
    CMRA Expert #16
    CMRA Endurance #50 www.LunachixRacing.com
    TORO #W333 She-Devil Racing

Originally posted by David_VMI91:
    OK here we go, after all this talk it is time for some ACTION
    <sigh>

That honestly sounds just perfect. Could it be repeated the next Sunday? I'm going to be competing motorcycle drills in Nashville this weekend. I'd even drive over to that God-awful hellhole called Dallas for a ride like this.
    Brad Felmey

Originally posted by Charlie:
    quote:
    Originally posted by Ric Martin:
    But on the bright side, I have insurance $$ in hand and am looking for a new ride.
    Jen has an immaculate Honda Hornet for sale [/QUOTE]Geeez! Turn my head for a minnit, and the thread jumps to five pages.

Well, another 03SVS kinda fell in my lap for a song, so I bought it Sunday. Just like mine but with the odometer turned way back. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I've only been on two SMRs, and I had a good time on both, except for boneheadedly forgetting to use my kickstand once.

It's pretty difficult to lead a group of riders with such a range of equipment and experience. My TSBA-with-flames hat goes off to anybody who has led an SMR.

As far as the maps go - rather than have everybody who wants to go on an SMR buy a map, why doesn't the leader make copies and distribute them that morning with the route highlighted? That way, they'd not only be functional in a pinch, but we could go over them after the ride and/or during stops.

My first SMR was when I broke my 3-digit moto-virgintiy. It was in a straight as I attempted to keep up with someone on a funky orange 'saki. I was trying to keep my interval, and ran out of gears, only to look down at my speedo reading 127mph. Did it scare me? YUP! Was it fun? YUP! Did I slow right down? Yup. At least when you're new, nobody can get mad 'cause you're slow.

I'll try to get out there this Sunday, David. Thanks for volunteering.
    Ric

Originally posted by Greg Sampson:
    I'm only beating a horse.
    Leave the poor HORSE ALONE!!!!!!!!
    Go kick one of your cats or something.........NOt like "I" go about screwing around with anyone else's workday....sheesh....
    Loyed

Originally posted by Brad Felmey:
    quote:
    Originally posted by David_VMI91:
    OK here we go, after all this talk it is time for some ACTION
    <sigh>

That honestly sounds just perfect. Could it be repeated the next Sunday? I'm going to be competing motorcycle drills in Nashville this weekend. I'd even drive over to that God-awful hellhole called Dallas for a ride like this.
    [/QUOTE]Gak! Methinks I jinxed him.
    Brad Felmey

JUST SHUT UP AND RIDE!
    CMRA #708
    2004 GSXR 1000 Road/RoadRace Bike
    1997 Yamaha 535 Virago
    2005 Honda Ruckus Rocket Ship
    2002 Suzuki SV650

"Intellectual Honesty is the most important form of Honesty because lying to others may be damaging, but lying to yourself is fatal!" Benjamin L Crain

I LOVE THE SMELL OF RACE FUEL IN THE MORNING, SMELLS LIKE VICTORY!

Okay I have only been on 2 of the southside SMR's and hear is my opinion.
    On my first SMR there were so many people that we broke off into 2 groups JohnT led the first group and Mel led the second. I felt very comfortable in the second group until a guy on a 954RR started blasting into the straights at around 145 mph and then hit the twisties at almost the posted speed limit. With me being on a 600 it was very hard to try and pass this person in the straights so I finally got the chance coming out of a turn. The next SMR was the infamous run from the popo! When we first took off I was right behind John for most of the day until I got fatigued and let B.J. and YZF Cathy pass me. Never once did I feel that John was going way to fast or putting us in a dangerous situation. Yes there were times in long straights that we would hit 120 mph but it was just for a quick second and then back down. John always stops and waits for all of the other riders if we got spread out. My point is this ride your own ride and do not go above your riding level we will always wait until the sweeper shows up. This is what a sport bike is made for. If I did not want to go fast I would have bought a cruiser or something else besides a crotch rocket. I think that for the most part we are smart/safe riders granted there are a few who ride above their level but that is their own fault if they go above their level. This is just my opinion and I am not trying to make anyone mad here! Stop crying and start riding!!!! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    Robby

HERE HERE! Let's ride!

Especially since it's not so hot outside
    Johnny Bravoooooooo!

Tacky but Tasteful

I don't know what looks better? The car, or me driving it

\'01 600F4i #902 TEAM LEGHUMPER

The human head weighs 8 lbs.
    Albie

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.

Dallas chapter VP
    You can e-mail me at albie1 at gmail dot com

Originally posted by Albie:
    The human head weighs 8 lbs.
    This abstract comment was brought to you by:

Jerry Maguire. When you absolutely need a movie to help you score
    Johnny Bravoooooooo!

