Thread: This is why I ride...

Here is a good write-up that the rest of you may enjoy:

This is why I ride.

I know, I know, it's from a VFR website and a VFR isn't a real sportbike blah blah blah; just deal with it 'cause it is still a great story.
    David

Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing -Helen Keller

Don't be ashamed for having a VFR, they are great bikes. As a matter of fact my 63yr old 4'10 110lb Step Mom said that when she could no longer ride her 06 GSXR 1000 that she would be buying a VFR. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ April 07, 2006, 14:51: Message edited by: CrashCrain ]
    CMRA #708
    2004 GSXR 1000 Road/RoadRace Bike
    1997 Yamaha 535 Virago
    2005 Honda Ruckus Rocket Ship
    2002 Suzuki SV650

"Intellectual Honesty is the most important form of Honesty because lying to others may be damaging, but lying to yourself is fatal!" Benjamin L Crain

I LOVE THE SMELL OF RACE FUEL IN THE MORNING, SMELLS LIKE VICTORY!

Even on a VFR she'll still have better lap times than you...
    David

Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing -Helen Keller

Originally posted by DJN:
    Even on a VFR she'll still have better lap times than you...
    ZZZZZZIIIIIINNNNNGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!

Brad Felmey

Yo Crash....is that really your step-mom and she's 63...OMG!!! That is so freaking cool. She's got to have some great big ol' elephantiazed NUTZ to be that old and ride one of the baddest sport bikes.

Much respect to her.
    -Sheyi

Yep that is really my own 63 yr old Step Mom. They got her the 1000 after my dad went out on a SMR without her. She had a cruiser at the time and would not been able to keep up. She was pissed she didn't go so she took her cruiser in the next day and traded it in. The 05-06GSXR 1000 has a very narrow seat and alot lower seat height. Then she spent about $2000.00 getting it lowered for her. Take a close look at the fork tube clearance and the upper fairing clearence from the fender.

Joan has been an inspiration for many women in the Colorado Springs area. People just can't believe this little, gray haired, mild mannered lady rides a rocket ship. I love getting phone calls from her talking about going 150 mph for her first time ever in any vehicle.

My dad thanks me often for letting him ride my GSXR1000 after I had race modified it. It scared him so bad that he had to have one and got his the next week. Then she got hers about 8 months later. He said that the experience has changed their lives and they are much happier now than they ever were because they can get out and ride these bikes. You really become passionate about your bike, it really nice if you can share that passion with your spouse.

I got a his and her's picture somewhere that I will have to post up as well.

Now if I can just get Tracy hers we will truly be the GSXR family. We love these bikes.

[ April 09, 2006, 10:22: Message edited by: CrashCrain ]
    CMRA #708
    1997 Yamaha 535 Virago
    2002 Suzuki SV650

"Intellectual Honesty is the most important form of Honesty because lying to others may be damaging, but lying to yourself is fatal!" Benjamin L Crain

CMRA #708
    1997 Yamaha 535 Virago
    2002 Suzuki SV650