Thread: bike inspection

does anyone know of a good place around richardson/plano/north dallas to get your bike inspected? I've heard dealerships will make you buy stuff before they pass your inspection.
    Heather Shotwell

2006-2009 TSBA Dallas Secretary 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650R TSBA # 2189, AMA # 962884 Questions about TSBA? Email Me

I've taken my SV to PKS since I've owned it and never had an issue or pressure sale, even with my pimp LED programmed tail/brakelight. Charlie prefers the old gas stations that now only do state inspections because they let you ride your bike for the brake test (PKS does it for you).
    Zukidog March 2, 2003 - November 6, 2006

(Plano Kawasaki Suzuki)

(on W side of 75 north of 190)
    Zukidog March 2, 2003 - November 6, 2006

Try this link from TX DPS and look for the X in the MC column.
    Gordon H
    ------------------------------------------
    2012 Ninja 1000 (aka Z1000SX )

I've heard dealerships will make you buy stuff before they pass your inspection.
    Complete and utter BS! Any M/C dealership should inspect the bike for no reason other than it's required by law.
    --
    RH

I've never had a problem with either Plano Honda or Al Lamb's Honda on either of my bikes.
    Rob

'84 VF500F
    '01 VFR800FI -- Too sporty for cruisers, too comfortable for squids.

There's a state inspection station (green & white color scheme) on the NE corner of Custer & Legacy in west Plano

Another quick and easy place is on Arapahoe and West Shore (between Floyd and Waterview). You run your own brake test there, plus there is usually no waiting (they will do your m/c inspection ahead of waiting cars).

I know of no big-line m/c dealership (not counting the m/c service shops that are not full-line dealerships) that makes you buy something before you get your inspection completed. That activity is against the law in Texas, and the DPS inspection inspectors specifically look for that kind of activity. I have -been- an inspector for a m/c dealership and I know the regional DPS inspectors.
    Tommy

I go to Denton County Choppers. Walk in, Pay them, they put a sticker on it, and you drive away. Never has it taken me more than 5 minutes. They have been really good to me.
    CMRA #708
    2004 GSXR 1000 Road/RoadRace Bike
    1997 Yamaha 535 Virago
    2005 Honda Ruckus Rocket Ship
    2002 Suzuki SV650

"Intellectual Honesty is the most important form of Honesty because lying to others may be damaging, but lying to yourself is fatal!" Benjamin L Crain

I LOVE THE SMELL OF RACE FUEL IN THE MORNING, SMELLS LIKE VICTORY!