Tacky but Tasteful

Wow Jen. That hurts! Quote: "That was the most fun I've ever had on an SMR".
    Actually Mr. Bravo, I truly gained my confidence and ability to ride my ride on the SS rides. I don't mean to make your head any bigger than it already is but, your leading was awsome. I could see you slow down when the pace was too fast and you daddy ducked us through the whole ride. Your style of leading just seemed to work for me. I must mention Virge and Justin in the same paragraph b/c of them things just started to click with me. I still remeber that SMR to a tee. It was the first time I felt like a rider and like I got it. I learned leaning 101 from virge and consistancy from Justin. At the first gas stop I was so taken back by Virge asking me if he was going fast enough. I was still giddy from the fact that I wasn't a nervous wreck in the turns. It was all over from that ride forward. I moved on to track dayz and AR ride with an outlook I thought would take me a very long time to gain. All the sudden my veiw while ridding lost it's tunnel vision and a world opened up. Many thanks to you three.

Jen
    S2R 1000-Carbon fiber tail, windscreen,rear hugger, chainguard, bellypan, pipeshield, pipebracket, rizoma resevoir, speedymoto sexyred clutch plates and open dry clutch cover,shiny new speedy moto buttons, Leo Vince titanium pipe, clear alternative intergrated taillight/signals, Ducati front turn signals,CRC bar end mirrors,ahhh brand new shinny Speedy Moto open belt covers and X-tra horsepower EVIL DUC riding shot gun.
    gorgeous 2001 Yeller 996
    past TSBA Prez.

Jen Rapport

Originally posted by Tippytoes:

Actually Mr. Bravo, I truly gained my confidence and ability to ride my ride on the SS rides. I don't mean to make your head any bigger than it already is but

Jen
    You've been talking to my wife, haven't you
    Johnny Bravoooooooo!

Tacky but Tasteful

Suggestion: We should be careful about how we describe our rides on the board. There is no need to mention speeds that a particular rider may attain, or refer to other stuff that the public at large may not understand.
    Greg C.
    '02 ST4s Red
    '05 999R Red

Don't harsh my mellow.

I, for one, have never exceeded 75MPH*

*in any turn marked 30mph.
    Johnny Bravoooooooo!

Tacky but Tasteful

Anyone who would do that is just as liable to rape your dog and scatter your garbage.

[ August 31, 2004, 14:18: Message edited by: Greg C. ]
    Greg C.
    '02 ST4s Red
    '05 999R Red

Don't harsh my mellow.

Cool

ONE TIME... AT SMR CAMP... I STUCK A #!$&!# UP MY @%#$&*%$...

Can I make a suggestion... can we switch the letters A and B for Y and Z???

Also, can we move the SMR start closer to a bar thats open at 8AM... I have some fine recommendations...

And lastly, but mostly... hic-up... burb...

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!
    Foster,
    as in the lager...

\"Is it ride like the wind, or break like the wind?\"

Foster, John Foster, you crack me up

Originally posted by Greg C.:
    Suggestion: We should be careful about how we describe our rides on the board. There is no need to mention speeds that a particular rider may attain, or refer to other stuff that the public at large may not understand.
    Well, you KNOW the speedos exaggerate your actual warpage.
    Ric

Originally posted by Ric Martin:
    Well, you KNOW the speedos exaggerate your actual warpage.
    Um.. Can we actually have one conversation without mentioning banana hammocks? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Originally posted by JohnT:
    I, for one, have never exceeded 75MPH*

*in any turn marked 30mph.
    **** John I just read that and had to wipe off my monitor due to me spittin up all over it after that comment. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    This is the way an SMR should be in my own thoughts. If you feel that the pace is to fast for you then fall to the back or close to it. Yes we do get fast but not that fast. Ride at your skill level and never try to exceed that or it will be your own fault as to what happens. The ride leader will wait for all of the riders at the next stop and he/she will also make sure that nobody wrecked or had mechanical problems. We will then proceed until the next stop and so on and so on. Why people are making a big deal out of this makes me wonder, but hey that is just me.
    John are you going to start doing the SMR's again now that it is cooling off?

[ August 31, 2004, 17:45: Message edited by: Coca Cola Cowboy ]
    Robby

I'm Jack's raging bile duct!

[ August 31, 2004, 17:55: Message edited by: Albie ]
    Albie

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.

Dallas chapter VP
    You can e-mail me at albie1 at gmail dot com

...refer to other stuff that the public at large may not understand.
    I have never exceeded 0xA2, or 10100010 MPH.

Originally posted by CBeaR:
    quote:
    I have never exceeded 0xA2, or 10100010 MPH. [/QUOTE]SSSSHHHHHH!!!
    Greg C.
    '02 ST4s Red
    '05 999R Red

Don't harsh my mellow.

Originally posted by CBeaR:
    quote:
    I have never exceeded 0xA2, or 10100010 MPH. [/QUOTE]Good un!

Only a matter of time before the GP bikes are rolling 0xff mph ... oiy!