Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Exhibition of Speed?

Originally posted by -=sean)=-:
    If some of you help me buy that '05 vette, I can "distract" some of that negative attention away from sportbikes.
    Cars suck!
    Albie

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.

Dallas chapter VP
    You can e-mail me at albie1 at gmail dot com

Originally posted by Albie:
    quote:
    If some of you help me buy that '05 vette, I can "distract" some of that negative attention away from sportbikes.
    Cars suck! [/QUOTE]Read some stuff about it and cars will suck a bit less.

Whoa I never meant to cause this much chaos, I just wanted some advice.

In a Nut Shell-. "GET OFF THE MOTORCYCLE" I all ready have it turned off. I get off, "REMOVE YOUR HELMET" I take it OFF. "REMOVE YOUR DRIVERS LISCENSE". He is behind his door with his gun drawn so I slowly reach for my liscense.I have a CHL so I keep my hands in front of me."IS THERE ANYTHING THAT IS SO EMERGENT THAT YOU HAVE TO BE DOING 70MPH TONIGHT". No Sir. As he steps forward. "YOU ARE UNDER ARREST FOR RACING". What? I am by myself? He then explains the new laws . BLAH BLAH BLAH. After He checked me out he gave me a bogus ticket for 65+(he wrote in that little +)in a 40 .I never got over 45mph.

I have been arrested(Cuffed and Taken to Jail) in south DC for having expired tags on a 1yr old pickup. There is a lot more to the Story like me asking him questions. It is best to do what the cop says, and be as curtious as possible.

He did let me go without towing and trashing my bike. I can try to fight a bogus ticket.
    CMRA #708
    2004 GSXR 1000 Road/RoadRace Bike
    1997 Yamaha 535 Virago
    2005 Honda Ruckus Rocket Ship
    2002 Suzuki SV650

"Intellectual Honesty is the most important form of Honesty because lying to others may be damaging, but lying to yourself is fatal!" Benjamin L Crain

I LOVE THE SMELL OF RACE FUEL IN THE MORNING, SMELLS LIKE VICTORY!

Firstly, Sean...wth are you doing?
    Secondly, a citation is NOT a form of arrest, but in just what it is...a citation in lieu of. Thirdly, you cannot be arrested for mearly speeding; understand that definition before you reply.

Fourthly, if you feel that you were wrongly dealt with, then you have the right to go to the Frisco PD PSU unit and file a grevience. Whether or not you deserve the ticket, there's a PC way of writing a citation and there's a insulting way of doing it - gun drawn on a simple traffic stop is a just above the norm. No one I know, pulls a vehicle over with their gun drawn, screaming commands from their door on every stop. So I'm certain we either aren't getting the picture, or aren't being told everything.

Frisco PD prides themselves on professionalism so see to it that they adhere to the moto if you truely feel it. I've been on both sides of the law now, and believe me when I say doing what you're told is the right thing to do. Never ever go "huh?" when given directions in a adrenaline rushed situation. Also, Frisco cars almost all have video, there's your prove. But you have to do something quickly before it gets reused for another shift. My recommendation? Hire attorney FIRST, file a grievance. Although you won't ruin anyones career, everybody needs a little constructive criticism from their bosses every now and then
    | 2003 Yamaha R1 | 2001 Honda 929RR

\"How long a minute is depends on what side of the bathroom door you\'re on.\"

I clicked on that link about racing on Dallas highways. A page opens with the text "George Bush Freeway" kind of in the middle of the page. I view the source and the code block is what I got. (I was expecting some cool, hacker trick for getting to a secret page or site to make it work. Maybe some encrypted hidden fields, but WYSIWYG.)

Then, I asked what is Ben's profession. BTW Ben, I met you at the meeting, I think. I'm the one who just purchased the '04 gsxr1000.

Lloyd ... just cause I'm curious and you're probably more likely to know the answer ...

In the CHL training, they told us that whenever a Texas LEO runs our plates and they come back as registered to us, they will also know that we are licensed for CHL. If that is true, would the officer's actions have been justified ... assuming he had reason to believe the suspect he just pulled over was carrying a concealed weapon and breaking the law? Just curious if that could have played a role in things.

My personal experiences with the Frisco PD have always been very professional and alot more toned down than what's described here. Of course, it's always possible that there's one bad apple on the force too.

