Thread: Auuurrrggggg!!!

I'm a big supporter of police and civil servents in general. ...at least I was. BUT... I am constantly getting stoppped within blocks of my home (Allen). No tickets given (or desirved). Maybe it's the Louisiana plates and will stop once I look local, but WTF??? Out of state plates just get harrassed for no reason?? I bite my tounge and yes'sr the young punks but I really want to put foot to @$$ and explain what they should be doing instead of stopping people on their way home from home depot. [\rant]
    Michael
    445whp LS3 Miata

I feel your pain brother. I used to get stopped frequently on Broad St. in Mansfield. Something about freakin' squids running from the coppers on SH 360 and/or 287. Since I've moved closer to 287 I don't take Broad and it hasn't been a problem.

Maybe you could make friends with them and get them to recognize your bike and leave you alone. Get a box of donuts strapped to the back of the bike and go cruising (trolling) for them one morning.

Good luck.
    John Hamilton of Arl, TX
    2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R
    MSF RiderCoach

"Listening is more than waiting for your turn to talk." -Scott Wilder

I'm feeling it too.....

Red Oak PD has a total of six officers(3 have pulled me over)once for 48 in a 45. Same goes for the sheriffs they stay behind me from the highway to my driveway. It's so nice of the local police to make sure I get home alright
    Melanie

01' YZF600R

I don't have any idea what ya'll are talking about. I never get pulled over..........

Me looks for lightning.
    Albie

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.

Dallas chapter VP
    You can e-mail me at albie1 at gmail dot com

Is this happening only on your bike or in all your vehicles? They are probably stopping you on your bike b/c they are making sure it's not stolen. If it's your vehicle, might be they're friendly check to see how long you're going to wait to get your plates changed over if you're becoming a resident of TX, and making sure you haven't passed the time limit so they can ticket you.
    Josh....2005 HONDA CBR 600RR SILVER/BLK.

I've had a Denton cop follow me for about fifteen minutes all the way to my street before he finally decided to go his way.
    Mike S

2005 Yamaha R6

Originally posted by SPRSLO:
    They are probably stopping you on your bike b/c they are making sure it's not stolen.
    My ***, it doesnt take more then a few mins for them to run the tag from their own computer in the car to see if its stolen (at least the tag) and if they really wanted to check to see if it was stolen on a VIN check they would have stopped and ran the VIN, not just follow you and intimidate. Sad thing is popo doesnt have to have a reason to stop a bike, unlike a car, they can stop a bike purely for "inspection"

Originally posted by Da Jacker:
    . Sad thing is popo doesnt have to have a reason to stop a bike, unlike a car, they can stop a bike purely for "inspection"
    Is this a fact?
    Michael
    445whp LS3 Miata

Heck they can stop you just to verify your helmet is DOT legal.
    John Hamilton of Arl, TX
    2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R
    MSF RiderCoach

"Listening is more than waiting for your turn to talk." -Scott Wilder

I've got to get all my stuff transferred over. ...then my represenatives will get to know this coonass very well!!!
    Michael
    445whp LS3 Miata

Yup, it's true. Officers may pull over a motorcycle operator just to inspect the vehicle and nowadays the gear (or lack thereof) -- unlike a private automobile (unless there is reasonable cause like smoking or obvious safety violations). Commercial trucks may also be pulled over for inspection.
    Tommy

Frisco PD just got 6 new Harley Davidson Police Bikes. Since this is the first time they have ever had Motorcycle police they held the training course in the Parking lot at Warren Sports Complex. It was some funny Sh#t to watch. What a bunch of idiots, it was obvious that many of them had no motorcycle skills at all.

Now these new MOTO COPS are on Patrol and I watched one this weekend go wide through a green light and drag the left side of his bike to prevent going into the curb. I actually think I am going to call the police and complain for damaging public property.

But anyway, they have to pay for their new MultiMillion Dollar Police Station and New Cars and Bikes. They have 4 areas that are now highly patrolled. Main Street by bikes in the AM. Parkwood By Squad car on the North End and On the south end it is in a Pickup truck.

I cant get my bike out of first gear in the morning.
    CMRA #708
    2004 GSXR 1000 Road/RoadRace Bike
    1997 Yamaha 535 Virago
    2005 Honda Ruckus Rocket Ship
    2002 Suzuki SV650

"Intellectual Honesty is the most important form of Honesty because lying to others may be damaging, but lying to yourself is fatal!" Benjamin L Crain

I LOVE THE SMELL OF RACE FUEL IN THE MORNING, SMELLS LIKE VICTORY!