I'm hoping Sean will edit his post as all the messages run off the screen.

I'm glad you brought that up Charlie.

The way it works is he notices an "alleged" violation, chases you down, marks out on traffic via radio to the R&I division, and approach you. He doesn't have time to run your plate - that's the R&I dispatchers job. There of course, times when he has the time to run your plate, however,
    whenever a plate is run, all you get is a registration information of that vehicle: registered to, date it expires, whether there are any region hits on it (possible warrants) and whether or not it's stolen. It does not show any license information at all. You have to actually key that in the MDT and what returns is the license, warrants, traffic past, region info, and CHL license. Because of this, it would be too late for the officer to find out you have a CHL, hence why you're suppose to relinguish the license IF and only IF you're carrying at that present time. Hope this explains.

[ February 18, 2004, 20:48: Message edited by: Lloyd ]

From the event description it looks like there was no time to run the plates prior to the cop/Ben altercation, so the CHL causing the cop to go in hyper mode is prolly not the case.

Gun drawn eh? either Frisco PD just hired a maverick or we dont have the full story

Have witnessed cops go into hyper mode twice, it was not fun for the offending party in either case.

Originally posted by Faisal Khan:
    or we dont have the full story

Have witnessed cops go into hyper mode twice, it was not fun for the offending party in either case.
    Ahh but one has a happy ending [img]smile.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Lloyd:
    Ahh but one has a happy ending [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Pulled it off? dang thats a party right there, when/where???

Originally posted by Faisal Khan:
    Pulled it off? dang thats a party right there, when/where???
    Sounds like another Club C&C night with Lloyd puking in the back yard!

I'm hoping Sean will edit his post as all the messages run off the screen.
    Did one better - it's gone completely.

BTW, noticed you said you have to present your CHL IFF (if and only if) your carrying when you get asked for your driver license and papers. The CH class I took, in 1999, said that it was law that you had to present your CHL with your drivers license at all times even if you're not carrying. Has something changed?

They tell you that so that you don't forget.

They tell you that so that you don't forget.
    Scared the krap out of me with all that class A misdemeaner talk! I guess it worked. [img]smile.gif[/img] So, is it true that a misdemeaner will cost you your CHL for good or were they also exaggerating about that too?

Go to http://www.tcht.net/ for all the information you could hope. It'd be good to see all the changes that we have accomplished. You can add Florida to the list of carry as well now.

LLoyd, I have had very good luck with Frisco PD and Fire Department in the Past. No Problems, after all I have a clean driving record. The speed traps are getting worse, and what happened Tuesday Night left me in Shock. I am fighting it, I just wish Frisco PD had cameras in there cars. I will not post somebodies name on the BBL but I will say he was an older fellow, a little out of shape, and was very, very, agitated. He had a point to prove otherwise I don't think that a person would have been treated like a Criminal getting Taken Down for nothing. Gun Drawn, Not trained on me, but out of the holster, Behind The door yelling commands, and spot lights in my face. YES, he was a real Jerk. Maverick, No. He was not a young guy. Just a really angry cop. You got the whole story as well.

I know some cops that just flash their badge and get out of everything. Must be nice having get out of jail free card. I should become a reserve cop so I can have this priveledge.

I know some of you out there are police and you have a job to do like I do. You lock up criminals, and I save lives. I wish the Frisco PD would spend more time going after criminals than spending there officers time setting up so many speed traps, and Harrasing Bikers. DO you remember the Thirsty Turtle? Yep, Frisco changes there alcohol laws and shut that biker hang out down. I have the Police going through my neigborhood looking for a MOTORCYCLE THAT HAS BEEN SPEEDING all the time.(thats my neighbors fault though)They call when I start it up in my garage. And there are at least 4 guys on my block that ride so it seems like they are always driving through the neighborhood looking for someone having a good time.

This is my first time to post on this BBl. I was looking for advice and I would like to thank the people that offered it. Opening a can of worms was not my intention and I am sorry if I offended anybody out there including the police.
    CMRA #708
    1997 Yamaha 535 Virago
    2002 Suzuki SV650

"Intellectual Honesty is the most important form of Honesty because lying to others may be damaging, but lying to yourself is fatal!" Benjamin L Crain

Faisal, I always let them know up front that I have a CHL even if I am not carrying. They get it with my drivers liscense no matter what.

Are you the one that is the instructor? My renewel date is approaching.
    CMRA #708
    1997 Yamaha 535 Virago
    2002 Suzuki SV650

Originally posted by PandoraGSXR1000:
    I just wish Frisco PD had cameras in there cars.
    They don't?

The DWI case I had to do jury duty on, they (Frisco PD) DID have a camera in the car and the officer was mic'ed. That was a large piece of evidence in the case.

BTW, noticed you said you have to present your CHL IFF (if and only if) your carrying when you get asked for your driver license and papers. The CH class I took, in 1999, said that it was law that you had to present your CHL with your drivers license at all times even if you're not carrying. Has something changed?
    I got mine in '00 (it's renewal time for me), but the way it was explained to me was that you are only REQUIRED to present your CHL if you are carrying. It was highly recommended that you provide your CHL to a LEO anytime you're stopped for anything. Kind of a respect thing, kind of to keep the surprises down. One less thing ... if you're not carrying and give him your drivers license, when he runs it, he's going to know you have a CHL and may then feel the need to ask you about it. If you're up front and tell him off the bat that you have a CHL but are not carrying, it removes any doubt.

My normal behavior is to stop and shut off the vehicle, make my hands plainly visible, and let the officer approach. Once the officer approaches, I inform them of my CHL status, let them ask where I'm carrying, get that off the table, then ASK them to let me retrieve my license/CHL for them. I've always asked them to let me remove my helmet, etc. etc. being polite has worked in my favor so far. YMMV though.

Really, He did not have anything in his window at all. Nothing mounted. I was unable to get up there yesterday but I am off today.
    CMRA #708
    1997 Yamaha 535 Virago
    2002 Suzuki SV650

Faisal, I always let them know up front that I have a CHL even if I am not carrying. They get it with my drivers liscense no matter what.
    I do the same and the popo is always grateful. He asks if I am carrying, I say no, but he always comes back with, well thanks for showing me that anyway

David
    David
    2007 Suzuki GSX-R750

\"Worn out sprockets are a sign of a life that was enjoyed and appreciated fully.\" - N. Hieronymus

"Virtus junxit mors non separabit" = What virtue has united death can not separate

I've been pulled over twice with Dave and can say that in both cases the cop was truly appreciative and respected the fact that Dave was licensed, upfront about it, but not carrying. Hell, I'm starting to think that it's the next best get-out-of-jail-free card next to an actual badge. It tells them, this is no punk-*** law-hating criminal with a record before they even run your license.
    Nathan
    2001 Ducati 996

"Life is about using the whole box of crayons."

"Happiness and freedom begin with a clear understanding of one principle: Some things are within our control, and some things are not." - Epictetus

"The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time." - Jack London

Charlie, go for da 750hp pimpmobile instead
    Sunny
    CMRA #92 Expert

PandoraGSXR1000 I hope I didn't upset you. But first you need to understand that this is a public forum, and therefore ripe with opinions. If you feel comfortable coming on and expressing a situation like this, then you have to be prepared. We're not like other clubs where the motorcyclist is always right. When someone comes on and says they were arrested for getting on it just a little - and then we find out that they weren't really arrested to begin with, it leaves doubt in peoples mind. Again, I don't know of any officers who withdrawl their gun on a typical traffic stop. So I can only decifer that he saw something, felt something, or was just a "Maverick" or you did something that led him to that action. If neither, then by all means file a complaint. I would.

Understand, I'm not questioning your intentions, trust me I know it can be like. I know what it's like to be on the opposite of a barrel being held by an out of control LEO. And I know what it's like to be the one nearly loosing control. Some of you know what I'm talking about, I just don't publicize them here for all to see. For those that do know, two down one to go.

Oh No, Its all good. I was kinda worried my opinions might be a bit much for ya'll. After all, I am new to the group.

After I have recovered from the shock of it all I kinda Gotta Laugh. I have been magically avoiding getting pulled over up here for all most two years now. I do drive fast and pretty much on the same route, I have passed countless frisco police, at varying speeds. They finally found out who is on THAT BIKE. I just wish it wasn't Bogus Charges. I wouldn't complain If I had been doing what he said.
    CMRA #708
    1997 Yamaha 535 Virago
    2002 Suzuki SV650